This project's funding goal was not reached on August 2, 2012.
About this project
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
BASEMENT BUGS is an atmospheric descent into suffering about a desperate young man who hears a rumor that his apartment building's shivery superintendent may have a secret safe locked away in the basement. Taking advantage of a building-wide fumigation, the young man breaks into the private space of the superintendent - only to be consumed by the gnawing terror that awaits him.
OUR GOAL WITH THIS SHORT:
BASEMENT BUGS is part of an anthology idea that takes place in a creepy location building. Once the project is completed we will be submitting it into next years upcoming festivals such as (Toronto Film Festival, LA Film Festival, South by Southwest & Screamfest) where we hope to show our project to the supporters and fans.
HOW KICKSTARTER WORKS:
Kickstarter is an ALL-OR-NOTHING fundraising platform meaning if we don't reach our fundraising goal in time, none of your funds will be deducted and unfortunately we can't make our movie! We have faith in our community to help us reach our goal so we will be eligible for our late August shoot date.
MEET THE TEAM:
Nick Coviello - WRITER/DIRECTOR/PRODUCER
Nick Coviello, a graduate from the School of Filmmaking at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, placed in the top 100 of over 5400 applicants for the prestigious Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting (sponsored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences). For six years, he has judged hundreds of scripts for competition for Creative Screenwriting Magazine, and worked as a script reader for Centropolis Entertainment (10,000 B.C.) and Ascendant Pictures (LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN). His writings about the state of filmmaking today can be found at his site GET TO THE CHOPPER! www.Get-To-The-Chopper.com
Denzel Whitaker - PRODUCER
Denzel Whitaker is best known for his award-winning role in “THE GREAT DEBATERS” and “BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF CALL: NEW ORLEANS.” A music video director for rock sensations Kid is Qual, & Jacks Mannequin, he just wrapped post-production on the sci-fi action short ﬁlm “OPERATION: CTF” starring Jonathan Keltz which will be premiering at the 2012 Hollyshorts Film Festival.
Barnaby Barrilla - PRODUCER
In 2010, Barnaby was cast in a role on the television shows “Criminal Minds” and “It’s Always Sunny on Philadelphia,” and was also featured in a nationwide ad campaign for Apple. He branched out into producing with his next project, a ten minute action film titled “OPERATION: CTF” starring Jonathan Keltz, directed by Denzel Whitaker which will be premiering at the 2012 Hollyshorts Film Festival.
Kasey Shirk - PRODUCER
Kasey Shirk, a writer/producer with over a dozen credits for both television and multimedia such as “America’s Got Talent,” “Living in LA LA Land,” “Last Call with Carson Daly.” She has been awarded the Ray Fabrizio Memorial Award, the SMC Sketch award, and a runner-up for the WGA scholarship award.
Kevin Riepl - MUSIC COMPOSER
Kevin has distinguished himself with his ability to craft engaging atmospheres and his themes range from energetic and rhythmic to simply macabre and otherworldly, as best demonstrated by his acclaimed score for Microsoft’s top-selling Gears of War franchise. his work on the Unreal series, and the indie thriller THE AGGRESSION SCALE..
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
firstname.lastname@example.org (via email)
or via/ twitter
- @BarnabyBarrilla (Barnaby B.)
- @blackmouf (Denzel W.)
- @get2thechopper (Nick C.)
- @kaseyshirk (Kasey S.)
PLEASE GO LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
FOR UPDATES, VIDEOS & MORE
- PHIL ABRAMS - IMDB
JULES SYLVESTER - BUG WRANGLER
Jules Sylvester, an intelligent, articulate wildlife expert who is part adventurer, part animal trainer, part explorer and full time storyteller. Over 45 years of Film & Television Bug wrangling experience.
MAYERA ABEITA - MAKE UP ARTIST
Mayera is a professional make-up artist with a numerous film credits who currently worked on Eric England's film Contracted. With her talent we promise to bring you some of the most realistic visual look to the film. Below are some great example of her work. You can also check out her website for more info www.mayeraabeita.squarespace.com
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Mononoke Entertainment is a film company dedicated to genre-based storytelling with an equal commitment to craft and character. Believing that execution is the key to excellence, we plan to bring that creative ethic to all our productions and content across a variety of multimedia platforms.
Our first short film, "Operation: CTF" will be premiering at the 2012 Hollyshorts Film Festival which is recognized as one of the biggest short film festivals in the Country
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
- Where can I learn more about your project? You can find more info on the project at our Facebook page. There you can learn more about the story, read crew info, find out about updates, and stay involved. Come see us soon! www.facebook.com/basementbugs
- Is my contribution amount publicly displayed? No. Only you and the film’s producers will be able to see your contribution amount.
- Who does the money go to? Outside of a small percentage for Kickstarter and Amazon, every cent will go directly to the production and completion of BASEMENT BUGS. "We want to make this horror film without compromising our vision - right down to the very last bug." The funds will be used for locations, equipment rentals, cast, crew and food. Of course, we’ll keep you involved every step of the way!
- Can I increase my contribution once it’s been made or change my reward to a different one? Absolutely! After you become a contributor for our film, we hope you’ll follow our production process through our social network accounts, and see how you’re making a difference for us. Based on our updates and progress, if you’d like to change your incentive reward to a different one, or increase your contribution amount. To do so, log unto our page and click on MANAGE MY PLEDGE. From there you will see the various options.
- I’m not in the U.S. Can I still contribute to your ﬁlm? Yes you can.You may contribute from any part of the world.
- What if I just want to support without the incentive? Not a problem! You will have the option to opt out when you make your pledge. Of course, we couldn’t do any of this without you, so whether or not you opt for incentive, please know how truly grateful we are.
- Have any other questions or want to say hello? We’d love to hear from you! Our email is email@example.com
Please share this with your family & friends through facebook & twitter. That would mean a lot to us. Thank you for your time.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)