Thanks to recent studies, butter is making its way back into peoples lives. In fact: Butter consumption in the U.S. has hit a 40-year high. Unfortunately, the way butter is served hasn’t changed in decades…so we thought: what if we could re-imagine the way people store and use butter?
After significant consumer testing
and multiple designs
We created the biēm.....
Everyday I get up and have coffee, catch up on emails and make breakfast. Usually that means butter, scrambled eggs, and a glass of milk.
I always start with a pat of butter in a pan and melt it to use it as a natural food release instead of using one of those store bought sprays that uses butane or propane as a propellant. Funny, it says on the can "keep away from open flames," but you are supposed to cook with it, come again? I also have no idea where the "oil" in there came from and what other chemicals or additives the brand isn't telling me about.
Of course, the problem with melting a pat of butter is, if you don't stand right over it and twist it and turn it you burn it, which I do often. Besides that, you never know how much you are actually putting in the pan (which for a guy like me, watching my calories counts!)
So one day I started thinking why isn't there a simple spray of real butter? I mean, how hard could it be? Well it turns out, it was a lot harder than I thought. But after a couple of years of testing and multiple prototypes we did it.
Now there's a simple, easy way to use a real stick of butter and turn it into a spray in just seconds. The biēm butter sprayer. It's your butter, sprayed. No chemical propellants and no ingredients you don't know about. Just heat and air.
Please support us in bringing the biēm to your home!
The biēm final version will be finished with a beautiful, non-smudge silicone front and a brushed stainless on the back just like the picture below.
- Uses whatever brand of butter you normally use.
- Does not melt the whole stick.
- Melts only the butter you need and tells you when to add butter.
- Doesn't overheat the butter to melt. Just 95 degrees
- Patent pending "no clog" nozzle design
- Smart on off. Has an accelerometer to know when you are picking it up to use and turns the biem on automatically.
- Ready to spray in seconds.
- Cool spray to the touch.
- Uses no chemical or artificial propellants, just heat and air.
- Store in the refrigerator or on the counter.
- Easy to use. Easy to clean.
- Faster and easier than spreading butter with a knife
- Butter bread and toast without tearing.
- Butter popcorn without drenching, making it soggy
- Use as a natural pan release.
- No artificial sprays with flammable and artificial ingredients
- Butter toast and use half as much
- Butter popcorn without sogginess
- Natural pan release and less costly
- Butter muffin pans
- Perfect grilled cheese sandwiches
- Butter vegetables without waste
- Baste turkeys or roasted chicken
- Perfect garlic bread
- Butter steaks
- Butter pasta and pancakes
Risks and challenges
Over the past two years we have been perfecting the design and ease of use of the biēm through multiple prototypes. Now that we have moved beyond alpha and beta phases, we could have some small changes that will improve an internal part that would affect our timeline.
Creating the tooling to manufacture the biēm is a significant process. There is typically a lead time to create them and delays could occur.
Although we don't foresee this happening, it could delay initial shipping.
- (32 days)