About this project
Our Jellyfish Tank is a modern design built on functionality and form. With it's clean lines and sophisticated look, the JellyTank looks great in any environment. The tank's design focuses on the Jellyfish themselves with it's seamless shape giving them the overall flow they would expect in the ocean's tides.
JellyTank the ultimate jellyfish aquarium, one that solves all the problems that other tanks struggle with. A tank where jellyfish could thrive while keeping it affordable and low maintenance for owners.
- A proprietary aquarium and flow bar design based on form & function, and backed by science with the assistance of a nationally accredited aquarium and research laboratory.
- True laminar [pump driven] water flow similar-to what jellyfish would experience in their natural environment
- A powerful Integrated mechanical and biological filtration system ensures optimal water quality and is easily accessible for maintenance and cleaning
- A remote LED for easy lighting and mood changes
- Tank is made of premium high-grade aquarium acrylic
- Available in ultra-white or premium-black
JellyTank is currently working on developing an aquaculture facility to grow Jellyfish for our customers. We are speaking with industry experts and marine biologists from across the nation to develop the best protocols and standards of practice to ensure we deliver the healthiest sustainable source of jellyfish available in the world today.
Our proposed aquaculture program will be overseen, staffed and managed by leading jellyfish aquaculture specialists.
Jellyfish Fishy Facts
- Have you ever wondered how much water a jellyfish is made of causing their transparency? – While humans are made of seventy percent water, most jellyfish are ninety-five percent H2O.
- There are jellyfish species that are larger than humans, while others are as small as the head of a needle.
- Did you know a group of jellyfish is not only known as blooms but also by “swarms” or “smacks.”
- Not all jellyfish sting. For example, the Moon Jellyfish you order for your JellyTank do not sting. While, others can actually kill humans with their poison.
- Some jellyfish glow in the dark and would make great nightlights.
Growing up in Sarasota, FL, we were always at the beach swimming in the water which sometimes lead to getting stung by a Jellyfish. They didn't hurt for too long, but you quickly grew to dislike jellyfish and want to stay away from them if you ever came across them again.
So who would have thought years later, while at a restaurant in Miami Beach, we would sit next to a HUGE jellyfish tank and end up falling in love. Ever since that day, we've been fascinated with their tranquil movements and calming ways.
So a little over a year ago, we (Brock and Blake) ordered a desktop Jellyfish Tank for our office, a popular one we found online and spent over $400 to get it set up and going. After owning the tank for less than three weeks, the tank kept sucking the jellyfish through the grates and shredding them. It was very discouraging considering the tank was not only expensive, but we were killing jellyfish. So feeling defeated by these jellyfish tanks, we set out to design and develop a sustainable tank that would keep our jellyfish happy and healthy. A tank where jellyfish could thrive while keeping it low maintenance for owners. After a lot of research, trial & error, multiple designs, several prototypes and the assistance of jellyfish aquarium/aquaculture experts & professionals we are proud to present JellyTank.
Setting up the tank is very easy since the JellyTank already comes pre-assembled.
- Fill your tank with 5 Gallons of Saltwater (Salt is included in your Starter Kit)
- Add Bio Balls & Filter Pad
- Plug in the LED light & Pump
And boom... once this is complete you will then visit our website to claim your Jellyfish.
JellyTank Maintenance and Feeding
Jellyfish are easy to maintain and require two major components. Food and clean water!
- Feed your Jellyfish at least once per day. Twice per day if you would like to increase their size
- Change 20% of the water weekly (1 gallon) and pull out any jelly food or waste daily.
We will be adding video to this section over the next 24 to 48 hours to teach you how to maintain and keep your jellyfish thriving.
Risks and challenges
We’re in the final stages of getting our JellyTank into the hands of our future customers. But with developing any product, there comes some challenges such as Sourcing, Manufacturing, and fulfillment. We’ve sourced all our components of the tank, but we need to move forward with manufacturing the tank, tooling the spray bar and of course assembly.
Manufacturing Challenge: With any new product, there will be manufacturing delays since it will officially be the first run of the tank and components. Once the campaign has ended, we will move forward with manufacturing which will typically take 60 days to complete. Once the JellyTank components have arrived at our doors in Sarasota, FL, we will then need to assemble all the components and get them ready to ship.
Fulfillment Challenge: We’re excited for this challenge. There will be many days and nights in the office/warehouse packaging up the JellyTank and shipping them to our backers. We’re looking forward for this day and will be prepared.
We will be working very closely with our manufacturers who have years of experience delivering quality products in large quantities. There will no doubt be some obstacles along the way, but we have the experience to jump over any hurdles and provide our future customers and incredible product they can enjoy.
All pledges count, whether it’s our Jelly Supporters or Future JellyTank owners. Help us bring the JellyTank to market by clicking the “Back This Project” button at the top of the page, or by helping us spread the word by sharing this Kickstarter Campaign on your social media. We appreciate all the help we can get.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)