Thank you for checking out our Kickstarter project!
*Click the big image above to WATCH OUR VIDEO*
As travelers, designers, and self-historians ourselves, we have set out to make the perfect journal for us, for you, for all. A journal which transcends the ordinary off-the-shelf offerings of your typical diary or notebook. No matter what you’re into, you’ll be able to pick from our expertly crafted library of content to create to your own physical notebook to match - because only you can create your perfect journal.Bound for Anything.
- Approx. 4"x6"
- Approx. 120 pages
- Semi-hard bound
- Linen or leather cover
- User-selected content
- Approx. 3.5"x5.5"
- Approx. 44 pages
- Card-stock cover
- User-selected content
Product specs may subject to some further refinement.
What is this Kickstarter business?
We're using Kickstarter as a platform for our pre-sale. If you pledge at the various levels on the right column, you'll receive the reward at that level. At $5, you'll be helping us pick the maps that we'll include in our first round of content. At $40, you've just bought your first Bound Custom Journal. Higher levels offer more journals and other rewards. But there's a catch. Kickstarter is an all or nothing platform. If we don't hit our goal by the end of our timeframe, we get nothing. So help us get the word out to be sure we can get these journals into your hands.
How will Bound work?
1. Soon enough, you'll be able to navigate your favorite browser over to boundforanything.com (assuming your favorite browser was released some time in the last five years)
2. Using our simple interface, select & organize your journal from our ever-expanding collection of content. Add, subtract, or rearrange the content until you’ve crafted the perfect journal for your needs.
3. Place your order and within days your physical, completely one-off, American-made journal arrives at your door.
Why do we need money?
There are three critical components to getting the ball rolling:
1. Sophisticated Website - hosting, typekit, payment processing
2. Content Creation - maps, typefaces, other licensed content
3. Product Manufacturing - process setup with printer/binder
We need your backing to help us develop the website, content, and finished product we envision & you deserve.
What can I get in my Bound custom journal?
Our target fundraising amount will allow us to provide the following content options from day one. The more backing we receive, the more we can offer!
- Five City Maps: Durham, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, KS Backer Popular Vote Winner (for more details about how the voting works, check out the FAQ at the bottom of the page)
- Monthly calendar
- Weekly calendar
- Dot grid
- To-Do list
- Music staff
- Web browser template
- Address Book
- Clothing Template
Again, the more funding we receive, the more content we will be able to offer. We hope to expand our library of content very quickly. We have lots of ideas and are always open to hear what you think we should include.
How are the journals made?
Every Bound journal is made to order in Durham, NC using a high-tech digital printing & stitch binding production process. The materials will be post-consumer recycled and toxin free to every possible extent.
When will I get my Bound journal?
As a Kickstarter backer, you will be able to make your own journal at boundforanything.com well before we open up for public business. Your pledge will get you a unique code that you can redeem on our website to have the full Bound experience, from selecting your content to completing your order. We currently estimate that we will be ready for our backers to make journals within a couple months after our Kickerstarter campaign ends, but want to make it happen as quickly as possible.
- (50 days)