We’re making amazing progress on opening our second location at 2625 Hillsborough Road in Durham and have had lots of people telling us that they would love to take part again. So we’ll soon be running a Community Sourced Capital (CSC) campaign.
With CSC, instead of just giving, you can make a small loan to us that we repay within 3 years, probably sooner.
Cocoa Cinnamon has excellent cash flow and will be paying for most of the project through our own business funds. Instead of just borrowing from a bank we wanted to let you all be in on it with us. We love being a community based shop and it feels better to do this together.
Like last time there is no pressure; when the campaign launches in the next week or so, check out the campaign and consider becoming a “square holder,” by making a small loan starting at $50. Every “Square” has a huge impact.
In addition to becoming a Square Holder there are lots of other ways to participate.
Help us spread the word and ensure the success of the campaign --
- by sharing the link to our campaign.
- telling your friends if you know you’ll lend, you could let us know in advance so we can coordinate it as part of the amazing fireworks crescendo that crowdfunding is.
- talk to us if you would advocate for us on your listserv, or in another group.
- share on social media.
- or if you don’t know but would like to do more, let us know.
By helping us pay the cost of hiring local artists to make CC2 a one of a kind place, purchase key equipment and outdoor seating, you’ll help create:
- the capacity for CC to create career track positions and up to 19 new living wage jobs.
- an amazing work place, more local buying, more creation of opportunity in Durham through our giving program.
- early news as we build out the shop an invite to our contributor only soft opening
- the satisfaction of having a direct impact by creating jobs, a thriving place in Durham and supporting the local economy
- paid all of your money back
To end, we wanted to leave you with an inspiring post that our friend and daring entrepreneur Avani Parekh posted on Facebook yesterday.
Here's the post:
“When you are in your full power it feels like your heart is buzzing and everything around you picks up on the vibration. Soon, everything is buzzing around you and living feels like the best rap song with the thumpingest bass line. You know when bees do that butt wiggling dance when they find a flower patch to direct other bees to the source of the treasure? Full power bees. Wiggling, jiggling, dancing bees. Happy bees."
In short, will you be our happy bees? Our full power bees? And help make Cocoa Cinnamon 2 a beautiful hive in this beautiful Bull City!
Thank you for all of your support!
Leon and Areli