(STRETCH GOALS ADDED!)
Legends of Callasia is a fantasy-themed world conquest strategy game on Steam (soon on iOS and Android) inspired by Civilization, Heroes of Might & Magic, and Risk. The game has a classic tabletop feel and a cross-platform simultaneous multiplayer system where players plan and resolve their turns all at the same time.
We’ve been asking our users how they want to see the game grow and expand, and the most asked for features are new Factions, Heroes, Cards, and Maps - and that’s exactly what we’re going to build. A complete expansion pack centered around a new playable Faction: the Dwarves, also known as the Stoneborne.
As the Great Callasian War rages above, and more and more factions are drawn into the conflict, the Stoneborne have decided the time is ripe to retreat to their ancestral homelands deeper in the earth in the great hollow cavern kingdoms of Margad-Dun. What horrors and adventures shall they find in these dark, ancient lands? Only the bold can ever know.
We’re basing the new content on precisely what the players have been asking for in our livestreams, forums, and Discord channel.
For more details on the gameplay, check out the main game on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com//app/438920
Once, long ago, the the land above was the realm of the Faeborne; below, that of the Stoneborne. The twin elder races of the lands of Callasia shared an uneasy truce for eons, until the coming of the Hundred Kingdoms and the Orc tribes. The new races upset this delicate balance, with the Dwarf-Orc wars driving the Stoneborne above ground. There they forged strong mountain kingdoms in the sun, and were named Dwarves by the surface people.
As the Great Callasian War flared across the lands of Callasia, the Stoneborne tried to build a Dwarven Empire in the lands of Pellia. They were beaten back by an alliance of Faeborne, Orcs, and Humans. Realizing that a surface empire was not to be, they turned their eyes downward, to their homeland. There, in the Great Hollows that lay deep beneath the earth, they would again craft an Empire. But, things had changed in the Hollowlands. Orcs and Revenant had dug deep, and formed their own new Kingdoms. Worse yet, new creatures, horrors from the deep, had bred and multiplied. If the Stoneborne were to reclaim their lands, they would need to fight for them.
Like the other factions, Stoneborne heroes and units possess Traits that can aid them in battle. They can also use Bonus Cards depending on their Hero Class
...and many more!
You can now play as the Stoneborne heroes from the main game!
Grundar: A true dwarf’s dwarf. Big. Hairy. Carries an axe. Knows his way around a bag of gold. Not a dwarf to be messed with.
Melson: Strong. Bold. Dangerous. Moderately insane. Nobody wears a hat like that for a hundred years without a few issues.
Karol: It’s a gun! It’s an axe! It’s both, and Karol knows how to use it.
Leary: He’s big. He’s weird. He’s violent. He grew from spores. Fear the mouthless warrior from the deep!
We’re also introducing new playable characters from the Stoneborne faction!
Each hero can lead armies composed of the powerful Stoneborne units!
More character artwork will be shared during the Kickstarter campaign.
Follow the journey of the Stoneborne in 10 new Campaign levels, which unlock maps for Skirmish and Multiplayer modes.
In their journey into the Great Hollow, the Stoneborne will encounter and fight an entirely new faction: the Cavespawn.
We are small team working on a relatively huge game, and this is what we have to work on to make the expansion pack complete:
- Digitally painted character portraits and maps
- Visual effects and animations
- Story-writing and game design for campaigns
- Balance testing for campaigns, maps, heroes, units, and cards
- User interface updates
What happens if you support our project? You can get a discounted copy of the DLC (retail price $8USD) and the main game (retail price $25USD), and be immortalized in the game!
FOOTMAN ($5): Get a copy of the Stoneborne DLC!
TUNNELER ($25): Name a Territory and Get the DLC + Full Version of Original Game
GUNNER ($40): Name a Kingdom and Get the DLC + Full Version of Original Game
ARTILLERY ($50): Name a Map and Get the DLC + Full Version of Original Game
HERO ($100): Name a Stoneborne Hero and Get the DLC + Full Version of Original Game
LEGEND ($250): Design a Map and Get the DLC + Full Version of Original Game
UBER DWARF ($500): Design a Stoneborne Hero and Get the DLC + Full Version of Original Game
UBER SPAWN ($500): Design a Cavespawn Hero and Get the DLC + Full Version of Original Game
If we reach $3,500, we will add five (5) Tournament maps, designed for solid Multiplayer play!
If we reach $4000, we will make the Cavespawn race fully playable in skirmish and multiplayer modes. Players of the full main game will get 4 Cavespawn heroes. To play all 8, you will need to buy the Stoneborne DLC.
If we reach $4500, we will adjust all of the maps in the game to have starting points for 2 to 8 players, so that the larger maps are preset for good games with fewer players. This will adjust the starting locations and the quick start values, so that playing on a big map with fewer players is more balanced and fun.
If we reach $5000, we will add 5 more maps designed for up to 12 players. This will also add in more color choices for multiplayer games.
Here's what people are saying about Legends of Callasia:
- "If you thought RISK could use dragons, magic and a ass kicking bear you can have it!" -Caiminds
- "making a brave attempt at bridging the genre for both platforms" -Kickstart Ventures
- "I really appreciate the marriage between fast board game style matches and some of the elements from the more extensive and deeper strategy titles. The snappy simultaneous turn-based gameplay kept the pace moving along nicely and even made for some nail biting moments when trying to guess what the enemy players were going to do." - Death By Beta
- "Legends offers a refreshing take on often overlooked turn-based strategy games, merging gameplay mechanics of popular board games (Risk) and card games (Magic: The Gathering)" -Entertainment Buddha
- "The first thing that grabbed our attention about [Legends of Callasia] is the beautiful visual style. The artwork for the heroes and units look superb" -GAMERamble
- "It’s simply about fun and strategy, which is what a good game should be about." -Vulcan Post
- "This game looks slick and is really looking to cater for the people like myself who want depth in their gameplay but maybe don't have as much time as I used to to play these type of games as regular as I used to." -Games Freezer
- "With a large map to conquer and interesting gameplay mechanics, [Legends of Callasia] looks like it could be a really fun game." -Gamers Sphere
- "Legends of Callasia stands to score on a relatively untapped middle ground in the strategy gaming sphere" -GameAxis
- "Legends of Callasia is on the right path to success ... the artwork is mesmerizing and colorful" -Softpedia
- "Legends of Callasia hits all the right marks and is shaping up to be something really rather special indeed." -Alpha Beta Gamer
- "The art of the game is simple yet vibrant and resembles the maps of board games. A definite old school theme emanates from the aesthetics. The maps, cards, and portraits of heroes are all well drawn and definitely accentuate the quality of the game. The music has a medieval high-fantasy feel to it, and the sound effects of attacks and such are well done." -Haogamers
- "a game you shouldn’t pass on ... Legends of Callasia is a great strategy game for the time-pressed gamer" -GameAxis
- "Engaging visual art style with enough class diversity... Plenty of strategy and planning for tactical gameplay lovers" -iPad Board Games
- "Legends of Callasia is a fantastically well put together turn-based strategy game...Boomzap Entertainment has done an amazing job at making Legends of Callasia an extremely fun experience. " -G3AR
- "Beautiful, colorful graphics. High game speed. Well balanced strategy." (translated from Swedish) -Ctrl Alt Elite
- "Legends of Callasia offers a superb experience through its extensive campaigns through different factions and entertaining multiplayer skirmishes that can keep you glued to it." -Back2Gaming
- "Legends of Callasia is a good offering for someone looking for a light, quick gaming session against friends." -MicBeMac
- "Obviously, Legends of Callasia is the bomb. Everything is good in it, nothing to throw or even criticize, this is what I expect of a good independent game." (translated from French) -Graal.fr
Boomzap Entertainment is a virtual game development studio in Southeast Asia. Founded in 2005, Boomzap has developed and released over 40 titles on various platforms such as PC, Mac, Wii, iPad, iPhone and Android.
More details about our studio and the game in the links below!
- Boomzap Website: http://www.boomzap.com/
- Legends of Callasia on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com//app/438920
- Website: http://legends.boomzap.com/about
- Official Trailer: https://youtu.be/FdOkNWGajNI
- Press Kit/Screenshots: http://legends.boomzap.com/press
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/boomzaplegends
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/boomzapcallasia
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boomzapgames
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/legendsofcallasia
- Discord: https://discord.me/legendsofcallasia
- Steam Community Hub: http://steamcommunity.com/app/438920
- Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/legendsofcallasia
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofcallasia/
Risks and challenges
We believe that this is a very low-risk project.
- We've already shipped the game, so we are pretty well convinced we can do this.
- We've already started development, and have built all of these kinds of assets before, so we have a pretty good idea of the cost/schedule for making such things.
- We're already released on Steam, so we have distribution sorted.
- (30 days)