Firstly a huge thank you to everyone who has supported our project, hopefully the majority of you have had a chance to play Her Majesty's SPIFFING and are happy with the final game.
We've put together a list of all the written reviews that we've came across since launch so you can see what other folk have been saying. We're hoping to see some more in the coming weeks, but for now this is how things are looking (listed from highest scoring to lowest):
- Twinfinite, 4.5/5 (PC) - The only problem with the game is that I wanted more of it. Her Majesty’s Spiffing will run you about four hours. Once you reach its end, the game is very clear with the player stating that ‘This story will continue… maybe… if we get enough sales’.
- GameReactor.se, 9/10 (Xbox One, Swedish) - Fantastisk humor, smarta och logiska pussel, mästerligt röstskådespel, ljuvliga spel- och filmreferenser.
- Orange Bison, 9/10 (Xbox One) - HM Spiffing stands as a both a tribute to a, lamentably, bygone era and a modern reimagining of how its gaming forbears might look, feel and play now.
- Arabic Gamers, 85% (Xbox One) - ...If you like well made point and click games with a sense of humour then you'll like this. Here's hoping for a sequel.
- Adventure Corner, 83% (PC, German) - Monty Python Fans, kaufen und spielen. Der Humor ist bitterböse und am Punkt.
- Newark Advertiser, 8.3/10 (Xbox One) - Her Majesty's Spiffing has been a fantastic surprise. Small but sweet, it's some of the best British humour I've seen packaged into a game, and a good point-and-click venture.
- Brash Games, 8/10 (Xbox One) - Her Majesty’s Spiffing has a fitting graphic design with unique and amusing characters that come with big personalities and apt voice acting. You’ll get more than your fair share of fourth-wall breaking gags to keep you chuckling away.
- Game Grin, 8/10 (Xbox One) - You would never know that this is the first game from Billy Goat Entertainment, from how well polished and written it is. Very funny and filled with pop culture references, it makes you hopeful for the post-Brexit future.
- Xbox Achievements, 75% (Xbox One) - Who'd have thought that a game ostensibly about Brexit could not only be so funny, but also provide a selection of clever puzzles to boot?
- ICXM, 7.5/10 (Xbox One) - Great - An excellent piece of kit that offers value for money and adheres to high quality standards.
- Game Spew, 7/10 (Xbox One) - I would like to see more from this series for another great laugh thanks to its smart writing; whether it will materialise is another story.
- Adventure Gamers, 3/5 (PC) - In the end, Her Majesty's SPIFFING is like a story told over drinks at a Club: all digressions and anecdotes, rambling without any great urgency but plenty of charm.
Her Majesty's SPIFFING is now available on PlayStation 4, you can check it out in the PS Store by following the links below:
A few people have been in touch to say they've had difficultly finding the game on the European PS Store, we're currently chatting to our friends at Sony to sort that out, in the meantime following the link above will take you straight to the game page.
Thanks to everyone that has reported issues they've encountered on the Steam and Humble versions of the game. We've been updating the builds to ensure that they are bug free, if you come across anything untoward let us know here or on our Steam community page.
Finally, for now, please do keep sharing news of our game, we really want Captain English and Sub-lieutenant Jones' adventures to continue but can only do this if the game sells! All your effort and support is greatly appreciated, the more people we can get the game in front of the better!
We'll post up more news soon, thank you everyone again for your support.
PS/ Backers that haven't yet received their digital copy of the game send us a private message here or email email@example.com and we'll get you sorted out ASAP!