- July 8-16: Cambridge, MA: YMCA Theatre Buy tickets on-line or call (800) 838-3006
- July 22 & 23: Portland, ME: Lucid Stage Website
The legends of burlesque are still amongst us in spirit. The Boston Babydolls Burlesque are re-creating a magical evening that never was, as classic burlesque performances are re-imagined and created fresh for modern audiences. See burlesque from high art (a Sally Rand inspired bubble dance en pointe) to low comedy, with all of the glamour, glitz, and sizzle of a night at Minsky's (without the raid). With new set pieces, costumes, and takes on original tunes, this steamy evening will have your pulse-pounding.
The Boston Babydolls, known for their high production values, re-imagine classic burlesque and update it for a modern world. Taking our cues from the gorgeous Victorian-era theatre we call home, we're reaching for the stars... and bringing those stars to you.
Our crazy ideas include:
1) Re-creating the famous "Oyster Girl" acts of New Orleans on stage. The cost of our giant oyster? Over $500.
2) We can't rebuild the burlesque palaces of old, but we can show you them with tons of lighting effects and video projections. Costs? Over $1,000.
3) Costumes, costumes, costumes... In burlesque, what you put on is just as important as what you take off – and we're all about taking it off. With more than a dozen acts, out costume budget tops $3,000. Rhinestones are expensive...and we use a lot of them!
4) Can't dance without music! We are using a combination of live and pre-recorded music throughout the performance. Cost? Over $1,000
And that's just the tip of the iceberg, the list goes on and on...
We need your help to offset the biggest budget show The Boston Babydolls have ever done.
Your money will go towards all aspects of the production. From paychecks for the actors, designers, and musicians, to the construction of sets, costumes, and props, to the marketing and outreach of the show, your donations will help bring this dream to life.
Support this project
- (58 days)