About this project
New Update!! Our Production is Underway...
One of the thousand face's
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
Beats Antique here and, as you can tell from the video above, we're embarking on an enormous project with some of our favorite artists from the San Francisco Bay Area.
As fans of the band know, we've never done things in the traditional way - whether its our music, our live shows, and even how we've done business as a band. We've never been on a major record label, and in fact, we are our own record label. We've gotten here today because our fans have supported us all these years through this long and awesome journey.
While being independent allows us to be unrestricted in our creative process, we do run into some problems.. Sometimes our artistic ambition are damped due to the lack of resources from not being on a major record label (which could stifle our ability to create awesome stuff for you).
We're turning to you for support!! Help us create one of the most mind transforming and revolutionary live experiences we've ever attempted.
We are collaborating with our friends at Obscura Digital, a creative technology studio specializing in the design of immersive and interactive experiences (they’ve done work with the Guggenheim Museum, Google, and the United Arab Emirates). Their team is fast at work creating custom technologies and content for a live stage production that will come together with our new album, A Thousand Faces - a musical journey constructed note for note that weaves together music, choreography, and state of the art video projection. Spearheading the creative components of our project is director Ivan Landau, a personal friend of ours who brings an atypical approach to storytelling and a unique visual style.
The heart of A Thousand Faces is Joseph Cambell's "The Hero's Journey" where he explores the monomyth of all cultures. The album combined with our video production brings this story to life, making each member of our audience the hero. We promise this to be a multi dimensional experience you have yet to truly experience from Beats Antique. But you may be asking...
Where does the money go?
The majority of your donations will go towards properly compensating the artists who have been working diligently to create both the stage design and video content for the show.
Any additional money we raise for our project will go towards commissioning more artistic projects featuring various people from the around the world. Projects will include new additional art projections for our live show, new music videos, and even interactive online content explaining the hero's journey.
What do you get for donating?
We are offering a bunch of awesome prizes for your donation to the campaign. Check out each pledge reward in the column to the right. They include:
- A pre-order of our new album A Thousand Faces - in digital, vinyl, and a deluxe CD that includes remixes of a few tracks from a few of our friends.
- A bunch of merch packages: exclusive Beats Antique Britta eco-friendly water bottles, a Kickstarter poster, and photobook made by photographer collaborators.
- Exclusive Prizes: Take music lessons with the band, get a custom video poem, or take a flight to Oakland to get a sneak peak of our new production!
All pledges over $5 will receive a sticker showing your support for the project and donations over $30 will get a chance to download all of the albums we've ever written. And remember, all the money goes to supporting this project and our local bay area collaborators.
Where will we be touring?
The grand unveiling and the complete integration with our new art concept album 'A Thousand Faces' will take place this Fall for the following dates:
- 10/3 Salt Lake City, UT The Depot
- 10/4 Boise, ID Knitting Factory
- 10/5 Bozeman, MT Hush Hush @ Kountz Arena
- 10/6 Jackson Hole, WY Pink Garter Theater
- 10/9 Lincoln, NE Bourbon Theatre
- 10/10 Iowa City, IA The Blue Moose Tap House
- 11/11 Springfield, IL Donnie’s Homespun
- 10/12 Columbia, MO The Blue Note
- 10/15 Charlotte, NC The Chop Shop
- 10/16 Chattanooga, TN Track 29
- 10/17 Asheville, NC Orange Peel
- 10/18 Biloxi, MS Biloxi Civic Center
- 10/19 Ozark, AR Harvest Music Festival
- 10/22 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
- 10/23 Millvale, PA Mr. Smalls Theatre
- 10/24 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of Living Arts
- 10/25 New York, NY Irving Plaza
- 10/26 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
- 10/27 Burlington, VT Higher Ground
- 10/31 Minneapolis, MN Mill City Nights
- 11/1 Chicago, IL Vic Theatre
- 11/2 Madison, WI Majestic Live
- 11/6 Houston, TX Fitzgerald’s Upstairs
- 11/7 Austin, TX Emo’s East
- 11/8 Dallas, TX Trees
- 11/9 Tulsa, OK Cain’s Ballroom
- 11/13 Santa Ana, CA Yost Theater
- 11/14 San Diego, CA House of Blues
- 11/15 Los Angeles, CA The Fonda Theater
- 11/16 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
- 11/17 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
Thank you so much for your donation!
We could never be where we are today without you guys. Every dollar you donate will make this project that's so close to our hearts a reality. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you this fall.
- BEATS ANTIQUE - (David, Zoe and Tommy)
Risks and challenges
This is our second Kickstarter campaign, and we've learned a lot from the first one. Our album is already recorded and finishing the final touches in production, and our live show is already in the middle of production set to be ready by our fall tour starting in October.
We promise to work diligently to fulfill all our orders for the campaign and have the full Beats Antique team working to make sure albums are delivered and dinners are had.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)