Battle for the Universe - A Competitive Heroic Card Game (Canceled)
Battle for the Universe - A Competitive Heroic Card Game (Canceled)
A Competitive, Story/Player driven, Comic Themed Card game for 2 players. Build a deck, play your team, decide their fate...
A Competitive, Story/Player driven, Comic Themed Card game for 2 players. Build a deck, play your team, decide their fate... Read more
Core Starter Components Include:
- Game Box
- Quickplay Sheet
- 228 Cards (Including 2 pre-constructed decks): Collect 2 core boxes for a complete playset! (The core set comes with half of a complete playset.)
- 2 Game boards
Team Box Components Include:
- Tuck Box
- 60 Cards thematic to the Team
- Each Team Box has a unique Base, Objective, Team Leader, and other cards that make each Team Box add something new to the game.
Our friends over at Unfiltered Gamer did a Live Play through of the game. They didn't get everything right, but definitely is a fun watch. They start playing around the 20 minute mark.
Introducing players to a world in which the characters interact. Will Slab City be ruled by one Villain? Will the Heroes rescue enough civilians to save the day? What secrets are hidden in the city streets? The fate of Slab City is in your hands!
- In this game, players will create a unit of 54 cards. They will choose a Team Leader, which will determine the team the player has chosen (And has other effects unique to that Team Leader). They will choose an Objective, which tells them if they are heroic or villainous, it also determines the goal in which they need to accomplish to win the game. They will create a 40-card play deck, with characters and objects cards. Lastly, they will create a 12-card Location deck to represent where the epic battles in Slab City will take place.
- To help you get started, we've created two pre-constructed decks to choose from. Once you get the hang of the game, swap out some of the extra cards and customize your deck to suit your play style!
Battle For The Universe Has multiple paths to victory, and not all involve killing your opponent. Some players may opt to rescue civilians. Others may try to amass wealth or simply beat and bring opposing characters to justice. All of these goals are possible, and more!
The 2 Player Core Starter is Battle For The Universe and has everything you will need to start playing a game with a friend! For a more competitive experience, add in the Team Boxes and another Core Starter to make every deck possible!
- This game focuses heavily on player creativity, in that YOU construct your decks, YOU choose how you play the game. We provide the pre-constructed decks to give you an easy way to start out! After that it is up to you on how you play. Do you farm resources? Do you maximize your battle capability? Do you rush the enemy base? All of that is up to how you make your deck!
The world of Battle for the Universe is deep and rich, allowing players to impact the world through game play, this is the ultimate story driven card game.
- Right now, the future is uncertain. That, in part, is because players (through tournament play) will actually be able to influence the world, the canon, the characters, and more in huge ways! Your creative minds will have a portal through which you can be involved directly with the creation of the Universe itself!
Jasco Games has worked hard to bring you the opportunity to unlock these promos for the Universal Fighting System. These promos will only be available when we hit our funding goal! So, if you want to see BftU Crashing into UFS, or if you want to see Red Horizon BOOMING into the BftU, then let us hit that funding goal!
We know you love reviews! Check out some of the reviews we have had so far:
Our awesome friends over at Just Got Played did this review for us back in January. The game has gone through some changes, but enjoy what they had to say. Many of their suggestions have been implemented and improved upon!
Actual shipping will be collected after the campaign through our pledge manager to ensure that everyone gets a fair chance at getting the games to them safely and securely. Shipping will vary depending on stretch goals and additional rewards you select. We only charge the actual cost to ship. We do not charge any additional handling fees.
Our current estimate for shipping costs are in USD: US $15, Canada $20. Outside of that shipping varies. Please note that these are only estimates and may change as we unlock more items or if you purchase additional rewards.
We are now opening shipping to the entire world!!! If we reach certain benchmarks during and after this campaign, we plan to work with Jasco Games as a publishing partner to open up worldwide distribution and fulfillment.
For more Information about:
- Tabletopia offers a way to demo the game without having to print and play, and we have created a Demo Version pitting Project Canada vs. The I.C.S. so that you can try the game out for yourself, right now!
I am an artist and Illustrator myself. Please enjoy some of the artwork that I, along with my creative partner Raciel Avila Silva, have done for the game!
Here are some of the AMAZING works that our industry artists have already provided for the game. There are many more images, but we don't want to spoil all the fun!
After the kickstarter, the main way players will be able to impact the canon story of the game, create their own characters, and truly make a mark on the world of Battle for the Universe will be through Tournament play!
- Players will play in smaller regional tournaments, making smaller world impacting votes for the different factions throughout the year.
- Two to three times a year players will be able to play in Regional Championships and eventually a World Championship Tournament, and directly impact the story, the characters, and the feel of Battle for the Universe.
- We plan to work closely with our friends over at Jasco Games to help us create organized play events, and we will be developing Promos for you to enjoy during your weekly events!
We would like to once again say thank you to everyone for Backing us, with your help, this game will be amazing!
Risks and challenges
Although we have experience with project development and have reliable partners in manufacturing and publishing in the game industry, there can always be unexpected challenges in any project. Shipping, customs, manufacturing, development and other delays are possible, but we will be doing our best to mitigate those risks.
As a Kickstarter project, you acknowledge that this is a game in development for production and any components, art, images materials, and other game content may vary from items shown on this page. We ensure a high quality final product, and in doing so, will need to comply with the standards of manufacturing when completing the game for production.
We will be doing our best to fulfill your pledge in a timely manner but unforeseen delays are always a possibility. To help us ensure that your rewards are received as smoothly and as quickly as possible, please ensure to us that your shipping address is accurate and that you can accept all standard postal service in your country or region.
With your help, you can create the UNIVERSE!
We would like to offer a Special thanks to Kalomika Films for helping us create the cinematic!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)