Ship, Ship, Hooray!
You'll (hopefully) all be excited to learn that we received our first shipment of pixelstick late last week.
The news is (primarily) great - we started by spot checking about 100 units for quality and consistency and found that nearly everything was right up to spec.
However, a few days before that we received an advanced unit and discovered a small issue: our cable clips were not strong enough. It seems the injection molder used a different grade of plastic than the sample pieces, so the clips ended up not being quite strong enough, and prone to popping off. We immediately had them re-run the entire 20,000 piece run and express them to us here in the US.
Our nights since the new clips have arrived have consisted of turning very large bags of 1000 clips into very small bags of 6 clips.
The side effect of this is that while pixelstick looks and functions great, we still have to open every single one to put in a new bag of clips.
Needless to say, we were hoping to avoid doing this.
What this means:
1. Full QC is now being performed on our side. We have to open every package to insert the clips so we figure we ought to check everything else while we're in there. This process began on Friday and we're making great progress.
2. Shipping begins TOMORROW! Surveys went out 10 days ago so we've collected shipping information for the vast majority of you. If you haven't filled out your survey yet, you can still do so at any time.
3. Shipping all Kickstarter rewards should take about 14-16 days. This is partly due to the bulk but mostly due to the fact that we have to touch each piece individually.
4. We will be manning the email station (with extra help) as soon as pixelsticks start landing. If you encounter any problems with your shipment, the absolute quickest and most efficient way to get our attention is to email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an question, concern, or issue that needs quick attention, posting it to Kickstarter or sending us a message through Kickstarter is not the best way to get to us during fulfillment.
5. During this time we will be all hands on deck dealing with continuing the QC/Clips process, processing and shipping what has been completed, and handling any customer service issues for what has gone out already. Because of this, please understand that emails sent to us that don't pertain directly to a shipment that has gone out already or another serious, order-affecting problem, may be triaged for a few days.
6. You will most likely receive a shipping notification at nighttime (Eastern Time/GMT-5) the night before your reward ships. The notification will have your order number, shipping address, and tracking number on it. If you notice any problems with your shipping address, please bring them to our attention as quickly as possible so we can fix it before it actually leaves our facility the following morning.
Many of you reading this joined us later in the process via website pre-order. We will contact you separately if we need any follow up information, but rest assured - your orders will be processed as soon as possible after our Kickstarter obligations are met.
As always, thank you for your support and patience!
Duncan & Steve