The whiteboard that sets you free
The Artist ideaboard is a portable whiteboard that allows you to bring your canvas of creativity and productivity anywhere you go.
Check out our Wired.com Review
I'm Bhushan Lele and I want to create the ultimate creative tool for business people on the go.
Spending two years in the culture rich town of Ann Arbor, I would see artists roaming the streets with their portfolios... able to work in a park, by the river and in coffee shops.
Why don't business people get cool toys like this to work on their assignments? Then, it hit me... why not make the whiteboard portable?
Using bookbinding techniques and marrying that with quality materials, I've created an easy-to-carry whiteboard portfolio that you can use anywhere you want. Inspired by the artists I used to see, I'm calling it The Artist ideaboard.
No longer do you have to be in a conference room or a cubicle to get work done. Now, you can work on ideas outside the office walls and get inspired by your surroundings.
Think about it... with The Artist, you can:
• Brainstorm with team-mates at the park
• Mind-map your big idea while sipping on a drink at the beach
• Take the group meeting downstairs to the coffee shop
• Design your rough layouts on a park bench
• Look great while presenting to clients at their office or at a restaurant
• Collaborate with co-workers on project strategy at the hotel
• Sketch your next invention while visiting the museum
• Get a headstart on the week while at the airport
• List tasks and deadlines from your hammock
The Artist is perfect for entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, freelancers and any small business owner. It's great for anyone who's a professional that solves problems such as:
• Advertising pros • Bloggers • Engineers • Web Developers and Designers • Inventors • Account Executives • Filmmakers • Coders • Trainers or Facilitators • Art Directors • Interior Designers • Contractors • Illustrators • Software Designers • Small Business Owners • Architects • Moms ... just to name a few!
All our electronics have gone wireless, why are our office products still tied to the office?
ADDED USE CASE: transfer sheets from board to wall
Now you can not only take your whiteboard with you, but you can also bring it back to your office or home AND stick the sheets on your wall-giving you the functionality of a traditional whiteboard as well. We will now be including Velcro dots with the Artist ideaboard so you can attach your sheets to the wall!
The Artist features a ring binder that holds three whiteboard pages. Each whiteboard page also has a clear, protective sheet on top that prevents anyone from smudging your work. It also provides an extra surface for adding to your work without altering your original. This along, with the Artist's stand-up mode, makes it a great collaboration tool. And last, but not least, you can purchase pre-printed templates such as a calendar, and much requested graph grid and others for added productivity.
With The Artist, you can be nimble and creative but still look stylish and professional. My goal is to raise funds so I can make a production run of Artists that will make its price more affordable to entrepreneurs and freelancers. Your support will also allow me to do what until now, only Dr. Evil has been able to do... create a mini version of the original. I've had a lot of requests for a smaller version that can fit into your laptop bag, which I now plan on doing. I think I will call it the Mini-Artist.
Thanks for your support. Bhushan.
For international orders please inquire here. For press inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Form and Function
We have packed design features into the ideaboard that makes it fun to carry around and easy to work on.
1) Stylish design and Portability - Inspired by the artist portfolio, we used book-binding techniques to give it an organic feel. Like the artist portfolio, it is designed for creativity and you can take it anywhere!
2) This is the writing position. It can sit on your lap or rest on a table at your local cafe. A four ring-binder holds three sheets to give you ample writing space.
You can also purchase pre-printed templates such as calendars, column grids, to-do lists, etc. to take your productivity to the next level.
3) Collaboration Mode - The Artist can be propped up on a table and secured with the included strap. This is great for ideation and feedback sessions with colleagues.
4) Three clear protective sheets that not only protect your work, but also give you an extra writing surface for secondary details.
5) An elastic band that holds your writing surface in place. We've improved on the prototype and have substituted a white elastic band to seamlessly integrate with The Artist.
Why support us today?
- As you are reading this, important decisions are being made about the company's direction, and your support will help dictate this direction. If you help us meet our funding goal on Kickstarter, we can concentrate our efforts on the design and production of the Artist and Mini-Artist. If we don't get funded, we will need to shift our focus and spend more time on marketing, going to trade-shows, retailers, etc. which isn't nearly as fun as creating great products and getting them in your hands.
- Being a prolific backer myself, I know that you are a leader by backing projects on Kickstarter. I hope you feel strongly about this project and are willing to show initiative to help shape this project's future!
- The Artist now has a less conspicuous white elastic band as opposed to the black band currently shown in the picture.
Due to the various international shipping rates, we will not be offering The Artist or The Mini Artist to non-continental US residents. Our international supporters and non-continental US residents are very important to us and we invite you to visit our website if you are interested in purchasing The Artist.
Special thanks to my kickstarter campaign manager, Karl Brozyna. We had a great time putting this project together!
- (40 days)