You and your fellow comrades are teaming up to fend off the oncoming monsters trying to make their way back into Somberwood Citadel. You and your team have to survive the massing waves as they continue to barrage the gates. Can you survive the Onslaught?
Onslaught is a cooperative tower defense game for 1 to 6 players. Each turn more enemies will spawn, but that's ok because in between waves you can go salvaging to upgrade your turrets to make defending easier. At some point The Maker will send one elite monster, or maybe he will even show up to try to finish the job. If you can stop them then you win and have successfully driven him from his castle!
A turn is comprised of multiple phases. The first phase will have all players adding weapons or support cards to their own personal pillbox. The second phase will have monsters advance, followed by having new monsters arrive. The third phase is fending off all monsters visible. Players, in no particular order, will take turns targeting a monster they wish to shoot. If their roll is successful, they damage the monster according to their weapon. If they miss, nothing happens and another player may shoot. Instead of shooting, a player may support a teammate with one of their shots adding extra accuracy. These steps repeat until the elite monster is defeated causing the players to win, or until a single monster has re-entered the citadel causing the players to lose and have to try again another day.
The game is broken down into three phases which will repeat until the boss, that the players choose, has been defeated. Lets take a look at each phase quickly.
1. Scavenge: During this phase players will draw item cards and add components to their outpost in the hopes of helping the team defeat the oncoming monsters.
2. Monster: This phase consists of the monsters advancing towards the citadel's gates. After the monsters advance, new monsters will appear.
3. Fend Off: The third phase is where the players take turns using actions to either shoot or support as they collectively attempt to defeat the waves of monsters.
There are four pledge levels in this project. The pledge levels are:
- A Special Thanks
- Base Version (Early Backer)
- Base Version
- Retail Backer
The levels other than "A Special Thanks" all come with the same version of the game along with all unlocked stretch goals. Early backers all receive a signed copy of the game as a way to show my appreciation for your early support in making this project a reality. Retail backers MUST provide proof of a Brick and Mortar store. Now, let's take a look at what comes in the box.
- With 100 new likes on our Facebook page, 1 new monster (2 copies) will be unlocked!
- Our Facebook page has had over 100 likes and has discovered Carbuncle! Carbuncle is a force to be reckoned with and is difficult to slow down, but if teamwork is there, this monster can be easily handled!
- With 75 additional likes on our Facebook page, 1 new monster (3 copies) will be unlocked!
- With sharing the Kickstarter post 35 time, 1 new weapon (2 copies) will be added!
- The Cannon has been added! This heavy hitting weapon will be able to pack a punch, but will only be able to hit the targets accurately when they get up close and personal.
- With sharing our Kickstarter posts an additional 15 times, 1 new weapon (2 copies) will be found and added to the citadel!
- The Chaingun has been discovered and has vastly improved the firepower that the outposts can muster! This weapon can continue to shoot until it misses or jams, a great tool to add to the array of weapons currently available.
- If this goal is met, a new monster lurking about the citadel will be discovered (2 copies) to add extra challenge to every game!
- If $5000 is reached for our project, 1 new boss (3 cards) will become available to select when selecting which boss to fight!
Keep your eyes out because as the project progresses we may have more stretch goals added!
US single game pledge - $6
Rest of world single game pledge - $17
US retail pledge - $12
Rest of world retail pledge - $25
Anyone curious for a read through of our current, work in progress rulebook, please utilize the link below. If you have any questions or thoughts, please reach out to us. We are more than happy to listen to your feedback.
First of all let’s address the big question on everyone’s mind. No, we did not misspell Boll. It’s a play on the fact that this was started by 3.5 brothers who all share a last name of Boll. There is Bruce, Dave, Adam, and the half is Justin (he and his fiancee are marrying in to the Boll family). Together we have been gaming since back in the day (which as a fun fact was a Tuesday). It doesn’t matter if we are playing tabletop rpgs, all day gaming sessions of games that never seem to end, or just short quick games with our kids, it’s always as a family. That’s what we want to bring to the table, all of those experiences and the same joy and fun we experience as a family to others. We have a passion for creating the best possible product we can, and delivering it to anyone and everyone that shows a minor interest!
If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact us in the Kickstarter comment section, or by email at email@example.com. We appreciate all feedback and look forward to hearing from you!
Risks and challenges
There are very low risks with this as most of the game is done and ready to go. The only real obstacle will be keeping our printer on target to make sure the game goes out on time.
The other more intangible risks revolve around this being our first kickstarter. Making sure that we communicate properly to our backers, ensuring that our deadline is met properly, keeping our back end logistics up to date, and handling distribution ourselves.
We plan to be in weekly communication with our printers to make sure that everything is going smoothly and if something isn't then we will be able to make that announcement right away. Which brings us to communication. We plan to have monthly communications about the project, unless there is something noteworthy in which case we will send that information out as soon as we have it. Based on our projected volume we feel like we are well within our means to handle distribution ourselves. However if it wildly outpaces our expectations we will look in to other means.
Most importantly, making sure our information is up to date. This is a two way street. We will be double and triple checking our records with what we have been provided. That said if something changes for you PLEASE let us know right away. Our goal is to share our game with you as hassle free as possible, so we don't want to send your game to the wrong place!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)