Melting Man Films and Darkslide Pictures are teaming up to create a suburban Gothic inspired by German expressionism, the works of Jean Rollin, and the Original 'Vamp' herself Theda Bara!
BLOOD RITES OF THE VAMPYR is a feature length Horror/Experimental film from Director Sebastien Godin (DINOGORE (2019), SLIMOIDS (2018), LYCANIMATOR (2018)) and Producer Brendan Petersen (HAHAJAKAL (2019), PAPER WASPS (2017), DARKSLIDE (2016)). We are experienced indie filmmakers who have worked together in the past. We have a vision to create a unique Vampire film that utilizes various artistic techniques such as the use of monochrome and shadows to maximize the dramatic impact of the story.
The film is being shot in North Bay, Ontario, Canada in mid October 2019. We have chosen this time of year so that we can capture the spirit of Halloween and the atmosphere of the Fall season.
Our talented cast & crew includes:
- THE VAMPYR played by Vicki Bitis. She is an experienced actor who played one of the lead roles in Sebastien's previous feature film DINOGORE (2019). Prior to that she was a part of several short films. We are very excited to have her on board to play THE VAMPYR!
- THE PRIEST played by Anthony D P Mann. A Canadian actor and filmmaker. He is currently headlining the audio revival of Hilarious House of Frightenstein as 'The Count.' We are stoked to have someone with his experience among the cast of the film!
- THE VAMPIROLOGIST played by Luc Bernier. Another talented actor and filmmaker himself! And another veteran of the Horror genre who has many films of the genre under his belt!
- THE DETECTIVES played by Steve Kasan and John Keech. Very talented actors with experience acting in a large variety of films of different genres. Steve is a highly motivated individual that is sure to bring a high level of energy to the shoot! And John is eager to add his own dynamic to his character and showcase his talents on screen!
- The camera team consists of Cinematographer Brendan Petersen and Camera Operator Kiefer Friday. During their time at Confederation College they got a chance to shoot on 16mm and S16mm film. As well as the first Black Magic Pocket Camera prototype that was in Canada. They also got to play around with some very high-end camera equipment such as the Arri Alexa.
- BLOOD RITES OF THE VAMPYR will be shot on a 2.5k Black Magic Cinema Camera with EF lenses.
- The Official Soundtrack of the film is being composed by StatiXRElectriX!
Our entire team has a deep passion for storytelling and the Horror genre. We know that together we can bring something unique to the Vampire genre. Utilizing our knowledge of film history and the technical aspects of shooting a film, we are excited to work together to bring Sebastien's vision into reality!
With your help we can make sure our costumes are even better, and our out of town actors are even more comfortable during their stay in North Bay!
Please consider contributing to the campaign and help spread the word by sharing this campaign page!
Risks and challenges
Any artistic endeavor of this magnitude has many risks and challenges! To overcome these, we are considering all the variables we possibly can while planning the logistics of the film.
The main law in filmmaking is Murphy's law, and with your help we can do our best to overcome any possible issues we may run into while filming, either technical, or otherwise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)