On June 30, 1908, near Tunguska, Siberia, a mysterious explosion flattened hundreds of square miles of forest. Eyewitnesses alternately described a ball of fire falling from the sky, or the sky opening up and pouring out fire. An orange glow in the sky was visible for days, as far away as Western Europe. Although the cause is still unknown, the consequence is clear. Magic was reawakened. Traditional native cultures and occultists were the first to notice, but it soon became common knowledge.
Immediately after the Tunguska event, hundreds of energy portals appeared across the globe. Their opening was usually preceded by strange or intense weather: Egypt experienced massive sandstorms, there were snow flurries in the Arizona desert in mid-summer, and in the Bavarian Forest, it rained trout for 2 hours. There are hundreds of these gates, mostly in rural areas. Most only exist for one week of the month, during the week of the full moon. There are 6 known permanent gates; one in Siberia at ground zero of the event, one deep in the Painted Desert in Arizona, one in the Bavarian Forest in east-central Bavaria, another in India, one near the ruins of Karnak, Egypt, and one in Manchuria.
Battlefield Press presents Kaisers Gate. This alternate history, genre-blending setting for the Savage Worlds game system presents a fantastic take on World War One - combining the gritty battlefields of the Great War with elements of magical fantasy and horror.
* Sorcerers of the German Imperial Army - fueled by the magic of red
dragons - bulldoze Allied defenses and push deep into France.
* Heroic griffin riders of the French Air Service fight to free their nation from the daily terror of zeppelin bombing raids
* British golems squads fight alongside tanks to turn the tide of battle against the Central Powers
* In the darkest days of the war, in desperation, the Kaiser makes a Faustian bargain that unleashes an invasion of legions of creatures from Faerie onto the European continent.
In this book you will find new edges, hindrances, and combat maneuvers, new monsters and stats for tons of weapons and vehicles. The big feature, rules-wise, is the magic system, which not only removes power points, but provides a wide range of roleplaying themes for caster characters, with examples of dozens of magical schools and guidelines for creating your own.
Beautifully written for the Savage Worlds game engine by the masters of story telling - Mike Lafferty and Bryan Hitchcock.
While this is not in the backing rewards, if you decide to back any level where a PDF is offered...you may substitute the PDF reward for your choice of a *.mobi (Kindle) or a *.epub (Nook) version instead.
* Cover image shown above.
$1500 Group Archetypes book (better title to come later). The book would be focused on creating groups and deciding on which aspect of the setting to explore, offering accompaying One Sheets as a way for people to try it out. Then each One Sheet would also focus on a different play style as well.
Just for example:
- Novice: Infantry, newly trained German spellbinder squad with orders to take out the Russian command apparatus during the battle of Tannenburg.
- Seasoned: Armor (tanks and golems), a British golem squad must bring down a red dragon
- Veteran: Espionage, a group of saboteurs must take out a Dragon Army factory
- Heroic: Air Power, fighting aces attack a German super-zepplin defended by the Red Baron
- Legendary: Commandos from Earth and The Kingdom of Dunedhin, a mix of allied races, assault an ancient sepulcher in Svaldon, to stop a zombie plague
$1750 Kaiser's Gate Soundtrack composed by Tree Dweller Studios, developed especially for this kickstarter. Check out his other music on DTRPG.com or RPGnow.com. He is listed on these sites as Fishwife Games and can be found here - http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3692
$1850 Everyone that backed at a level that contains a PDF will get an additional format of their choice, your choice of a *.mobi (Kindle) or a *.epub (Nook) version
$2000 Wall map of Europe, useful for all Kaiser's Gate missions, drawn by notable cartographer/artist Steffon Worthington.
$3500 We will publish an exclusive Kaiser's Gate anthology (see right). This will be published in an electronic edition, and you will get your choice of mobi, epub or PDF.
$4000 Everyone will get a copy of a set of Kaiser's Gate Figure Flats.
$4500 We will publish an exclusive Kaiser's Gate novel written by Daryl Mallett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_F._Mallett),
- (46 days)