About this project
We are raising funds from people like you to make an Art Book about Nepal in 2 different formats:
✪ One for you. An exclusive printed edition only available for backers during the active period of this campaign. Order it here
✪ One for the world. A free promotional ebook to promote tourism in Nepal. Specially designed for tablets and laptops. Download it here.
The earthquake and subsequent aftershocks of April 2015 were a tragic episode in the history of Nepal. But the idea of Apocalypse that mass media have shown us is not as real as it seems. They gave full coverage to the tragedy and that helped the whole world begin a major aid campaign. But they forgot they were also destroying one of the most important parts of the Nepalese economy: tourism. And the fact is that Nepal remains an exotic, magical and wonderful destination. Even after the quake.
"Tourism generates each year about 335 million dollars for the country. It is estimated that the money every tourist spend maintain 10 or 11 Nepalese" Lonely Planet
✈ TRAVEL & BOOK
If the project is successful I will travel to Nepal for 6 weeks to do the inspiration part: illustrations, sketches, explore the Nepali culture, etc.... On the way back I will start the working part: finish the illustrations, texts and prepare your rewards.
My name is Bernat Moreno and I am an illustrator. I have self-published a couple of illustrated books: IBIZA! and I ❤ Mistakes. As a result I have had the honor of participating in a newsletter campaign for the Canary Islands (Spain) and I witnessed the value of Art to promote tourism.
In 2008 I traveled to Nepal and I was impressed by the exuberance of its natural environment and the warmth of the nepalese people. If the project is successful I will return to do the book.
This project is funded by people like YOU. The book is not done yet and needs a strong investment that I can not face alone. The best of all is that your contribution have a reward:
- THE EBOOK From 2€ The full ebook of Nepal specially designed for tablets and laptops + Your name in web and ebook (PDF - 120 pages - English and spanish) + Thank you!
- THE BOOK from 20€ An exclusive and limited edition of the book, only available for backers of this project (Hardcover- 120 pages - 21x 13 cm - English/Spanish) + Full ebook + Your name in web, book and ebook + Thank you!
- I LOVE YOU PACK from 29€ 5 small prints with the best illustrations of the book printed in high quality paper (370gr - 21x13cm) + The book + Full ebook + Your name in web, book and ebook + Thank you!
- ORIGINAL WATERCOLOR from 90€ - One of the original watercolors used to illustrate the book, you can choose your favorite (watercolor and ink - 370gr - 21x13 cm aprox) + 5 small prints + The book + Full ebook + Your name in web, book and ebook + Thank you!
- ONLY BOOKSTORES from 65€ 5 Books + 5 Pocket Art Prints + Full ebook + Special thank you as a bookstore in web, book and ebook + Thank you!
- Sponsor from 250€ - Your advertising in the free ebook edition (Clickable ad - English and spanish editions) + Your logo (clickable) on this page. + A copy of the free ebook with your logo on the cover + 3 books + Acknowledgements in website, book and ebook + Thank you!
A book halfway between an Art book, a Travel guide and a Souvenir.
As a good Urban Sketcher, I must travel to Nepal to do the illustrations (I like to draw on site). But I have prepared some illustrations to let you know what the book could look like.
Special thanks to Berta Tilmantaite for allowing me to use some of her photographs to be illustrated by hand. Also to Mak and Lara Moore for helping me with translation.
Aina Santiago, Ainhoa García, Albert Herrero, Alejandra Vigil, Alicia Fernández, Andreas, Andrés Gascón, Amparo, Andrea Bermejo, Andrea García, André Kishimoto, Andy Aw, Angels RP, Anna Viadas, Araceli, Arantxa, Ariel Koh Qing Wen, Bárbara Gauss (Gauss Moda), Braden Hassett, Brenden Fulton, Brian Chia, C. Brown, Carles Bellver, Carme Brun Gasca, Carmina Villar, Charis Charalambous, Charlotte Hillery, Christina García, CCM, Clara Bonet, Codi, Cristelle Chirwa, Daniel Torán (Nepal Aventura), Daniel Utrillas, David Aubert, David Eladio García, David Platero, David, Diego Lodeiros, Domingo Almendros, Eduardo Martínez, Elepalmonte, Elia Fernández, Eliza Gatzka, Elle, Esther Furio, Estitxu Aberasturi, Eva López, Eva Maria de la Peña, Eva Torregrosa, F. Marco, Fernando Vilella, Ferran, Gonzalo Grau, Guillermo Pérez, Guillermo Savall, Helena, Hugo Lada, Ideas Helicoidales, Ignacio Huertos, Ion Lera, Irene van der Meer, Irene, Isaboh, Ivan Sancho, Jaime Climent, Jennifer Fry, Joaquim, Joaquin Cogollos, John Peak, John S. Gagne, Jonnhy Vale, Jordi, Jorge Navarro, Jose V., Josh Maynard, Juan Diego MB, Juanjo Ribas (Greetings from Ibiza), Jule Fischer, Kelly Sharp, Ken Vui Yap, Kevin Myers, Kiddow, Kike Sanchis, Laia Llorens, Len Ahgeak, Leong Kum Hoo, Mahmoud Saleh, Manuel Manzano, Marc, María Cruz, María José, Mariana R., Mario Herrero, Mario Martinez, Mateo Berton, Matthew Mueller, Mercedes Ros, Meridian Azura, Michael Reilly, MicroST, Michael Otto, Miguel Angel Cañamás, Miguel Berbegall, Mireia Muñoz, Nerea Gezuraga, Nick Powley, Noé Martí, Nuria Mulet, Olimpia Román, Omar Argentino, Oscar Segarra, Pablo J. Bermejo, Paloma Sanchez, Paolo Barbato, Paul & Catherine Charlier, Pedro Ferrer, Pedro Sánchez, Pere Devesa, Rafael Alemany, Rafael Navarro (Hermesan) Raquel Pérez, Ramonet, Reyes García (Come Ibiza), Rosa Martínez, Rosana Marsiñach, Salvador Pascual, Sandra Perujo, Sara Prieto, Sara, Serafín Moreno, Situate, Sue Hardy, Susana Michelena, Susanna Orsi, Teoh (Parka Blogs), Tona Gafarot, Valentí Acconcia (Vanacco), Vicent Llorca, X, Xavier Palau, Xenia, Yasmin Stopford, Yoana.
Thanks for visiting, sharing and backing this project. See you at Nepal!
Risks and challenges
This is my third crowdfunding project (the first on kickstarter). I learned a lot from the previous, most importantly: everything is always slower than you planned. I hope to give all the rewards in time but if still I do not get it, I hope you don´t mind waiting a little. Surely the result is worth it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (60 days)