BoardSeat - Who's On Your Board?
BoardSeat - Who's On Your Board?
Because you don’t have all the answers. And everyone, at any stage of their careers, can benefit from a sounding board.
Because you don’t have all the answers. And everyone, at any stage of their careers, can benefit from a sounding board. Read more
The concept of a Personal Advisory Board isn’t new. What is new is how BoardSeat has demystified the process of assembling and running a Board of your peers.
The advice you receive is actionable because it comes from real life experiences of the relevant people who surround you. The advice you give enables your colleagues to avoid painful mistakes, and score those corporate touchdowns that supercharge your business.
All that results in more satisfying careers and healthier incomes. Any objections?
It’s not just our mothers that believe we can do it. Here are some milestones achieved leading up to our launch:
- A beta version is already complete. We are not starting from scratch. In fact, our platform is being used right now for some basic relationship building activities. We are raising additional funds to add a lot more functionality and to enable it to scale, big time.
- Not our first kick at the can. Greg has started many companies in his lifetime, employing hundreds of people around the world. He is a finance and operations guru. Peter has run a successful international search practice for the past 12 years and has mastered the art of relationship building.
- Reading & Research. Peter and Greg have read and researched hundreds of articles and webpages regarding social networking, professional networking, the trend of networking niches, meeting dynamics, graph theory, gamification and much more. Greg has devoured over 40 books on these topics. We interviewed hundreds of business professionals from 6 countries to find out their networking pain points.
- Seriously Invested. Several years and lots of money invested. We would have never gone this far if we didn’t genuinely believe we’ve solved a monster problem.
Working as a recruiter, Peter has a unique perspective into the challenges that business professionals deal with every day. Every individual and corporation has problems to solve. Despite an abundance of digital connections, he learned that most of the people he worked with have surprisingly few trusted colleagues. The process of meeting relevant parties can be time-consuming, boring and often uncomfortable.
In 2011, Greg left his business in Afghanistan supplying the US military with construction materials and equipment and began researching the various directions the internet would grow over the next 10 years, in order to lay the foundation for a new venture.
Peter and Greg have been friends for over 30 years and when the two met for lunch that year the ideas started to fly. Within 6 months they had built their first prototype. Like many first attempts, it had issues that needed to be addressed, but the basic idea was there. After a return trip to the drawing board, they came back with a bigger, bolder idea that came to life in 2013. And the product continues to evolve.
Risks and challenges
1) What if we can’t raise the money on Kickstarter?
First, every backer will get a 100% refund. It is all or nothing on Kickstarter. Second, Peter & Greg will continue to put their own money into the project and will likely seek traditional fundraising avenues (equity fundraising).
2) Time to Complete
As with any software or web-based development, it is hard to accurately predict a delivery time because extra features are often added, surprise bugs add to delays, we may change a branding or UI strategy or a myriad of other factors. We promise to keep everyone well informed of our progress and our timelines. But it is not a matter of will it be completed, only when it will be battle-tested ready.
3) Development Issues
This category can include slow or poor programming, security & hacking concerns, sub-optimal UI and UX. These are typical to any software or web development project and are address via QA (Quality Assurance) testing and user testing. 2 separate teams test our platform at all major milestones.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)