About this project
The crew at BOW & STERN aim to produce nautical inspired high quality watches that allow you to create your own style with a lifetime guarantee.
We realise that your own personal journey is always evolving and changing. It is our goal to produce quality sleek and minimalist timepieces, that allow you to create and change up your style to suite your current voyage.
Personality is key with BOW & STERN so we decided to bring our watches to life, with 10 different faces and three leather band options, we are proud to offer 30 different variations that will reflect your individual style and taste plus, BOW & STERN offers a lifetime guarantee so you can purchase your custom watch with the peace of mind knowing that you’re receiving a timepiece that is built to last the longest journeys and the stormiest seas.
Take the time to embrace change, take the time to connect, the time is now with BOW & STERN.
1. Lifetime Guarantee - Purchase with peace of mind. Our timepieces are built to last. We stand behind our product and will repair or replace any issue that is caused due to normal use. Timepieces shouldn't be treated as cheap disposable accessories, they should be a quality accessory that reflects your individuality.
2. Crafted using the highest grade materials. We've spent the last 14 months sourcing materials from suppliers around the world, designing, sampling & prototyping with multiple suppliers to ensure the best final product.
Some of the quality materials used in the construction of our timepieces are:
- 3 Hand Swiss Quartz Movement
- Scratch Proof Sapphire Crystal Glass
- Surgical Standard Stainless Steel
- Top Grade Vegetable Tanned Swedish Leather
3. Price - Many watch brands that use the quality materials we have used in our watches over inflate their margins. This shouldn't be the case!
Our products are priced to be accessible to all that want a quality watch that will last your voyage. Knowing that our watches are backed with a lifetime guarantee should give you peace of mind that your hard earned is being spent well.
4. Kickstarter exclusive offers, up to 50% off future RRP.
5. Create Your Own Style - With 30 watch combinations, all you need to do is choose the watch face/case that you love and match it with your favorite band.
Tärnsjö Garveri House Of Leather: "The art of vegetable tanning leather is thousands of years old. Since 1873 Tärnsjö Garveri has been using these time-tested methods. Industrialization has allowed tanneries to offer standard hides at lower prices and many tanneries have chosen that path. We have not. Why? Because the aesthetic of vegetable tanned leather is unparalleled and the patina that it develops with use over time cannot be produced any other way. It is also the only way to produce premium leather of desired quality while at the same time respecting our environment.
Leather is a natural material. With correct care and maintenance premium vegetable tanned leather will age gracefully, developing a beautiful patina with use over time."
Thanks for your interest in Bow & Stern!
If you would like to help make this product and company come to life, please find the big green button at the top of page that says "BACK THIS PROJECT".
If you have made a pledge (we love you! and thanks for helping bring Bow & Stern to life!), and would like to know what happens next, there's a timeline further down the page that gives an outline of what's to come.
After the completion of the project (if successful) we'll be in contact to organise your product selections and get your product sent to you asap!
Risks and challenges
- Design Challenges:
Getting the design specs and colours of each element just right. The colours of the anchor details, the faces, the cases, the various index and band colours all presented their own design challenges.
Size ratios have also presented design challenges. Each element needs to tie in perfectly with the other.
- Sourcing materials of the required quality.
Quality materials aren't easy to find, we've searched for months and sampled with many suppliers to get the best. They've got to last your journey, so they're important.
- Finding the right manufacturers for each element of the product:
Again, Quality isn't easy to find. We've spent months and had samples produced with many manufacturers.
- Adjustable Band Design:
Initially we went with a clip, which would have made changing easier, but we thought it sacrificed the sleek design, so we opted for a tool change option, which keeps the aesthetic sleek and minimal.
- Web development:
Using various platforms to create the most user friendly version possible. We've built two complete sites on two different platforms. We felt the second platform was superior, meaning the time and money spent on the first was lost, but we've ended up with a more user friendly system.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)