Week 27 update
Yet another week, yet another update. Last week, Paul worked mainly on the Linux kernel driver for the Cedrus VPU, with the goal of sending very soon a new version... Read more
Week 26 update
Yet another week, and some great progress made by Paul: Kodi is finally playing videos decoded by the VPU! This works on the H3, and we have good hope to... Read more
Week 25 update
Yet another week, and its corresponding update on the Allwinner VPU development. And this week was actually very productive. Maxime got he H264 decoding to work, limited to baseline profile... Read more
Week 24 update
Here is our usual update at the end of each week!
We've made great progress on the H264, and Paul continued his work on the video player integration, this time... Read more
Week 23 update
Another week, another update. This week, Paul worked on testing the H3 and Kodi, while I made some good progress for the H264 decoding.
You can have more details... Read more
Week 22 update
Another week, another update on the Allwinner VPU work done by Paul and Maxime. Paul made progress on an OpenGL shader to untile the frames decoded by the VPU, and... Read more
Week 19 and week 20 update
We forgot to post an updated on Kickstarter for week 19, but our traditional blog post was there: https://bootlin.com/blog/allwinner-vpu-support-in-mainline-linux-status-update-week-19/. And we also have a blog post for week 20 progress:... Read more
Week 18 update
This week, most of the work has been done on improving the current state of the driver. We tested the code using more SoCs, and with more video samples, with... Read more
Week 17 update
This week, a lot of discussion took place on the kernel mailing list about our patch series adding a driver with MPEG2 support for the Allwinner VPU. Paul worked to... Read more
Week 16 update
This week, a new version of the Linux kernel driver to support the Allwinner VPU (with only MPEG2 support) was submitted upstream. It is based on the latest version of... Read more
Week 14 update
This week, Paul continued to work on debugging issues related to gstreamer, while I was busy starting to build an H264 test case in order to start supporting it.
Get... Read more
Week 13 update
This week, Paul worked on making the GStreamer kmssink plugin compatible with the Allwinner DRM driver, as a first step to allow the use of GStreamer to play videos decoded... Read more
Week 12 update
This week, Paul continued to work on the Allwinner VPU support, focusing on the display aspect by improving the Allwinner DRM driver to be able to directly render frames decoded... Read more
New week, new update
We're reaching the end of the campaign, and we're getting very close from reaching the H265 support stretch goal!
Paul also worked this week on the campaign, and especially... Read more
First week of work!
While the campaign is still active for a few days, Paul started last week his internship with us, and he just shared a summary of what he's achieved... Read more
Update #1: 6 days in, and first stretch goal reached
Hi everyone, thanks you so much for your support.
This is really exciting for us to see that this driver development was really needed, and our only regret now is... Read more