Fancy a motor shield, Bluetooth shield, Wi-Fi shield, sensor shield and a wireless programming shield consolidated into one single board? That’s what BluBug is all about!
A time, energy and money saving device for all your IoT projects. Now monitor sensor data and control motors from a remote location over the internet. No more hassle of plugging the Arduino to your PC - upload a code from the Arduino IDE wirelessly over Bluetooth. BluBug comes with an Android app for controlling robots via a virtual joystick, switching relays to make your home automation dream a reality, observing live sensor behavior from a distant place and a lot more cool stuff. It also features a Bluetooth Terminal like Arduino’s Serial Monitor.
Buying a shield for every other purpose can have many drawbacks – the irritation of connecting and disconnecting the shields, soldering berg sticks on the shields, the time and effort that goes into doing these things and not to mention how heavy all this can be on our pockets! BluBug solves all these problems:
- An all-in-one motor shield, Bluetooth shield, Wi-Fi shield, sensor shield and a wireless programming shield compatible with Arduino UNO,stm32 nucleo, Mega and Renesas (GR-Peach).
- BluBug allows you to upload codes wirelessly from the Arduino IDE over Bluetooth. This is especially useful where the system is deployed in a far-off location and you can’t afford to have wires dangling around for uploading sketches, seeing data on serial monitor, debugging, etc.
- The BluBug app that comes along with the board lets you remotely monitor sensor data and control motors in real time.
- There is provision to connect DC, stepper and servo motors, analog sensors, AC devices, etc. making it a perfect choice for your IoT and robotics projects.
- IoT device with wireless programming over Bluetooth.
- Can connect upto four DC motors.
- Can connect upto two 4-wire stepper motors or four 2-wire stepper motors.
- Can connect upto six servo motors.
- Can connect upto six analog sensors.
- On board slot for connecting one ultrasonic sensor.
- On board Bluetooth.
- On board Wi-Fi module ESP8266 slot.
- On board motor drivers (L293D). On board 3.3V voltage regulator.
BluBug comes with an elegant and stylish Android app that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store by all its backers for free. The various features of the app can be used wirelessly over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. The app has 7 features:
Main Screen Dc Motor Control Servo Motor Control
Stepper Control Analog Sensor Joystick
Device Control Serial Terminal Connect & Save
Avail several libraries and example codes along with the device for applications like controlling DC, Servo, Stepper motors, switching AC devices, etc.
BluBug is the perfect match for all your IoT and robotic projects.
Now you can build your very own IoT based home automation system to turn on lights and fans in your house using your smart phone.
You can remotely monitor the soil conditions like moisture, humidity, temperature, etc. of an agricultural field over the internet.
Another cool IoT project that you can build is an automatic garage door opener – opening the garage door just by the click of a button, live monitoring of the garage door with intruder alert and notification, etc.
BluBug has motor driver ICs on it along with digital pins making it apt for building wireless robots or robotic arms that can be controlled using the app.
Risks and challenges
BluBug has already passed the development and testing phase – it is all set to be shipped to our backers.Cost effectiveness and timely delivery are our top priorities.
We strongly rely on the community for help - the funding will allow us to keep the price as low as possible and provide better service and support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)