About this project
Link to website: BeauGen.com
At BeauGen, we are committed to bringing mom-inspired innovation to life.
That's why we spent several months collaborating with hundreds of moms to discover solutions for a more comfortable breast pumping experience.
We're super excited to announce that we've created a product that will forever improve the way moms feel during each pumping session.
Now all we need is your help to bring this product to life.
It's called Perfect Latch, a breast pump accessory that is designed to gently conform to the mom's nipple and areola while fitting into any breast pump shield.
Once in place, the pumping mom will notice how Perfect Latch cushions their nipple and areola, stretches along with their skin, and acts as a friction barrier.
We sent our prototypes to our lovely mom testers all around the country to better understand and solve for their needs.
What we ended up with was a mom-tested and mom-approved solution.
With Perfect Latch, breast pumping can be really, truly comfortable.
It’s a teeny-tiny luxury that will make every pumping mom feel like a queen - because she deserves it!
Why We Need Your Support
As crowdfunding may be new to most of you, we'd like to briefly explain how it works:
- IDEA: Projects on Kickstarter begin with a creative idea, concept and/or prototype that a talented team wants to turn into a real product if they can raise enough money, or funding.
- FUNDING: Before the team can start to produce the product, they determine how much they need in funding from the crowd to create the product in a professional manner (e.g. manufacturing).
- CROWD: Through Kickstarter, the team is able to attract a crowd of small-scale investors/backers (such as yourself) to help fund the project in exchange for a reward.
- REWARD: In exchange for investors' monetary contributions, the team provides either non-product or product based rewards. The most common reward is the new product itself. That is, only if the project reaches is funding goal.
- GOAL: Each crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing effort. Only if project teams reach or exceed their funding goal (in our case, $25,000) will the investors/backers be charged, project team receive funding, and rewards be delivered.
Production and Delivery Timeline
Once we reach or exceed our funding goal, the timeline for producing and delivering Perfect Latch is as follows:
- December 11, 2015 - Yay! Successfully Funded on Kickstarter!
- December 30, 2015 - All "Digital Hug" Rewards Delivered
- January 15, 2016 - Injection Mold Tooling Complete
- January 29, 2016 - Tooling Setup and Initial Test Runs
- February 15, 2016 - Commence First Production Run
- February 29, 2016 - Complete First Production Run
- March 15, 2016 - Quality Assurance and Adjustments Complete
- March 25, 2016 - Commence Delivery for VIP Rewards First
- April 29, 2016 - Commence Delivery for all other Rewards
- May 31, 2016 - All Rewards Delivered!
We would like to thank all of our wonderful Mommy Innovation group testers for all your ideas, feedback, and middle of the night discussions over the past several months. There are too many of you to list here but you all know who you are!
Last but not least, thank you Carlos for all the blood, sweat, and tears that you literally shed while helping us to bring the many Perfect Latch prototypes to life. We couldn't have made it this far without you!
What are you waiting for? Say YES to comfort and a better breast pumping experience by backing our Perfect Latch campaign today!
Note: Check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section below and don't hesitate to use the Contact me link above for any additional questions.
Risks and challenges
We have worked closely with expert manufacturing and design teams to complete the prototyping and testing phases of our project over the past several months. As a result, we now have the final design for the injection mold for Perfect Latch. Still, we recognize there are always risks involved with taking an idea from the prototype stage into the production stage.
MANUFACTURING: Creating robust and accurate tooling to manufacture any product requires expert knowledge to get it right. On average, it could take up to 6 weeks lead time to create the hardened steel molds for a product like Perfect Latch and this is where delays could occur. To minimize that possibility we've selected tooling manufacturers with a track record for prompt quality. Also, Perfect Latch is a single piece of material with an adhesive layer. By designing out all moving parts and the add-on pieces from our earlier prototypes, we've simplified the manufacturing process which will help to lower the defect rate and speed up our quality assurance process.
PRODUCT ADJUSTMENTS: While Perfect Latch is a relatively simple product (no electronics or moving parts) minor adjustments may still be required to improve the final product. A first sample run will ensure that we get the process right before our full scale production run. We will provide updates as we reach the first sample stage to let you know why the adjustments are being made (if any) and to confirm that we are still on track for timely delivery of the backer rewards.
FULFILLMENT: Anybody who has ever had to wait longer than expected for a package to arrive knows that fulfillment can be a challenge in addition to production. Delays typically are caused by: a supplier is delayed, the manufacturing tooling requires repair, or a shipment gets lost in the mail. To minimize these types of delays we have identified back-up suppliers for the TPE material and backup manufacturers in case volume spikes over our forecast or in case of natural disaster.
Rest assured we will be working with manufacturers who have years of experience delivering high quality products in larger volumes than our maximum predicted demand for Perfect Latch.
Any pledge amount brings us one step closer to our goal. Help us make the Perfect Latch a reality for all those deserving moms out there by choosing a reward that best suits your needs, and by helping us to spread the word by sharing our Kickstarter page with your friends, family, and broader network.
As always, we THANK YOU for time, attention, and support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)