I am publishing 2 books and an optional Fantasy RPG resource bundle worth several times the price I have foolishly attached to it! ; ) As of this writing, I have several interviews ready to begin or complete. I am currently focusing on the following RPG creators listed below. I will provide a table of contents very soon, but I must gauge how things go, and not bite off more than I can chew or get presumptuous.
The current team I have been incredibly pleased with being graced with includes James M. Ward, Lenard Lakofka, Johnn Four, Rick Hershey, Lucus Palosaari, Kevin Watson, Bobby Nash and Egg Embry.
I am quite pleased to have several thousand words of quality content from interviews that I have conducted with some of these very high quality creators with great track records. Recently, I have also received some great tips from Egg Embry and Kevin Watson, as well as a complete article from Lucus Palosaari and some really cool step-by-step content from Lenard Lakofka. In short, I am truly and genuinely excited about this project! Directories will be added with any participating freelancers as well.
We will be providing a source that is primarily geared for beginner self-publishers. This resource is being designed to provide a small, future adventure design or game company the tools they need to create their first fantasy roleplaying game adventure. BUT, it can most definitely be for ANYONE wishing to improved their craft of adventure building for fun or potential commercial publishing.
This product includes options that currently include digital PDF books, with the possibility of providing printed softcover and hardcover versions.
Overnight success is NOT at all guaranteed in this field, and almost always takes time and patience, networking, making the right decisions and sticking to a strict or tight starting budget. That said, I believe that this resource will provide a solid source for you to get started and get published, along with gaining all of the proven resources that you will need in order to give you a very solid chance. At the very least, I am quite sure you will get several useful tips on adventure creation!
Below is a work in progress table of contents that will grow almost daily. Currently, these topics will include, but will not be limited to:
• Step-by-Step from A-Z Adventure and Self-Pub Template
• Creating Better - CHARACTERS
• Creating Better - MONSTERS
• Creating Better - ENCOUNTERS
• Creating Better - MAGIC ITEMS
• Creating Better - RIDDLES & PUZZLES
• Creating Better - ADVENTURES
• Different Ways To Publish
• A Special Section on KICKSTARTER Crowdfunding
• A Very Special Section on Dealing With TROLLS, and much, MUCH more.
This is a 2-book project with an optional, 65-piece Fantasy RPG stock MEGABUNDLE for only an additional $25.
The 2 core books are: (drumroll, please...)
• CREATE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE - A 256-page book that is geared for readers toward creating better adventures and the slightly intimidating avenue of self-publishing. These great creators will be revealing WAYS to do these things. There is no 100% perfect “way.” If there was such a thing, the author would be a millionaire and probably be the target of a rogue-assassin character! ; ) This book will grow every day of the week. Both of these books are designed for you to write in, almost like a workbook of sorts, but this is NOT a kid’s activity book, I assure you. Below are the 18 REWARD TIERS for you to look over. At the very least, the $1 donation will keep you in the loop to the very end, not to mention the amazing NO ONE LIKES A TROLL full page graphic! Design for this one has not started, and no cover has been selected YET. Here we go...
• FILGAR CROOKE’S - TRAPS-1 - A 128-page 30 TRAPS book stat’d for D&D 5e and PATHFINDER. I created most of this already, before actively selling commercially. I have a great chap that can convert this to 5e, as it is currently in Pathfinder format. 10+ illustrations by Dean Spencer and 30 EDITABLE TRAPS you can tailor to your liking, AND use them in your own personal and/or COMMERCIAL ADVENTURES. There will be a few tips and several pages of grids and graphs and forms to help you envision your own wicked traps. Have fun slaying your players, er, I mean.... Have a nice day! ; )
• RPG RESOURCE BUNDLE - The bundle below is a mass collection of design and publishing assets. It is 98% done. I WILL BE ADDING 2, 12” x 18” Poster Maps (I am working on for another project) These 2 will be a 3-level TAVERN POSTER MAP and a 3-level CASTLE MAP! Also, 1 design template will be added and the “DIGITAL MAP PACK show will be changed to a commercial project for your needs. Editable PSDs, of course included with commercial licenses. Here is the 65-piece bundle for only $25! On DTRPG, one of these sets alone is listed as $30....! By Odin’s Beard!
This stock art and resource bundle can be added to any other reward for $25 extra if there is not awn ideal reward to select from here. You must have some basic understanding of Photoshop and Indesign in order to rearrange and change these editable files for your own needs. Sadly, this is not a class for those software options, but if needed, I could point you out some tutorials online that Adobe would be proud of.
ONE BOOK SHELF Print On Demand will be handling all of the printing and shipping and handling. I will explain more if needed, but you should first join DTRPG here. It only takes a moment.
Anything that you may have a question with, please ask and I will get back to you almost always immediately, unless I am in my dungeon sleeping, then that might take up to 12 hours, but usually 8 Max. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to creating THE BEST PRODUCT we can possibly create, together!.
Matthew A. Bogdan
Risks and challenges
There are no real obstacles as I am more-or-less working on this specific campaign as a project manager and guy that ties everything together. Yes, I will put in my input and connect the dots, but I truly want to get as much as possible from these great creators when I HAVE THE CHANCE! It is a small miracle that I have been blessed with to be partnered with these amazing fantasy RPG creators!
This campaign has been elegantly crafted and strategically planned for, which is exciting for many reasons...primarily because I PLAN ON USING THESE BOOKS MYSELF - they will truly be very good! These are NOT kids activity books - they are meant for professionals looking to make a name for themselves in the RPG industry. However, some kids are geniuses! For those genius kids why not see if this would make a great Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanza gift?
Here's what I'm doing to make sure this project is 100% successful, from an operations standpoint. I am emailing interview questions and transcribing valuable answers from professionals that have been in the field for a collective 100 years or so. I'm taking their responses, with their permission, and combining their shared knowledge into a custom package, JUST FOR YOU...and JUST FOR KICKSTARTER! I am working on this and other commitments full-time, and that makes life enjoyable!
As wonderful as it would be to have a family, and someday I hope that I am blessed enough to have one, I currently have no wife or kids. That means that I have a limited amount of commitments and I can maximize my time on this project, and the others that are currently in the works! A win-win for you and for me!
:-) Thank you for your support! At the very least, please enjoy your NO ONE LIKES A TROLL graphic for a mere $1!
Your partner in monster hunting...
Matthew A. BogdanLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)