The Convergents - A Comic Themed Card Game (Canceled)
A super powered comic themed battle card game about choosing a team and an objective to protect the city you love (or hate.)
The Convergents - A super powered comic themed battle card game about choosing a team and an objective to protect the city you love (or hate)! Competitive and co-operative game modes await the city's new heroes (and villains) for 2 Players, or...
Also introducing The Cosmic Threat, a 1-5 Player cooperative game format, with three distinct play modes: Autopilot, Hard Autopilot, and Piloted. The players will play cooperatively to take on the Giant Alien Ship that is trying to destroy Slab City.
Will the heroes and villains work well together to defend their city, or will they fail and allow the menace to destroy their home? You decide!
Team Box Components:
- Game Box
- 104 Cards (Including 1 Pre-Constructed Deck and Extra cards. Each has a distinct playset.)
- Various Tokens
- 1 Poster (Map Side / Rules Side)
- 1 Poster (Battle Side / Keyword Icon Side)
Cosmic Threat Components:
- Game Box
- 54 Cards (This is a pre-constructed deck ready for the players to compete against!)
- 1 Poster (Map Side / Rules Side)
For How to play you may Watch the video above, or Check out the animated how to play section below!
Introducing players to a world in which the characters interact. Will Slab City be ruled by one Villain? Will the Heroes rescue enough civilians to save the day? What secrets are hidden in the city streets? The fate of Slab City is in your hands!
- In this game, players will create a unit of 54 cards. They will choose a Team Leader, which will determine the team the player has chosen (And has other effects unique to that Team Leader). They will choose an Objective, which tells them if they are heroic or villainous, it also determines one goal in which they need to accomplish to win the game. They will create a 40-card play deck, with character and object cards. Lastly, they will create a 12-card Location deck to represent where the epic battles in Slab City will take place.
- To help you get started, we've created a pre-constructed deck in each team box. Once you get the hang of the game, swap out some of the extra cards and customize your deck to suit your play style!
The Convergents has multiple paths to victory, and not all involve beating down your opponent. Some players may opt to rescue civilians. Others may try to amass wealth or simply beat and bring opposing characters to justice. All of these goals are possible, and more!
- Each of the Four different Team Boxes have everything you will need to start playing a game with a friend! For a more competitive experience, add in all the Team Boxes and the Cosmic Threat to make every deck possible! This game focuses heavily on player creativity, in that YOU construct your decks, YOU choose how you play the game. We provide the pre-constructed decks to give you an easy way to start out! After that it is up to you on how you play. Do you farm resources? Do you maximize your battle capability? Do you rush the enemy base? All of that is up to how you make your deck!
The world of The Convergents is deep and rich, allowing players to impact the world through game play, this is the ultimate story driven card game.
- Right now, the future is uncertain. That, in part, is because players (through tournament play) will actually be able to influence the world, the canon, the characters, and more in huge ways! Your creative minds will have a portal through which you can be involved directly with the creation of the Universe itself!
- Scroll down to see Tournaments for more info on how you can change the future of the Convergents!
(Please Keep in mind, some of our video reviews have the previous name/layouts/branding, but the gameplay is still awesome!)
Once this game is funded, we have special permission from Jasco Games to include these two Promotional UFS cards, of characters appearing in our game!
The Project Canada Team Box comes with 4x Commander Canada Promo.
The ICS Team Box comes with 1x Obsidian Jaguar Promo
13th Son: Kelley Jones has given us special permission to include his character 13th Son into the Kickstarter Exclusives! As a character, he is neither good nor evil, focusing more on his own Territory and hunting down the monsters that trespass in his domain. In the comics, he has a sort of “Living Magic” that he controls, making him extremely versatile and powerful, which is why he has the “Deity” Keyword Icon. The fact that he can be heroic or villanous is why he is a Wildcard, meaning you can play him in ANY deck! Thank You Kelley Jones for this HUGE opportunity!
Red Horizon: Jasco Games has given us special permission to include their UFS characters Nehtali and Reese into the Kickstarter Exclusives! Thank You Jason at Jasco Games for this HUGE opportunity! Check out more Red Horizon on their website: Jasco Games
The Edge: Marvin Wynn has given us special permission to include his character Blaine into the Kickstarter Exclusives! Thank You Marvin for this HUGE opportunity! Check out more The Edge on their FB Page: The Edge
Gun Ghoul: Will Calligan has given us special permission to include his character Gun Ghoul into the Kickstarter Exclusives! Thank You Will for this HUGE opportunity! Check out more The Gun Ghoul on their Page: Gun Ghoul
Neon Knight: Luca has given us special permission to include a vehicle from his game Neon Knights as an OBJECT in our game (if he funds and we fund)! Thank You Luca for this HUGE opportunity! Check out more Neon Knights on their Page: Neon Knights KS
After the kickstarter, the main way players will be able to impact the canon story of the game, create their own characters, and truly make a mark on the world of The Convergents will be through Tournament play!
- Players will play in smaller regional tournaments, making smaller world impacting votes for the different factions throughout the year.
- Two to three times a year players will be able to play in Regional Championships, eventually a World Championship Tournament, and directly impact the story, the characters, and the feel of The Convergents.
- We plan to work closely with our friends over at Jasco Games to help us create organized play events, and we will be developing Promos for you to enjoy during your weekly events!
We would like to once again say thank you to everyone for Backing us, with your help, this game will be amazing!
Make sure To Follow us on all of our different pages to unlock those social goals!
Risks and challenges
Although we have experience with project development and have reliable partners in manufacturing and publishing in the game industry, there can always be unexpected challenges in any project. Shipping, customs, manufacturing, development and other delays are possible, but we will be doing our best to mitigate those risks.
We have also tried our hand at launching a Kickstarter twice before, but due to our inexperience with marketing we were unable to succeed with our first attempts. We know that with your help this time, we can make this an amazing reality!
As a Kickstarter project, you acknowledge that this is a game in development for production and any components, art, images materials, and other game content may vary from items shown on this page. We ensure a high quality final product, and in doing so, will need to comply with the standards of manufacturing when completing the game for production.
We will be doing our best to fulfill your pledge in a timely manner but unforeseen delays are always a possibility. To help us ensure that your rewards are received as smoothly and as quickly as possible, please ensure to us that your shipping address is accurate and that you can accept all standard postal service in your country or region.
With your help, you can create the UNIVERSE!
We would like to offer a Special thanks to Kalomika Films for helping us create the cinematic!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)