WE DID IT!
That's right! Earlier today, three days before our deadline, we reached our $16,000 goal on Kickstarter! And this is all thanks to you guys, and your incredibly generous pledges over the past few weeks.
We have seen a huge surge in awareness and support over the past 2 days, with over 200 new backers in the last 48 hours. The support and warmth we've been feeling from you all for the project has been overwhelming - hearing from so many people who, like us, believe that the world needs to see James and Jeremiah's story. We thank you for making it possible for us to tell their story.
You can still support Drag Dad
We still have three days left to go! Because Drag Dad's Kickstarter goal of $16,000 was set conservatively, we do encourage you all to continue to spread the word about the project. Our budget estimate was set to the absolute minimum to make Drag Dad possible, and we could still use more help. Any funds raised beyond our goal would go towards making the film even greater, including:
- Expanding our shoot schedule to capture more material with James and Jeremiah.
- Upgrading our equipment rentals to include the very best tools with which to make this film.
- Hiring an award-winning post-production team to to make the final product something we can all, as backers and supporters, be proud of.
- Purchasing Errors and Omissions Insurance to be able to move the film into the theatrical and broadcast medium.
- Submitting to more high profile international film festivals (this is costlier than you’d think!).
- Strengthening our marketing and distribution efforts to help this film and its message reach as large an audience as we can.
The Drag Dad team extends to you guys massive, massive gratitude and electronic hugs for making this thing happen, and for your continued support throughout this process. We will be keeping you updated on the progress of the film's production from start to finish.
Now let's make a movie!
On behalf of the Drag Dad team,
Björn Flóki Björnsson, director