BONUS VIDEOS (x5):
- What SIZE Bingarden™ fits YOUR Garbage can / Wheelie Bin?
- Small, Medium or Large? (see video below:)
- (or for your herb / veggie garden, see video below:)
- How to get a good centrepiece plant / shrub for your BIN GARDEN flower display?
- Other Bin Covers SUCK! (Just ROCK N ROLL)
- Don’t risk injury manhandling full heavy cans whilst touching the dirty discharge end of the Garbage Can.
- (Bin Garden Inventor, Nick Staley explains how other rival lid-lifting Wheelie Bin Covers suffer an inherent design flaw, in the video below:)
- Please note the following SAFETY NOTICE!
- (see video below:)
- Hey, I'm Nick Staley, Inventor of the BINGARDEN™
- The Daily Mail dubbed me: The Master of Disguise!
Please note that the main video has closed captions, (use the cc button) Its translated into 35 languages as follows: Arabic Catalan Czech Danish German Greek English Spanish Finnish French Irish Hebrew Hindi Croatian Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Malay Bokmål Dutch Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Slovak Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese Yiddish Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional)
- What will YOU grow in YOURS?
- Claim back (the otherwise useless space) above YOUR bin:
- Flowers Bloom atop YOUR Garbage Can / Wheelie Bin:
- YOUR Bin Garden will give YOU gifts:
- Flowers, for your vases!
- Fruits, herbs and veggies, for your dinner!:
- Free Dinners! - What will YOU make?
- Grown in YOUR Bin Garden?
- Chilli Tomato Pasta?
- & for pudding?:
- Free Strawberries!
- Will YOU grow? | A Herb Bin Garden? | A Vegetable Bin Garden? | A Flower Bin Garden? | A Topiary Bin Garden? | Or maybe a shrubbery Bin Garden?
- Whatever you do grow in YOUR Bin Garden - just make sure IT IS LEGAL, where you grow it! (We wouldn't want anyone to get arrested for growing a Cannabis Bin Garden for example!)
Marijuana leaf image, courtesy of: Oren neu dag [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
BINGARDEN™ Reward Tiers Infographic.
- To help backers understand the reward levels available.
- (For more info: see the rewards to Right Hand Side of page.)
- Now Let's take a closer look at the rewards, here for you, on Kickstarter, starting with:
REWARD ONE / £3 (about $5):
REWARD TWO / £16 (about $25):
REWARD TWO (CLEARER VIEW) / £16 (about $25):
REWARD THREE / £32 (about $50):
REWARD THREE (CLEARER VIEW) / £32 (about $50):
REWARD FOUR / £170 (about $265):
REWARD FIVE / £175 (about $273):
REWARD SIX / £185 (about $289):
REWARD SEVEN / £195 (about $304):
REWARD EIGHT / £225 (about $351):
REWARD NINE / £325 (about $507):
REWARD TEN / £349 (about $545):
REWARD ELEVEN / £520 (about $812):
REWARDS 12, 13, 14 & 15 (Varying costs, see below):
REWARD SIXTEEN / £5000 (about $7811):
Evolution of the BINGARDEN™
We are on a mission, to hide garbage cans and wheelie bins, all over the world! With plants, flowers, herbs, fruits & vegetables. We are passionate about it, really!
We invent a variety of things. Some secret for now, others we can speak of such as for instance; the Toilet Stopper Flood Protection device that protects properties from sewage back-flow flooding, which we've assigned patent rights to industry for. We've had a variety of successes and even awards. Lots of other inventions waiting in the wings still, as yet, undisclosed, Though not all the inventions have such worldwide appeal as the BINGARDEN™ does!
These wheelie bins / Garbage Cans are all over the world in vast numbers and people want to hide them! We are always getting asked. "When can I get one?"
As you can see below, Over the years; we've made a right variety of Bin Garden prototypes, to take the idea from the drawing board to reality.
I've got loads of prototypes dotted around my house grounds. Quite a few meerkats live in amongst the flowers and plants. Not real meerkats! (gnome type meerkats). I have a herb Bin Garden, a fruit and vegetable Bin Garden (Chillies, tomatoes & Strawberries), A shrubbery Bin Garden (with Shrubs in), I've many a Bin Garden with flowers in and often, they have nice specimen plants in the centre, in order that the plant befits a planter of this size and is pleasing to the eye.
That's the thing here, you see - its not supposed to look like a box that hides a bin. (like rival products do and often look worse than the Bin itself!) From the outset my intent was to create the Bin Garden to be a disguise, all along I have been adamant it needs to follow the shape of a regular planter because, well, its supposed to look like a planter! That's where the magic lies. if it was straight and boxy like the others that I see for sale, then: where's the disguise? And it works you know! People who don't know me when they visit the house walk straight past the Bin Gardens admiring the flower displays without a thought that inside are my stinking dirty bins!
Over the years we've made a Dustbin Cover prototype, a mid-size sliding top prototype for a model mid-size wheelie bin, just to prove the concept. We've made Full Size Bin Garden Prototypes (We called it the Wheelie Bin Cover for a while, primarily for the UK market). We've even built a tiny model Bin Garden for a desktop pen tidy garbage can on wheels which built up some decent air miles flying to China in hand luggage!
Things are getting serious now: The international patents are coming to the end of the examination process (takes like 5 years!) We have trademarks pending on the system now internationally.
The detailed plans we've worked on for years, have been poured over by a few choice volume large scale East European Manufacturers who are awaiting the nod (and the money!) to proceed with the large scale order of the three sizes of BinGarden™ Small size, medium size and large size (because of the three sizes, we need a big Kick Start target of £278,000 to meet factory minimum order quantities x 3 sets.)
Make sure you get the right size for your existing cans / bins - see the posters above for info on sizes and have a mooch at some images of the BINGARDEN™ prototype history:
WE'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!
- Have a look at our BINGARDEN™ Prototype Backlog over the past 7 years. Some just to prove concept, or to fly on a plane in hand luggage!: (x5 following photos):
Why Other Bin Covers SUCK! (That's right, I said it!)
• I explain in the video above - called ROCK N ROLL. (near the top)
• DON'T risk injury struggling with other Lid-lifting Bin Covers
• They have an inherent design flaw
• They'll put your back out!
• You risk injury using them
• You get dirty using other Garbage Can hideaways.
• You have to manhandle the dirty discharge end of the trash can / wheelie bin, the end that gets dumped in the bin lorries / garbage trucks.
• The handles are stuck at the back of the Bin Cover, where you can't access them!
• The wheels are in the wrong place, at the back where you can't get to them!
• You don't realise until, its too late - you bought it, threw the packaging in the bin! - Assembled it, used it all week long, all seems fine... Then BAM! Its Garbage Day! - and you realise: "hang on this thing BLOWS! the Can / bin is heavy now, its full of trash, it weighs a tonne."
• You now have the weekly chore of having to fight your trash can to try and get it out!
• You have to hug your bin to try and get it out of the Bin Cover.
• Seriously! Take heed! - Other Bin Covers SUCK!
• The design is flawed, if it lifts your bin lid I mean; they require the user to manhandle their bin the wrong way around, with the wheels the wrong way around and the handles the wrong way around.
• You have to push your bin in backwards! OK maybe that's acceptable when the bin is empty, its nice and light then - BUT WHEN the trash can is FULL of all your household waste and is stinking to high heaven! - that's when you will be cussing at it! Cursing the day you bought the dreaded thing!
• Trying to pull it out of the bin storage, the smelly dirty end, with NO HANDLES there for you and NO WHEELS available to you.
How the BINGARDEN is Novel and different:
• The BINGARDEN™ sliding planter trash can (or wheelie bin) disguise automatically opens and closes your bin lid (or trash can lid) when you slide the "plant drawer" in and out, but that's not all!
• It also has added Rock ‘n’ Roll - ability! –
• Wheeled Bins roll straight in an out! - You just rock n roll. The bin goes in the right way round, as it was designed to be used.
• No need for conventional 180° turn-around like with other lid-lifting bin covers that require the user to manhandle the heavy, dirty unhygienic discharge end that get upended into the roll-out cart trucks.
• Beware of inferior products that can harm your health, make light work of your trash, don't struggle on bin day. Get yourself a BINGARDEN™ folks, you won't regret it!
FORECAST OF ACTION:
The Large Scale Manufacturers lined up to mass-produce the BINGARDEN™ deal in phenomenal numbers. They supply quality furniture to the largest retail stores. They know the BINGARDEN™ inside out down to the last component. They are on standby to fast track YOUR BINGARDEN™ to YOU, via our Worldwide Logistics Partner who are experts in their field of getting boxes to places, intact & on time.
There is some legwork to do first as follows:
- August/Sept: Raise our target via the best people on Earth - The Kickstarter Community!
- October: Assign manufacturing standards for International conformity & legal paperwork between the involved parties.
- November: Logistics & delivery of all component parts (such as the top quality stainless steel slide rails, brackets, fixings etc). Begin manufacturing of design specification quality bespoke components.
- December: Verification & validation procedures. Product Quality Assurance. Production prototypes - Small, Medium & Large sizes ensuring that all parts will flat-pack into the anticipated box dimensions for each size of unit. Adjustments if needed.
- January: Preliminary short production run. Training of packing personnel. Quality control. Ensure nothing is missing, all parts are present. Packaging, labelling & any final adjustments.
- February: Priority shipments to those who pledged for rewards stating such, then the remaining fulfilment commences in time for the 2016 Spring Growing Season. What will you be growing?
- Word up!
BINGARDEN™ SPACE REQUIREMENTS:
INTERNATIONAL PATENTS PENDING. BINGARDEN™ an invention by Nick Staley. (Co Designer, Cyril Staley)
Email: sales [ @ ] bingarden.com
Thanks for viewing. Please help us bring the BINGARDEN™ to life by backing our campaign. Please also like and share!
Sincere thanks from the BINGARDEN™ TEAM:
Nick Staley, BINGARDEN™ Inventor:
Cyril Staley. BINGARDEN™ Co. Designer:
Please help spread the word:
- Share and like the BINGARDEN™ campaign on social networks.
- Tell your friends, family & neighbours.
- Email the kickstarter website to mailing lists.
- & Please pledge, That's when the magic happens :)
Risks and challenges
We don’t want to let you down as much as you don’t want to be let down. Yes there ARE risks & challenges WILL arise but please rest-assured that we’ve planned for it, we’ve done the legwork and for sure what we HAVE got going here for us, is that this product is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!
For example it’s not in the realms of say, a 3D printer or some other complex piece of tech that requires a team of engineers & might be glitchy etc. It’s a simple idea. Albeit a very attractive one that can blend into the surroundings or it can be made into a feature but getting down to basics its wood panels, metals bars, slide rails & a host of other brackets & fixings. It’s on a par with a piece of garden furniture. It needs to be fit for purpose & the parts to not rust. (So we will use top quality materials such as stainless steel slide rails etc - pricey but necessary).
That said, we aren’t taking it lightly, our commitment to fulfilling your pledges is our paramount concern. We understand we have a job to do here & we will strive to get you your BINGARDEN™ to you on time for when Spring kicks in, in February next year so you can all plant up your flower & herb / veggie gardens for the season.
I’ve had a variety of different working prototypes all over my grounds for years now. We’ve created quite a few. We’ve honed in on the problem areas & we feel we’ve ironed out the creases. We have a bona fide robust practical & pleasing product for you with mass worldwide appeal. We just need the capital to make it all happen now.
MANUFACTURING and MOQs (Minimum Order Quantities)
We are working closely with a very large scale factory in Eastern Europe who do a lot of work for a large Swedish furniture company. The three mass-production quotes we already have in place as WE ARE CREATING 3 PRODUCTS here: a small, a medium and a large, to hide differing sized bins. SO THAT'S WHY we need to RAISE A LOT OF MONEY, to meet 3 sets of Minimum Order Quantities that a factory of this size & stature would entertain new product line(s) manufacturing.
WHY THREE PRODUCTS, WON'T THIS LEAD TO PROBLEMS?
Simply because the BINGARDEN™ is governed by all the different sizes of trash cans & wheelie bins that already exist in all our land, gardens & driveways, all over the world! You see, we can't just create a one-size-fits-all BINGARDEN™ to fit all the bins out there as frankly, that would be daft! So we have opted to create three sizes. They are all different & so require different production lines, boxes & plans etc. However they do share much conformity between the sizes, we have designed it such to lessen the scope of Manufacturing problems. Most parts are identical. The panels do have to differ due to size restraints. Despite the variety, we have KEPT IT SIMPLE.
BACK UP PLANS
We've got back up plans in place just in case of any unforeseen issues. Back up rival factories lined up in case of any capacity issues. We’ve been recommended to these factories by the Embassy for the country. We’ve met & bent the ear of so many suppliers that we have about 3 different suppliers lined up for each & every component such as the quality stainless steel slide rails, the brackets, the fixings, you name it we’ve got a bunch of suppliers who can do it & have quoted in bulk. So in case of supply issues we can jump ship(s) to keep to our timeline.
PRODUCT ADJUSTMENTS & SHIPPING
There won’t be many adjustments, seriously! We’ve been over every aspect again & again, we’ve fine-tuned it all, we have such detailed plans now & the factory have made a number of pre-production prototypes that we’ve paid for them to make. Cyril was a design draughtsman all his “previous” life, you should see the plans, we’ve really gone to town to get these right together. The level of detail we’ve gone to is impressive. When you get your BINGARDEN™ you’ll see how little space is wasted in the shipping box. Great product designers strive to achieve this, it means less breakages in transit & lower shipping costs. By the way, to ship these big heavy boxes worldwide is no mean feat. We've negotiated volume bulk rates with lots of shippers & the listed shipping prices are actually v reasonable to you the backers for such large heavy boxes. With our first design; the shipping cost was enormous, the box was massive, made it all non-viable. We were right up against the lasers almost into oversize packaging. (big extra charges, that used to mean!) What they call dimensional weight based on box dimensions rather than weight was crippling to the budget. We brainstormed this issue for months, well years actually & THEN BAM, we sussed out how to sort it, how to get a smaller lighter box, we’ve done that process over and over and it’s NOW as SMALL as it can be (the box) & now the price is acceptable. Just. Our shipping partners we have used for decades now in other aspects of business.
The BINGARDEN™ has patents pending in far reaching territories as well as trademarks. This level of IP (Intellectual Property) doesn't come cheap but you should know that we aren't asking for help with those costs. We've met the bulk of all this already. We have had offers to license the BINGARDEN™ for return of royalties but we chose, for now, we’ll go it alone (well, that is, in very close partnership with our key suppliers & large volume manufacturing factories, who are lined up for this) We may license it out later after this Kickstarter fulfilment is complete, that is if it all gets a bit too much, for us. As we do expect exponential growth especially as we have plans for a whole range of other BINGARDEN™ products. As well as many other ideas to develop in future. For now & for the past seven years; We are on a mission to make bin storage attractive all over the world!
LONGEVITY, STANDARDS & ENVIRONMENTAL
The Factories & all the key suppliers we have lined up are all very long established businesses who trade in very large volumes with recognised International industry standards across the board. Your BINGARDEN™ will meet all the necessary requirements & standards. The timber will come from sustainable sources & be marked as such. Almost every BINGARDEN™ part will be able to be recycled.
We plan to deliver early if possible. We’ve said February to Under-promise & Over-deliver but it is possible we may run into unforeseen matters as is normal bringing new products to market. Though we remain confident you will have your BINGARDEN™ by FEB 2016. Hopefully beforehand.
SIZES / REQUESTS / SURVEY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
It's going to be a challenge to deal with the volume of enquiries & as much as we truly appreciate your backing of our campaign we respectfully request that you let us get on with the important matter in hand - getting YOU - YOUR BINGARDEN™ A.S.A.P. With this in mind please refrain from informing us what size BINGARDEN™ you want us to send you. We've got that covered! Don't worry!
PLEASE NOTE We will reach out to you, all of our beloved backers, just before, we are ready to ship your BINGARDEN™ in a one off survey (Kickstarter only let Creators send a one-time survey & they recommend you leave it to the end, right up until Creators are actually ready to ship out goods) So please don’t nag us with requests about what size BINGARDEN™ you want (should you choose bundles or early birds) Or what colour desk tidies you want (reward 2 is a red, reward 3 is four different colours, of our choosing) Kindly respect our privacy as much as possible, knowing that when we are ready to send your BINGARDEN™ we will send out the mass survey in one go to answer all your individual questions/requirements.
DID YOU KNOW UGLY BINS CAN DE-VALUE YOUR HOME?
Ugly trash cans, smelly garbage bins & unsightly wheelie bins can knock thousands off the price of YOUR property? If you run an internet search of the words “Devon woman sues council wheelie bins kerb appeal” You will find the info. £5000 off the asking price, woman seeking £5000 compensation as bin “wrecks house sale Kerb appeal” We saw this as a challenge to make the final BINGARDEN™ product that you will receive as aesthetically pleasing as possible. It’s a disguise. The Daily Mail dubbed me as "The Master of Disguise!" Like most great inventions it was borne from necessity & personal needs. We had nowhere to keep our bin except right outside our front door, it stank & looked horrible. I looked to buy a Bin Cover but was appalled to see the products on the market - some look worse than the bin itself, so I decided to hide it & the rest is history. It's meant to beautify your surroundings. It's not meant to look like a box outside your house (like most Bin Covers do) but to look like a decorative planter brimming with flowers & the scent of such. It helps to remove bad smells, keeps the bin away from Sunlight which helps stop infestations of bins, a common problem particularly in countries with Tropical weather.
Claim back your otherwise unused space. Make your outside space beautiful & attractive with the scent of pretty flowers instead of garbage / rubbish & ugly plastic bins!
Yes there will be obstacles but we are on a mission, to hide ugly garbage cans & smelly wheelie bins, all over the world! With plants, flowers, herbs, fruits & vegetables. In your BINGARDEN™ you can grow what you like! We’ll be as quick as we can, & YOU can help us get you your BINGARDEN™ earlier by sharing, liking & pledging ASAP. The sooner we hit the funding target the sooner we can give the nod to the factory & get into MASS PRODUCTION.
In the meantime we’ll be working hard to get you the best quality BINGARDEN™ that we can.
Every pledge counts! Help us make it happen. We need your help please? We need pledges, likes & shares. Why not pre-order your BINGARDEN™ now by backing our campaign? Or pledge for one of our low or high reward levels? Become a backer & you can ROCK N ROLL!
THANK YOU for your help! RESPECT!!!
THE BINGARDEN™ team. xxxLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (48 days)