About this project
- Tim Brown - Co-Designer of Dark Sun is donating an Audio Track to the DEMIGOD TIER from his latest world Dragon Kings!
- Ghostly Manifestations SFX Pack for Stretch Goal 2 won by Backer Vote!
- 1 More Bonus Track Added to DEMIGOD TIER! Composer Serban will donate a Sound Effects Pack by Backer Choice. Including Voice donation by Joe J Thomas of The Skeleton King from Diablo 3 fame, that's 6 Exclusive Tracks for you to shape and create!
DWARVEN FORGE & BATTLEBARDS ANNOUNCEMENT! READ ABOUT IT HERE
$26,000 REACHED! - STRETCH GOAL 10 IS UNLOCKED!
Stretch Goal 10 is unlocked and is available for those who have Pledged at The Demigod Tier or higher. Audio to be created are:
- Pirate Sea Shanties Score (Source)
- NPC Script by Backer Vote
The Best Downloadable Fantasy Audio & Tools for your Tabletop RPGs -- BattleBards is the most expansive Tabletop Audio Library and Tools ever assembled to help bring your campaigns a new level of immersion. An ever expanding library starting with 500+ professionally crafted tracks from the get-go to unlock for download and for streaming through your browser on any of your computer-based or mobile-based devices.
Tailor-made background music inspired by fantasy races, voiceover scripts written to bring life to everyday NPC interactions, and a colossal array of bone crushing, spell fire blasting sound effects... this is gaming at its best for the Player and the GM.
Your Pledge awards you BUNDLES OF AUDIO. CHOOSE from our Titan-Sized library with a ton of bonuses added at every Tier! Get just want you want to use in-game. Then Download and/or Stream your selected tracks.
Let's kick this off the right way, with your party entering inside of an ancient Dwarf Temple. Go on, close your eyes, take it all in, and just imagine.
Let's show you how your campaigns can be elevated with the right dose of some killer audio with a Mini Quest, courtesy of Alex from Battlebards GMing and Matt Ballert from TableTopTorch.com Playing.
Using audio in gaming isn’t new, GMs have been using movie OSTs, YouTube and free sound effects libraries for years but all of these resources are scavenged, re-purposed, and sometimes jarringly inserted. Not anymore.
Imagine describing the ghastly scene of a Dark Elf sacrificial ritual at one of their wicked temples while playing the following track…
Making a loud ‘bang’ to accent the effect of a Beholder missing its disintegration eye ray and blasting apart the back wall during a fierce, chaos packed combat is one thing, playing the following track while asking your player to make their save is another…
When this Red Dragon shocks your unassuming party with a roar of fiery death, they'll be trembling.
Using the same voice you used for the last 10 NPCs you introduced in the city is one thing, playing the following track on the following trip to the tavern is another…
Want to listen to more? Here yah go!
You will be voting on what to create for
- 1 x Musical Scores Pack --> HAUNTED CEMETERY won by Backer Vote!
- 1 x Monsterscape Pack --> GHOUL won by Backer Vote!
More details to come. And, here is a more comprehensive Audio List
HOW TO SELECT THE AUDIO YOU WANT
Like playing a Fighter, we're starting off simple. In order to give you freedom of choice to get the audio you want, we are offering you BUNDLES OF AUDIO for your pledge.
For every BUNDLE you get, choose ONE bundle type:
(1) 30 x Sound Effect Tracks
(2) 15 x Voice Over Script & Language Tracks
(3) 10 x Soundscape/Monsterscape Tracks
(4) 6 x Musical Score Tracks
When BattleBards goes live you will be able to choose the specific tracks you want according to the Bundles you have selected. The following table outlines the Bundle types of audio to choose from.
WANT EVEN MORE KILLER AUDIO AT A KICKSTARTER DISCOUNT? CHOOSE AN ADD-ON!
If you'd like even more Bundles of Audio, The Add-On Packs are for you. That's more Bundles of Audio at a discount. Back us at any Pledge Tier to qualify.
To get an Add-On Pack simply update your current Pledge Amount by adding on the Dollar value associated with the Add-On Pack from the above Table.
Let's say you pledged at the Demigod Tier ($150) and want ADD-ON #4 (31 additional Bundles of audio for $144).
- FIRST: Click on the blue colored MANAGE PLEDGE button.
- SECOND: Update the PLEDGE AMOUNT from the current pledge of $150 to $294 ($150 + $144)
- THIRD: Click CONTINUE TO NEXT STEP
- FOURTH: Click CONFIRM on the confirmation window
Easy to browse & easy to search, Battlebards must be built to keep you fighting the evil horde instead of looking for tracks. Start typing in what describes the audio you seek and *BAM* options just pop up in real-time.
As seasoned gamers, we know that scrambling for the right audio file is death at the gaming table; it's completely unacceptable. The Battlebards Soundboard brings audio closer to the GM than ever before making using audio at the table practical.
The Soundboard is a way to seamlessly integrate audio at the gaming table. Organize it however you like thanks to our modular playlist design, with our audio and with your own personal audio collection. Create Playlists for your next epic scene or even for frequently used sound effects.
LOCAL FILE SUPPORT (The Adventurer Tier and Higher)
Load your own local tracks into the Soundboard and combine it with your Battlebards audio! Build one central, easily accessible, multifaceted gaming audio library that's right at your fingertips.
SYNC MODE (The Adventurer Tier and Higher)
Sync your Online Audio Collection to your local hard drive. That way even if you don't have an internet connection you can still use your Playlists and the Soundboard straight from the browser!
With the Mixer (Champion Tier and above), create your own dramatic scenes that’ll leave your players with Mt. Dew spilling from their lips by controlling the layering, cropping, and timing of various tracks together to create a seamless masterpiece.
Imagine an apocalyptic mix that starts off with a barrage of fireballs impacting the side of a castle wall. Maybe you want 5 fireballs, or maybe 15? Thought so, you sicko. Organize the mix to play the fireballs all together for a single deafening BOOM or maybe have them impact the castle wall sequentially. The choice is yours.
What Can The Mixer Do?
- Combine Tracks together to score something totally new.
- Layer together over a dozen tracks to script the perfect Mix for your campaigns. Maybe you want to kick thing off with a tavern owner greeting the party followed by voices of drunken fighters arguing in the background, and finishing it off with the sounds of metal clanging as they strike swords. Easy.
- Crop your tracks so you get just the sound you're looking for.
- Audio Fading. Want a sound effect to fade in? Or a voice over to fade out? Maybe some cross fading between tracks? So do we.
- Speed Control. Slow things down to really capture that dramatic moment or speed things up to highlight heavy action.
- Loop. Imagine a town being bombarded by one too many fireballs. The sound of destruction can go on for hours in-game. Just loop your mix and hear the violence for as long as you like.
- Volume Control per track. Create mixes where your players hear the distant echo of a voice in the background while your Bard is playing a loud song in the foreground.
Note: The images above are for illustrative purposes only. They are not representative images of the final product.
Download Your Mixes!
Once you create a Battlebards Mix, you'll be able to download an .mp3 file of your masterpiece!
Share Your Mixes!
You'll be making some awesome mixes, so why not share them with the entire Battlebards community! The number of unique and inspiring mixes we can create together is staggering and it just means more great options to enhance each of our in-game scenes!
Here's Alex giving us a taste of what the Mixer can do using an older prototype application from our last Kickstarter Campaign, Realmsound 2.0. Note: This example is intended to highlight how the Mixer operates using a previously built application. It is NOT the Battlebards Mixer.
- Creating Mixes can only be done from a Desktop or Laptop browser but they can be played on any device.
- Graphical depictions of the Mixer are purely for illustrative purposes only and do not reflect the actual look-and-feel of the finished product.
- Videos showing the functionality of the Soundboard/Mixer are from an application developed during our last Kickstarter campaign and does not reflect the exact functionality or look-and-feel of the new Battlebards Soundboard/Mixer
Bring your personal collection of audio with Battlebards for use on the Soundboard and Mixer from any computer that has net access with Battlebards Cloud.
- Take ALL your gaming audio with you on the go.
- Access your audio via Stream and Download anytime.
- Combine your tracks with Battlebards Tracks on the Soundboard and Mixer and access them from other devices.
- 1 BUNDLE OF AUDIO - Solid for sampling various tracks. Check the Bundles of Audio Table above and select the BattleBards Audio you want.
- THE SOUNDBOARD!
- Custom Kickstarter Profile Badge for Pledging at the Apprentice Tier on your Battlebards Profile Page! All future users will always know that YOU were the reason for why the service went live.
- 4 BUNDLES OF AUDIO - Check the Bundles of Audio Table above and select the BattleBards Audio you want.
- LOCAL TRACK SUPPORTED!
- SYNC MODE!
- Custom Kickstarter Profile Badge for Pledging at the Adventurer Tier on your Battlebards Profile Page!
- Stretch Goal 1 Eligible
- 9 BUNDLES OF AUDIO (8 + 1 Free!) That's enough to get roughly 20% of our expected library available on launch day! Check the Bundles of Audio Table above and select the BattleBards Audio you want.
- THE MIXER
- BETA ACCESS (estimated for October 2015)
- Custom Kickstarter Profile Badge for Pledging at the Champion Tier on your Battlebards Profile Page!
- Stretch Goal 2 Eligible
- 14 BUNDLES OF AUDIO (12 + 2 Free!) That's enough to get roughly 30% of our expected library available on launch day! Check the Bundles of Audio Table above and select the BattleBards Audio you want.
- BATTLEBARDS CLOUD - 5 GB for 12 Months
- ALPHA ACCESS (estimated for September 2015)
- Custom Kickstarter Profile Badge for Pledging at the Lord Tier on your Battlebards Profile Page!
- Stretch Goal 3 Eligible
- 19 AUDIO BUNDLES (16 + 3 Free!) That's enough to get roughly 40% of our expected library available on launch day! Check the Bundles of Audio Table above and select the BattleBards Audio you want.
- ORIGINAL SOUNDBOARD/MIXER APP We developed a Soundboard/Mixer App after our last Kickstarter and we would love to share it with you while we prep Battlebards. After the Kickstarter Funding period ends, you can start mixing away with our current Windows/Mac compatible Soundboard App! Checkout an early walkthrough of the Soundboard below to get a deeper glimpse into what it can do.
- PERMANENT AUDIO BONUS FOR LIFE! When you need more audio, get 5% more for life! Want more details? Go here
- Battlebards Cloud Upgrade - 7.5 GB for 12 Months
- Custom Kickstarter Profile Badge for Pledging at the Planeswalker Tier on your Battlebards Profile Page!
- Stretch Goal 4 Eligible
Some of our most accomplished Composers and Voice Talent from the TV and Video Games industries are creating something EXTRA special just for you. The Demigod Tier gives you 4 more custom pieces of audio that you will have VOTING rights on! And they are gifted for download.
Tim Brown - Co-Designer of Dark Sun - is donating an audio track - Dawn on Khitus - from his latest Dragon Kings world to all The Demigod Backers
NOW 6 Custom Audio you will be creating:
- 2 Music Tracks in .mp3 formats
- 1 Sound Effects Pack in .mp3 formats
- 1 Voice Over Script Pack in .mp3 formats
- 1 Voice Over Script Pack by Joe J Thomas (The Skeleton King from Diablo 3)
- 1 Sound Effects Pack by Illicevici Serban
- 31 BUNDLES OF AUDIO (25 + 6 Free!) to select the BattleBards Audio you want. That's enough to get roughly 66% of our expected library available on launch day! Check the Bundles of Audio Table above and select the BattleBards Audio you want.
- PERMANENT AUDIO BONUS FOR LIFE! When you need more audio, get 10% more for life! Want more details? Go here
- Battlebards Cloud Upgrade - 10 GB for 18 Months
- Custom Kickstarter Profile Badge for Pledging at the Demigod Tier on your Battlebards Profile Page!
- ALL Stretch Goals Eligible
- 65 BUNDLES OF AUDIO (50 + 15 Free!) You'll be able to get everything on launch day and have some left over for additional tracks coming every month! Check the Bundles of Audio Table above and select the BattleBards Audio you want.
- FREE AUDIO PROGRAM FOR LIFE: Every time a new batch of audio is added to Battlebards outside of this Kickstarter Campaign (And any future crowdfunding campaigns) we will add a portion of it to your account for FREE for life. You can expect to receive Audio costing over $1000 to produce every few months.
- PERMANENT AUDIO BONUS FOR LIFE! When you need more audio, get 15% more for life! Want more details? Go here
- Battlebards Cloud Upgrade - 15 GB for 24 Months
- Custom Kickstarter Profile Badge for Pledging at the Battlebard Tier on your Battlebards Profile Page!
Once funded it's all about the Stretch Goals. And, we are excited to include you as part of the creative process for every track labeled "By Backer Vote" below.
We will be offering various versions of the tracks listed in the Stretch Goals below. The best ones we will actually purchase and gift to you as .mp3 files for pledging at a Stretch Goal eligible Tier!
BACKER VOTE RESULTS:
STRETCH GOAL 1:
- Language Pack --> DWARVEN LANGUAGE won by Backer Vote!
- Musical Score by Backer Vote --> Sheikh's Tent / Succubi - Incubus Lair won by Backer Vote!
STRETCH GOAL 2:
- Sound Effects --> Ghostly Manifestations by Backer Vote!
STRETCH GOAL 3:
- NPC Scripts --> Voting is TBD
STRETCH GOAL 4:
- Music Ambiance --> Voting is TBD
STRETCH GOAL 5:
- Monsterscape --> Voting is TBD
STRETCH GOAL 6:
- Soundscape --> Voting is TBD
STRETCH GOAL 7:
- Sound Effects --> Voting is TBD
STRETCH GOAL 8:
- Music Ambiance --> Voting is TBD
STRETCH GOAL 9:
- Racial Language --> Voting is TBD
STRETCH GOAL 10:
- NPC Script --> Voting is TBD
Battlebards is brought to you by the team behind the successful Kickstarter Realmsound Project 2.0. Over the past 3 years we have spent over $25,000 creating an epic Audio Vault that is the basis for Battlebards.
Our team is comprised of veteran GMs that have decades of experience using audio while at the gaming table. Founders Alex @SoulCollectorXX, Kyn @kynchaturvedi, Arya @mridulmp, and Mike ensure every piece of audio in our Audio Vault has been painstakingly created for use IN-GAME.
Our process begins with a ‘creative brief’ that describes the purpose and uses for the score. We open up for custom auditions from the best composers, voice talent, and sound effects gurus. These guys are tagged to serious projects like Street Fighter, Diablo 3, League of Legends, Dragon Ball Z, Tango and Cash, etc. We select the right artist to work with and go through a refinement process to produce the master track.
In all, the entire process from idea to masterpiece takes up to 50 hours per track!
We produce some fun videos in an effort to help with how to use audio in games through our videos “Beyond the Title” and “Audio in Gaming”. One example:
Godsfall.com - An amazing D&D 5th Edition Play Podcast with tremendous production values uses BattleBards audio on their weekly series. Check it out.
Rolecasters.net - Dusque instigates an April Fools prank on Team Battlebards leaving us wondering if Sewing and TTRPGs can truly co-exist
GeekApocalypse.com - Total Geek Fest on this Interview
Risks and challenges
Timelines are always a challenge when developing software. Admittedly our earlier Kickstarter, The Realmsound Project 2.0, did suffer from delays due to unforeseen challenges with the development environment we chose to use along with an untested team. And though it was later than we had initially hoped, we delivered what we promised.
This time around we are using an in-house team we trust and a well-supported development environment. We have also begun prototyping the service ahead of the launch of the Kickstarter in order to minimize development hurdles. Developing technology always has its wild card moments where unforeseeable issues do creep in, but our projected estimates have been created taking these possibilities into account.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (25 days)