Oh, Man. You've been waiting a long time for this...
What are we creating?
PURE JOY. Almost any kid that was born after 1969 had a Marx Big Wheel plastic trike at some point in their growing up. Even now as adults, they often recall their plastic chariot as, "the best toy EVER." We are capturing the freedom, exhilaration, and playfulness of this epic ride on toy by designing and producing the HIGH ROLLER adult size big wheel trike!
How are we creating this?
DESIGN. As founder of the Big Wheel Rally I have spent countless hours (years?) in the saddle of stock kids' big wheels, modified plastic rigs, chopped and stretched super modifieds, and custom builds. All the while gleaning the best features of each and merging this with our Aerospace Engineering experience.
What have we done so far?
Over the last year we have produced several rolling prototypes, that are stout, tight, and FUN. These are fully functional, ridable rigs with almost 300 miles on each one. And most of that was sideways!
We've gone from paper sketches (literally back-of-the-envelope)...
To full CAD drawings...
To rolling prototypes...
And we've let the (big) kids play on them!
Here's what you get:
- 26 inch Rubber Front Tire for supreme traction
- Freewheel Hub for high speed coasting
- Stout Steel Frame and Fork holds over 300 lbs
- Alloy V-Brake and levers for solid stops
- Plush Custom Seat for your cruising pleasure
- Plastic Rear Wheels on Ball Bearing Hubs for thunderous powerslides
- Bell and Tassels standard. Oh yeah.
We've completed the design, we've tested the prototypes, and now we're ready to do it for real.
PRODUCTION. We are currently looking to engage manufacturers to produce an initial lot of 300 High Roller adult size big wheel trikes. Why 300? That's the minimum order quantity that makes financial sense for the factory. Less than that and no one's really interested in making it. More than that, and they get real interested!
With your help, we can initiate a build of 300 High Rollers, and hopefully more!
We've already invested many thousands of dollars in sourcing components, CAD design, refining the drawings, and getting prototypes made for testing.
Your contribution will help us secure:
- Tooling and custom plastic molds (for frame jigs, custom parts)
- Production (actually building them)
- Final assembly and warehousing (ready for you to ride!)
Don't you think it's about time? Come out and play!
- (30 days)