Legends of Callasia is a simultaneous turn-based single and multiplayer fantasy world conquest strategy game mixed with board game-style maps and no hotseat waiting, playable on PC, Mac, iPad, and Android tablets.
The goal is to make a game that has the feel of a large, epic strategy game like Civilization, Crusader Kings 2, or Heroes of Might and Magic, but with the shorter playtime and simple controls of a game like Risk, Lux, or FTL. A game that is easy to learn, fast to play, but which offers enough choice to make it interesting to play over and over again. Every game session is a new experience!
DEMO AVAILABLE HERE:
FOR PC: http://legends.boomzap.com/pc_multiplayer_beta.zip
FOR iPAD: http://bit.ly/20072DR
(Note for iOS 9 users: Please add Boomzap as a trusted developer by going to Settings > General > Profiles and tapping on “Trust Boomzap Pte Ltd”.)
- Classic fantasy world conquest strategy game with simple, intuitive controls
- Endless strategies through wide range of heroes, units, maps, and more
- Single player campaigns: follow the war of the factions across the lands
- Turn-based multiplayer game with simultaneous plan and resolution cycle: ranked and casual play, friend finder, rankings, leaderboards, and no hotseat waiting
- Pay once and play: no free to play, no ads, no pay to win
Legends of Callasia is a classic strategy game designed for strategy gamers who want all of the thrill of exploring, building, and conquering - but who want a game that can be finished in an hour or two. The game can be played in Skirmish mode, which allows one-off single player combats; Campaign, which allows the player to fight through a series of more immersive, scripted combats; or Multiplayer, with up to 6 players in a single map.
Select a Map
All games begin by selecting a map. The maps vary in size, and offer different configurations of land, resources, and tactical objectives.
For each game, you must choose your Faction. Choosing a Faction determines which Heroes and Troops you will have access to, and which Bonus Cards you will receive. This is one of the most critical decisions of the game.
Factions include: The Faeborne - wild creatures of the forests and mountains, the Revenant - undead creatures summoned to the earth to kill and destroy, and the Hundred Kingdoms - warring humans and their allies.
Select four Heroes that will be available to you in this game - but choose well! Each hero has a Profession, which determines which Bonus Cards you will draw each turn. Additionally, they have Special Abilities, which change the how the armies under their control will fight.
Build armies of various kinds of Troops to conquer the lands. Each Faction has access to 6 different Troop types. Basic Troops are available at the beginning of the game, while Advanced and Elite Troops require building structures that support them.
Organize your Heroes and Troops into Armies which you can move around the map to fight other Heroes, conquer Lands and build Kingdoms.
Occupy Lands and Kingdoms to earn Victory Points and Gold.
Use Gold from your Lands and Kingdoms to hire more Troops and Heroes.
You can also use Gold to improve your Cities and Lands. City Improvements allow access to better Troops, create defensive barriers against attacks, produce more Gold, and increase the limit on how many Troops you can support.
Plan your attacks simultaneously with the other players every turn. When all of your plans are complete, end your turn to resolve all of the actions and battles. The simultaneous Plan/Resolve cycle is a completely new way of looking at strategy games that allows for fast, intense multiplayer games that do not have the tedious “hot seat” waiting of most turn-based strategy games, or the “stressful clickfest” of RTS-style games. Additionally, planning your moves without knowing what your enemy is planning adds a completely new and fascinating level of strategy to the game.
Use Bonus Cards to support your attacks and actions. Each Faction and each Hero Profession allows access to different cards that can help you attack, defend, build, and more! Sometimes playing the right card at the right time can be the difference between a crushing defeat and an epic victory!
Different games have different victory conditions. In Skirmish and Multiplayer, you can set the victory conditions to be by Victory Point or Total Conquest. In Victory Point mode, you win by reaching a set number of Victory Points, or by having the highest Victory Points at the end of a set number of turns. In Total Conquest, you must utterly defeat all other players in the game.
Currently, the Legends of Callasia BETA is playable on Windows PC and iPad. We're dedicated to shipping the game regardless of Kickstarter funding. However, successful funding allows us to finish faster, better, and with more input from the fans. What will we use the money for? Specifically:
- MUCH more Testing / Balancing
- Visual FX and Animation improvements
- Sound, VO, and Music
- Building a full single player Campaign Mode
- A solid Android version available on release
- Building a multiplayer community
- All sorts of other great final polish
- "If you thought RISK could use dragons, magic and a ass kicking bear you can have it!" -Caiminds
- "making a brave attempt at bridging the genre for both platforms" -Kickstart Ventures
- "I really appreciate the marriage between fast board game style matches and some of the elements from the more extensive and deeper strategy titles. The snappy simultaneous turn-based gameplay kept the pace moving along nicely and even made for some nail biting moments when trying to guess what the enemy players were going to do." - Death By Beta
- "Legends offers a refreshing take on often overlooked turn-based strategy games, merging gameplay mechanics of popular board games (Risk) and card games (Magic: The Gathering)" -Entertainment Buddha
- "The first thing that grabbed our attention about [Legends of Callasia] is the beautiful visual style. The artwork for the heroes and units look superb" -GAMERamble
- "It’s simply about fun and strategy, which is what a good game should be about." -Vulcan Post
- "This game looks slick and is really looking to cater for the people like myself who want depth in their gameplay but maybe don't have as much time as I used to to play these type of games as regular as I used to." -Games Freezer
- "With a large map to conquer and interesting gameplay mechanics, [Legends of Callasia] looks like it could be a really fun game." -Gamers Sphere
- "Legends of Callasia stands to score on a relatively untapped middle ground in the strategy gaming sphere" -GameAxis
- "Legends of Callasia is on the right path to success ... the artwork is mesmerizing and colorful" -Softpedia
- "Legends of Callasia hits all the right marks and is shaping up to be something really rather special indeed." -Alpha Beta Gamer
- "The art of the game is simple yet vibrant and resembles the maps of board games. A definite old school theme emanates from the aesthetics. The maps, cards, and portraits of heroes are all well drawn and definitely accentuate the quality of the game. The music has a medieval high-fantasy feel to it, and the sound effects of attacks and such are well done. The visuals and sounds are definitely polished and make the game feel so much better, even in the pre-beta stage." -Haogamers
- "a game you shouldn’t pass on ... Legends of Callasia is a great strategy game for the time-pressed gamer" -GameAxis
- "Engaging visual art style with enough class diversity... Plenty of strategy and planning for tactical gameplay lovers" -iPad Board Games
Risks and challenges
This is an ambitious design, both in its scope and originality. We now have a playable prototype that's already a great deal of fun, and have done enough work to be able to pretty accurately judge how much work is left, and what that work will look like.
The biggest risks remaining are:
- Balancing all of the data and tuning the gameplay
- Ensuring that the game runs smoothly on all platforms
- Making sure the multiplayer works correctly
- Protecting the gameplay from cheating and griefing
- Marketing and advertising the game to build a solid audience
These are big challenges, but they are the sorts of challenges we have faced before on other titles. We have a solid team, with experience in all of these areas, and are confident that with the time that funding can buy us, we can overcome all of these issues.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)