A bit more detail on Character Creation, the Character File and the GM Screen!
There are two Add-Ons currently available through this Kickstarter that we'd like to tell you a bit more about!
The first is the Character File. These nifty little 16 page softcover booklets let you keep track of your character's abilities, gear and progression. They also include a brief overview of most important factions in the Polaris setting, so your players will be ready to dive right into the adventure! Players also get a the Map of the Deep, plus some handy tables for combat actions AND a recap of character creation!
The booklet pages are printed in full color on woodfree paper. This type of paper lets you easily write and erase on the pages to easily fill in and modify all the information needed!
So what does character creation in Polaris RPG look like?
There are different ways to handle this, depending on the amount of time and detail you want to spend in creating you character. The basic steps are:
- 1. Determine your Base Abilites by using one of the templates or by spending Creation Points.
- 2. Choose which Genetic Type you want your character to be: Human or Hybrid, who are capable of moving freely in water (there are three types of Hybrids: Natural Hybrids, Geno-Hybrids, and Techno-Hybrids).
- 3. Pick some Special Abilities like mutations or Mastery of the Polaris Effect
- 4. Think about your character's past and the professions he might have had. This experience has a direct influence on his Skills, but also on his savings, the equipment he can get, and even on his professional Advantages and Disadvantages.
- 5. Add even more flavor to your character by choosing some Advantages or Disadvantages.
You're now ready to roam the oceans!
Another very handy Add-On available through this campaign will be the GM Screen! Every RPG gamer knows them, they are the perfect way to keep your GM's space safe, and come with lots of useful tables on the backside to use while gaming. The Polaris RPG GM Screen features the epic illustration of Equinox by Simon Labrousse. This sets the tone of the adventure right away!
It is hardcover quality in portrait format and folds in four. It comes with approx. 16 loose pages that contain more handy tables for use in game detailing combat actions, random tables, gear lists and more!
We hope you will like these two playing aids! And don't forget that there is also this shiny Dice Set available :)
The Polaris RPG Team