Quite simply, we believe in the incredible potential of girls to be agents of change for themselves, their families, the communities they live in and the world. How can we realize this potential? By addressing what is a fundamental human right: Empower girls to manage their bodies with dignity and choice every day of the month so they can go to school and participate in life. We have the solution, the girls are ready - now it comes down to you.
Are you ready to change your undies for good? Go to the green “Back this Project” button and join the movement because every girl should feel proud to "be girl."
Empowerment is rooted in choice which is why you can choose an underwear that fits your lifestyle. No matter which EmpowerPanty model you choose, you give a BeGirlPanty to a girl that needs one.
Our goal is simple: To empower every girl with choice and dignity every day of the month so she can go to school and realize her potential. The EmpowerPanty is a vehicle of change that puts a BeGirlPanty in the hands of every girl needing appropriate menstrual protection.
Get one, give one underwear: Change your undies for good.
The universal experience of menstruation creates an informal bond among women and girls. We think it’s time to use that sisterhood to have a game-changing impact in the lives of millions of girls!
About the Rewards:
• Be Girl will ship for FREE within the US via USPS.
• Our default world-wide shipping method will also be USPS for a flat fee of $25, however these will not include tracking information. We will gladly make alternative shipping arrangements with tracking at additional cost if needed.
• Sizes and Colors: At the end of the campaign, EmpowerPanty backers will receive a survey requesting their choice of color and size.
• Virtual Updates: We will keep you posted on where and when your sponsored panties are sent and tell you about the the girls you empower. • Personalized Album: A handcrafted compilation of pictures and letters that capture the stories, faces and beautiful culture of the girls you empower through your support.
• Be Girl Ambassador: Included in the reward are all the traveling expenses to join the Be Girl crew in one of our upcoming product distributions and empowerment workshops to be deployed in Ethiopia, Colombia, Nepal and Ghana.
Our Heartfelt Thank You!
It's hard to capture in words the immense gratitude we feel toward our team, family, friends and supporters who believe as strongly as we do that leveling the playing field for girls matters. It is because of your help along the way that our dream is becoming a reality.
As we look back on this amazing journey and everybody that has helped Be Girl get to this point, we gain perspective on the why credit reels at the end of movies are so long (even if nobody watches them). Launching this Kickstarter campaign feels like we won an "Oscar," so here goes nothing:
We want to acknowledge and thank everyone (even the person whose job was to maintain a steady supply of coffee), because Be Girl is something special that has been woven together through the collaboration of many fantastic and selfless people. We are grateful for everyone that has helped us get here!
We would like to extend special thanks to:
• Wendy and Gunnar – for holding our hands and jumping down the rabbit hole.
• Halcyon Incubator, Dr. Kuno, Ryan, Kate and David – for giving us the amazing opportunity to take this project to the next level.
• Marni, Sophie, Tessie, Khalil, Gouri, Tracey and Gillette- for being the most amazing and caring advisors we could only dream of.
• Ami A. – for pushing the envelope and helping us see the big picture.
• Tim, Brendan, Eriss, Pablo and Sergio– for the incredible film, photography, and their tireless patience and unwavering dedication to telling our story to the world.
• Courtney, Laura & Laura, Vedra, Ayanna, Kristen, Paola, Andrea and Jasellynne – our beautiful talent and artists.
• Charita for her amazing skills in solving the toughest creative puzzles and to Alberto and Tony, and the CURVE ID for their immense support.
• To Pradeep, Jerry, John, Courtney, Nate and the dedicated team from Deloitte who helped us reach clarity.
• To the 1000+ people who have already donated BeGirlPanties though our EmpowerBank and partner programs. Your support has enabled more than 10,000 panties to reach girls in the Solomon Islands, Morocco, Somalia, Ethiopia and many more places far and wide.
• The Be Girl Team: Maria Paula, Victoria and Stephanie; and our amazing volunteers, Sophie, Saron, Laura and Luzia.
• Last but not least, from the bottom of our hearts and with unabashed appreciation, we would like to thank our families. Period.
Risks and challenges
The Be Girl Team has extensive manufacturing and fulfillment experience. Despite our expertise and careful planning, there are risks to this project.
/// We believe that creating equality within gender is fundamental to achieving equality between genders. /// It is one of our core values. That is why the product given to a girl in need is made by us and adheres to the same strict quality and performance standards found across all our products. What you get is what you give - no compromises, third-parties or corners cut. We call that “First-Degree Impact” because everyone deserves the same quality and performance when managing menstruation regardless of their circumstances. This means that if our established manufacturing partners or materials suppliers can not deliver within the necessary timeframe, then we will let you know while we work on a solution that meets our quality and value standards.
/// Transparency is part of our ethos. Impact tracking and ongoing assessments of our products and distribution programs are standard operating procedures./// This means that properly vetting partners to distribute the BeGirlPanty and collecting field data on the impact takes time. This process has some variables that are beyond our control. However, we plan for it to take 3 months after the campaign to put products in the hands of the girls and an additional 3-6 months to collect and communicate the impact results to you. We will send you exclusive backer updates as this process unfolds so that you can learn about the partner organizations and see the girls who are benefiting from your support. Check out the FAQs to see how our distribution program works.
/// We are a small company with big aspirations./// That means if the response to this campaign far exceeds our goal, fulfillment of our rewards to you may take longer than expected. In order to plan for this contingency, we are committing to delivering your rewards to you within 120 days. The only exception to this is the "Early Bird - EmpowerPanty - Everyday" rewards, which will be filled immediately upon reaching our campaign goal.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)