A homeless couple in crisis break into an empty house, sparking an unexpected journey.
How far would you go to make sure the one you love survives?
Update for July 14! ALL BACKERS can now see the FIRST EIGHT MINUTES!
Pledge now to watch!
Public Update for July 17 ----------> Thank you from Paul & Wonder!
Public Update for July 15 -----------> Closet Raiders
Public Update for July 14 -------> The Sound of Our Vision
New Interview with The MacGuffinCast!
The Summer Home
Who are we?
The Summer Home is directed by Kris and Lindy Boustedt (Writers & Directors, Perfect 10), written by Wonder Russell (Executive Producer & Actor, Connect To), and Kris & Lindy Boustedt, cinematography on the RED by Ty Migota, (Director & Cinematographer, Us Ones In Between), original music by award winning composer Eric Goetz, and features Wonder Russell and Paolo Vitulli. All of us are hardworking indie filmmakers whose past projects have shown around the world - and we're excited to combine our powers to bring you this latest endeavor. It's beautiful, it's gritty, it's an example of the stubborn indie spirit that "makes it happen." Yay!
Why this film?
We wanted to tell a story as simply as possible, using one main location and almost no dialgoue. We wanted the music of the characters to come alive. We wanted to create a complex relationship between the protagonists, and between the audience. We wanted to move you. We wanted to make you hurt. We wanted to give you hope. This is our film....for you!
Indie films are a labor of love...
...and impossible to make without your help! That's why we're turning to you. To finish The Summer Home, all donations will go to:
* Color correction to make every red throb and every black burn
* Sound design: the ocean, the crackle of fire, the crinkle of a smile
* Creating and recording an original score; This is crucial given that there are only about 5 lines of dialogue in the entire film - music will carry the film and create tone and mood. It's vital, and we have an award winning composer on board!
* Editing - this is the 2/3 iceberg that lurks below the surface and sinks many a well-intentioned film! :)
* 10% fees to Kickstarter and Amazon - you never raise as much as it appears. ;)
* Outstanding production costs including camera and lights rental, food and lodging for the crew, props, sfx makeup, and costumes.
* Festival entry fees. Hello Park City!
What's cool about donating?
We have some awesome rewards for backers! We will create haiku's in your honor, invite you to the screening, put your name in the credits, send you impossible-to-get DVDs our last films, CD's of original music, and much more!
A film is really a year-long commitment, so please, join us. Come along for the ride. Travel to festivals with us. Cheer your film on! That's the coolest part about donating. We won't let you down. :)I want my haiku and my lullaby. Now what happens?
According to the code of Kickstarter, your credit card will not be charged until
1) Our deadline runs out as the sands of time drift through the cruel hourglass
2) We hit our much hoped-for goal. You can see both of these to the right.
If we don't hit our goal, we get no funds. No cards are charged. No rewards are sent. Everyone is very sad. We drink champagne anyway and try again.
But we're not going to let that happen.
And that's where we depend on you to reach your network!
Everyone has a sphere of influence, and when they combine, super powers are activated. Please, please, please share the widget, sound the barbaric yawp of your involvement, link to this page and make up audacious lies about us on Twitter! Let's go out with a bang! Please help us spread the word. IT'S FREE. :)
How do I stalk you?
I thought you'd never ask! There are so many ways.
Like The Summer Home on Facebook: www.facebook.com/thesummerhome
Follow Wonder : www.twitter.com/@bellawonder
Follow Kris & Lindy : www.twitter.com/@krisandlindy
Follow Paul : www.twitter.com/@pmsebastiano
Kris & Lindy's Production Company: www.firstsightproductions.com
Email: bellawonder [at] gmail [dot] com!
Let's get started!
Thank you for reading this, thank you for championing us!! Together, we can make The Summer Home a reality. Let's do this!
- (35 days)