Uptown Espresso & Gameporium
A real time card game for 2-4 aspiring baristas! & Help make Seattle's newest game store even better!
Funds raised through this campaign will be used to create and deliver the Uptown Espresso real-time card game.
If we fund beyond the $8,000 - we will look at adding potential stretch goals such as player GripMats, and maybe even a custom sand timer!
The Uptown Espresso Game is a real-time competitive card game in which you are acting as a barista making drinks at an Uptown Espresso Cafe.
- Game play is quick, with games lasting around 15-20 minutes
- 2-4 players.
- You will have a grid of up to 9 card stacks in front of you representing the bar, the fridge, and your line of customers. Stock up, take orders, make drinks, and ring up customers!
- Everyone takes their turn at the same time. Look out though! Unruly customers, stock deliveries, shift changes, and the occasional spilling of milk can really foil your plans.
- The first barista to earn $50 is the winner.
- 44 Order Cards
- 13 Event Cards
- 54 Back Fridge Cards
- 54 Stock Room Cards
- 1 (15) second sand timer
- Barista Guidelines (Instruction Manual)
- 4 Registers (score tracker)
Uptown Espresso has been barista tested, and approved!
Now for a few words about our new store!
For 30 years Uptown Espresso has been a small and vibrant chain of coffee shops in Seattle. Serving daily doses of heaven from their eight locations, and being recognized as one of the best coffee shops in Seattle has always been business as usual for Uptown. Now, we want to be known for something more: the place to learn and play games.
We have opened our store at the Uptown Espresso location at 3845 Delridge Way SW in West Seattle.
Last year, Break From Reality Games reached out to Uptown with a new idea: a vision of creating a place to gather and enjoy the company of friends and strangers alike. Working with Uptown Espresso made perfect sense... and thus the birth of: Uptown Espresso & Gameporium!
At Uptown Espresso & Gameporium you can expect:
- Amazing customer service
- Fantastic snacks and drinks
- Extensive Game Library - play before you buy
- Epic adventures!
- Somewhat reasonable pricing - 10% off suggested retail price
- We guarantee everything
Why Gameporium? A game store or game cafe is not enough by itself. A Gameporium creates a community of service, knowledge, and fun.
It is becoming commonplace to see people put down their video game controllers, turning off their PC monitors, and gathering around a kitchen table to enjoy each others company. The technology of board games has advanced rapidly over the last couple of decades. New game play mechanisms like deck building, and real-time play are making the board game into an engaging and exhilarating experience.
Don't know where to start? The Game Valet will be there to help by:
- Introducing you to games that you, your friends and family will love.
- Teaching you how to play.
- Making recommendations for gifts.
Check out our schedule. Come on over and meet us. We have an extensive game library and events scheduled right now. This is already your space - you just didn't know about it! Have an event you would like us to host? Send us an email: email@example.com.
Add any of these items to your pledge.
- Uptown Espresso Travel Mug / French Press - $20.00
- Copy of Uptown Espresso Game - $20.00 (Cover Art Coming Soon)
- Bag of Uptown Espresso House Blend Coffee - $20.00
USA Shipping of product is included with all levels (except $200 level which requires you to be present to receive). Please add funds to your pledge based upon where you live outside the USA.
- Canada / Mexico - Add $10
- Everywhere else - Add $15
Risks and challenges
As with any project, unforeseen circumstances can result in delay of delivery of promised rewards. Such acts of nature, chaos, and humans will be avoided as much as possible. We will keep the backers appraised of what is happening with the process as we move through the preparation for production and fulfillment. We have successfully funded and delivered on time our first project: Disaster Looms!, we have funded and are in the final weeks prior to shipping our 2nd project: Damage Report a little over a year late. And we have just concluded our third project: GripMat. The GripMat project is projecting a little late as the scope of the project went way past our expectations. This being said we have deliveries planned to finish in April. Our expectations with this project is that many of the rewards will be able to be fulfilled immediately, or as committed. As one of the rewards is the Uptown Espresso game - this is always at risk of project delays due to manufacturing, and shipping delays - and of course the unseen risks that plague every human effort.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)