The Self Journal is a powerful yet simple daily planner to help you structure your day, enjoy life, and reach your goals quicker than you thought possible.
The idea for Self Journal was sparked when Allen and I left our day jobs to focus trying to run and grow our entrepreneurial business ventures. After a while it felt like we were on a treadmill, working everyday but not getting anywhere. We’d feel busy but not productive. We’d get to the end of the day and feel unclear on what we accomplished that really mattered.
We needed a change. So we started researching the most successful high-performing people in the world to figure out what we were missing. We read a ton of books...
Among many other things we learned what differentiates outstanding performers from the average person is an ability to plan, effectively execute and track progress. They create daily rituals for success. When we modelled these principles, hacks and rituals for ourselves things started to turn around in a big way.
Our goal with SELF journal has been simple; to create something that lends itself to making success inevitable - through planning, execution and measurement.
The Self Journal was crafted to support you on affecting your behavior today which is why we focus on hitting your goals 3 months (13 weeks at a time).
Why only 3 months you ask?
So many of us set new years resolutions but don't follow through. Setting yearly goals allows you the time to put things off, nevermind that life can change a lot in a year. Setting yourself a 3 month goal gives you time to accomplish something, but not so much that you'll procrastinate on it. The Self Journal uses proven systems that help you perform at your best every single day through more effective execution.Why only 3 months you ask?
By applying this system to your life you'll have more focus and a sense of urgency on working on the things that really matter to you.
Read more about the effectiveness of shorter term goals here:
Share Our Kickstarter Campaign and Get a Free PDF Bundle on Morning Routines, 13-Week Goal & the 20 Mile March. Here's How it Works: We want to spread the word on Self Journal far and wide so we can help as many people as possible hit their goals. In order to get your free PDF bundle, click the big button below:
Thanks for your support! We really appreciate it.
- 13-Week Roadmap: Goal setting guide to help you define your goal, break it down and take action on it day by day, week by week
- 20 Mile March: A strategy for success; how to take consistent action on goals
- Morning Routine: How to set your day off right
- Evening Routine: How to reflect and recharge to wake up productive
- Weekly Layout for habit tracking and reflection on progress, learnings & steps for improvement
- Daily Pages to complete everyday for 13 weeks (3 months)
- Daily Timeline: This runs from 6am - 9pm and is broken down into 30 minute increments
- Flexible & Free: Everything was left undated so you never feel left behind. This isn’t about waiting until January 1st to make a change like most planners make us do. We want you to start today.
- Gratitude: To cultivate a habit of gratitude for each morning and evening.
- Goal: Writing your goal each day will ensure it's firmly lodged in your subconscious
- Today's Targets: Your priorities for the day
- Quote: Use these words to motivate you into action
- Wins: Space to keep you focused, recognizing your daily achievements and looking for the positive in every day
- Lessons learned: Where is there room for improvement/What did you learn today?
Blank Grid that you can use to take notes, sketch, journal or brainstorm in
- Habit Tracking: Whether it's exercising, drawing or another activity you want to build into a habit. This space allows you to set weekly goals and track it.
- Blank Grid Page: A free space to take notes, sketch, journal or brainstorm in
- Visual Goal Tracker: So you always know where you are in accordance with hitting your goal.
We believe in the Self Journal system and structure, and have worked on perfecting every page, line and dot to make a product you can use and succeed every day with. In keeping with the SELF Journal structure, we kept the rewards pretty minimal also and appreciate everyone who shares our vision in using it to help in becoming your best self.
Full Genuine Leather Slip Case that will carry your SELF Journal in style.
Curious about cover quality?
Have no fear, we’re working with Satchel & Page based out of Austin, Texas on creating this custom-sized cover. Here’s everything you can expect:
- It’s 4 oz. full-grain cowhide leather means it will get better the longer you use it
- Drum dyed with a blend of oils and waxes to allow the dye to fully penetrate the leather (unlike cheaper leathers which are only tanned on the surface)
- Gently tumbled so the leather has a soft, supple feel
- The cover is die cut to ensure perfect accuracy and fit of every SELF journal
- Option for personal monogramming available!
Making this project has been a dream come true for us, I really hope that this will help you in your future projects and with your work like it has for me. Let's dream big! Thank you so much for checking out my project and your support is greatly appreciated!
This journal is for people like you, creators, thinkers and entrepreneurs who always aim to improve yourselves and the world around you. Our long-term vision is to create a community where people like you, creators, designers, thinkers and entrepreneurs can work together and hold each other accountable to becoming the best version of ourselves.
We’re a believer in Alan Weiss’ “One Percent Solution” — the concept that if you aim to improve your business or yourself by 1% each day, in only 70 days you’ll be twice as good as you are now. Let's work together to make SelfJournal that turns dreams into reality across the world!
Risks and challenges
Manufacturing a high-quality journal like this is a big undertaking that involves a lot of scheduling, prep time and extremely high attention to detail. We'll be working with a few manufacturers for the different parts of the journal to ensure all parts are arranged properly, from getting the right premium paper to the navy cloth cover to the bookmark materials to the packaging materials.
Our challenge include ensuring each and every SELF journal is finished to the quality of workmanship we are promising to backers and delivered to your door in the time we specified. Once the journals are manufactured we have them delivered to our warehouse in MN where we will ship them to our backers across the world.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)