Highlander: The Duel is a head-to-head battle game for two players. Connor MacLeod pits his fighting prowess against the massive Kurgan in a battle to the death. The victor claims the Quickening on his way to the Final Battle. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
You do not need to be a fan of the Highlander franchise to understand and enjoy this game, but if you are a fan then you will delight in the authenticity of the artwork and sculpting, completely approved by Studio Canal.
The game is being published by B&B Games Studio, the publisher of The Refuge, Betabotz and Destiny Aurora.
With 3 highly-detailed miniatures, the game is sure to bring the Highlander experience to life.
Each game comes complete with 3 miniatures to illustrate the life or death battle between Connor MacLeod of the clan MacLeod and the Kurgan.
- Deal 2 Combat Cards randomly to each player to form their starting hand.
- Starting with the Offensive Player, players take turns taking a face up combat card into hand and replacing it with a new card from the top of the deck OR taking a random card off the top of the Combat Deck.
- Once both players have 5 cards in hand, begin the first Round of Combat.
- Players play a number of Rounds of Combat until one player is reduced to zero life.
- Each Round consists of a number of Clashes with players playing one card each and resolving the clash.
- A Round ends when players have only two cards in their hand.
- Players simultaneously choose one Combat Card from their hand and place it face down in the middle of the play area on top of their previously played card with the bottom portion of the previously played card revealed. The chosen Combat Card MUST include at least one Attack Position indicated on their previously played combat cards follow up bar.
- If a player has no legal play they may play any combat card and received 1 Damage. At the start of a new Round of Combat players may play any combat card.
- Players then reveal the chosen cards and align them with the top of the cards touching.
- Then refer to the attack positions on the aligned cards to resolve the clash as follows: o Block: If at least one attack position is aligned with an attack position on the opposing card: No damage is taken.
Strike: If no attack positions are aligned with attack positions on the opposing card: The Defending Player takes 1 Damage per attack position on the offensive player’s card.
Perfect Block: If all attack positions on both cards are aligned with each other: The Offensive Player takes 1 Damage.
- If players only have one card in their hand at the end of a Clash, End the Round of Combat by performing the following: The Defending Player becomes the Offensive Player by taking the Offensive Marker.
- Take all played cards and place them all face up in the combat discard pile.
- Starting with the Offensive Player, players take either a face up combat card into hand and replacing it with a new card from the top of the deck OR taking a random card off the top of the Combat Deck.
- If the Combat Deck is empty, shuffle the Combat Discard pile and form a new Combat Deck.
- Once both players have 5 cards in hand, begin a new Round of Combat.
- Card abilities are no longer in effect thus nothing from the previous round carries over to the new round. This includes follow up bar requirements and abilities that trigger on the next card played.
- If a Character has received total damage equal to or greater than their character cards abilities, they have permanently unlocked that new ability and apply its effects on future clashes when appropriate.
- Once all above steps have been resolved proceed to the next clash. End Game
- Once a player has received 12 or more Damage, the game is over and the surviving player wins. o If both players received 12 or more Damage during the same clash, the player who received the least total damage wins.
- If it is still a tie, the Defending Player wins.
The Undead Viking Review is here!
Risks and challenges
B&B Games has now had several successfully funded projects.
We believe in quality above all else and have chosen to use a well-established production organization with a deep experience in game production. We are an organization that have a proven record working with independent game developers.
When funding ends, production will quickly begin and we will provide timely updates through each stage of Highlander: The Duel.
Keep in mind that our delivery date is only an estimate. Also, due to the logistics of international shipping, backers in different regions of the world may receive their rewards sooner than others.
Some things may be impossible for us to control In terms of timing when it comes to anything produced in China, such as:
But we will do our best to make sure that supporters receive their items on time.
- (37 days)