What's this all about?
Through Beyond The Brick, co-hosts Joshua Hanlon and Matthew Kay conduct weekly video interviews with LEGO fans from across the United States and around the world. Joshua and Matthew have decided to step out from behind the computer screen and into the real world to bring you coverage from Brickworld Chicago 2015!
Conventions like Brickworld Chicago allow LEGO fans to gather in one location for a weekend to share their passion for the brick.
All of the video on this DVD will only be available through our Kickstarter project. It will not be posted on the Beyond the Brick YouTube page.
Everyone who supports the project at the $20 level or above will receive a digital download of the DVD content in addition to the DVD itself.
Whether you attend Brickworld Chicago 2015 in person or not, this Kickstarter project is for you!
What's on the DVD?
- Over an hour of high-quality, edited videos from the Brickworld Chicago 2015 convention floor that will only be available on the DVD.
- One-on-one interviews with some of the world's most talented LEGO builders.
- Video coverage of convention events, such as the speed build and the LEGO grand prix.
- Get an inside peek into how builders prepare and set up for Brickworld Chicago.
- Anything and everything else that catches our eye at the convention.
- The goal of this project is to raise funds to produce a DVD containing our coverage of Brickworld Chicago 2015, as such our main goal is to presell DVDs.
- We've also partnered with some luminaries of the LEGO community to offer you a slew of special rewards!
- A custom Minifig made by Shilo Parker from ChocoBricks Customs!
- A one-of-a-kind Batman character sketch built by Chris McVeigh!
- A LEGO pop-up book with a castle-themed insert and a space-themed insert built by Grant Davis!
- Custom build by Tyler Clites!
Once we achieve and exceed our funding goals, we'll add in these amazing rewards!
$3,500 - Everyone who supports the project at the $30 level or above will receive a "Special FX" pack designed by BrickForge!
$4,500 - Everyone who supports the project at the $30 level or above will receive a BrickForge pack and a special custom Beyond the Brick Minifig designed by EclipseGrafx!
Where do the funds from this project go?
- Equipment such as lights, cameras, and microphones to record video.
- Supplies like jewel cases and discs to produce a DVD that we can send to you.
- We'll also be using the money we raise to get all of our other fabulous rewards out.
Check out some of our videos from Brickworld Chicago 2014!
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge will be interviewing as many incredible builders and capturing as much video of the event as we can.
If we do a good job getting lots of video, we'll then have the challenge of editing everything into something fantastic for you to watch! This part is sure to require a lot of coffee.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)