We did it, thanks to you! Bonus Goals #1, #2, and #3 have been achieved. The Player's Companion is going to be stuffed with even more great content due to your support. An incremental update version of the Player's Companion with new classes and templates, and some of the spells for the Witch class, has been sent out to our backers; see the Updates tab of this Kickstarter if you are a backer and didn't get the message. We look forward to working with our backers to develop the final version based on your input and feedback!
Our target for Bonus Goal #4 is $25,000. If we hit Bonus Goal #4 we will provide all our backers with a special sneak peek of the Auran Empire Campaign Setting, perhaps the most hotly anticipated of Autarch's future releases and now enhanced by the Thrassian and Zaharan races first introduced in the Player's Companion!
With the Adventurer Conqueror King System™ Player's Companion, you will get:
- 16 new character classes to expand your campaigns, including the anti-paladin, barbarian, dwarven fury, dwarven machinist, dwarven delver, elven courtier, elven enchanter, elven ranger, gnomish trickster, mystic, paladin, shaman, Thrassian gladiator, warlock, witch, and Zaharan ruinguard.
- 238 character generation templates with pre-selected proficiencies, spells, and equipment options to create archetypes such as the Aristocrat Bard, Buccaneer Thief, Gladiator Fighter, or Runecaster Shaman.
- A host of new spells, including never-before-seen dweomers such as dismember, earth's teeth, and trance, as well as ritual spells including cataclysm, plague, temporal stasis, and undead legion
- A point-based customized class system that lets you create the perfect blend of fighting, thievery, divine, and magical power. The custom class creation rules are 100% backwards compatible with every class in the ACKS core rules and all of the classes in the Player's Companion.
- Additional equipment and proficiencies to provide options for character classes new and old, plus prices for building traps to defend your stronghold
This all-new expansion builds on the success of Autarch's Adventurer Conqueror King System, which raised nearly triple its initial funding target this summer. Thanks to Kickstarter we did it crowdfunded and with substantiative fan base interaction and customer feedback, and as a result ACKS is now the fantasy RPG everyone's talking about. Whether you missed out on the chance to be a backer with our last effort, or already know how much fun it can be to work with us behind the scenes to make our products the best they can be, we need your help again to bring the Adventurer Conqueror King System™ Player's Companion into the world.
Bonus Goal #1 is COMPLETE: The Player's Companion will have 2 new character classes, the barbarian and the elven enchanter, along with 16 new character generation templates for those classes, thanks to your support!
Bonus Goal #2 is COMPLETE: To celebrate surpassing the record set by our previous Kickstarter for Adventurer Conqueror King, we have added 2 new character classes, the paladin and the warlock, and 16 new character generation templates for those classes, to the Player's Companion!
Drafts of all these bonus classes and templates are now available for backers - check the Updates tab if you haven't downloaded them already.
Bonus Goal #3 is COMPLETE: Thanks to your support, the Player's Companion will contain 25 new spells and guidelines for designing new spells, both of which have made the Player's Companion better than we could have imagined!
Bonus Goal #4, $25,000: If we reach this bonus goal before the end of the Kickstarter campaign, all of our backers will get a special sneak peek of the Auran Empire Campaign Setting, including glimpses of the background for the Thrassian and Zaharian races introduced by the Player's Companion!
Because you need the core Adventurer Conqueror King System to use the Player's Companion, we have now added an option to add ACKS in PDF and hardback to the backer rewards for this Kickstarter! The Two Sought Adventure and Pair of Kings reward levels represent the most straightforward combinations, but you can add ACKS in PDF to any reward level by pledging an additional $10, or increase your pledge by $40 to get ACKS in both hardback and PDF. Either way, please visit our fulfillment partner Game Salute and fill out a brief form to let us know that you've increased your pledge specifically to get one of the ACKS rewards. (Note that the form talks about increasing your pledge; this is only necessary if you did not choose one of the reward levels that already includes the ACKS and Player's Companion combination.)
If you choose these rewards, you'll get the Adventurer Conqueror King PDF right away, and the ACKS hardback will be available at the same time as the Player's Companion pre-prints. (Shipping for the original ACKS hardback is free if it's combined with a Player's Companion print reward; if you want it mailed separately, please add $5 for shipping in the US or $15 for international).
It's should be a self-serve process, but right now (2/25/12) it doesn't seem to be working properly. Email us at email@example.com and we'll send you the file directly!
Yes, one possibility is that we could work with our partner Game Salute to ship your backer reward as part of a Preview Nights bundle sent to a game store near you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to explore this option (which could also be a good way to get you the Adventurer Conqueror King System core book).
Adventurers on up: The complete illustrated PDF of the Adventurer Conqueror King System is available now, but because of some hiccups with the system we used, many of our backers didn't receive their download instructions. We're working hard to get that resolved on a mass level, but if you email email@example.com we can take care of you individually. Conquerors on up: We just received proofs of the hardback and softcover from long-standing RPG printer McNaughton and Gunn and they look beautiful! We fixed some typos and it looks like we're on schedule to get you the printed books in time for GaryCon IV on 3/22/12. All other rewards have been fulfilled except our God-Emperors, whose epic games we are really looking forward to playing as soon as we get our schedules together! But please, if we owe you a reward, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us make it right.
Yes, here's what to do!
1) Become a backer for the Player's Companion if you haven't already, selecting whichever pledge is appropriate to the listed rewards you want to receive.
2) Increase your pledge by $10 if you want the Adventurer Conqueror King System PDF right away, or by $40 if you want ACKS in PDF now and in hardback as soon as it's available.
3) Visit our fulfillment partner Game Salute and http://shop.gamesalute.com/pages/adventurer-conqueror-king-free-pdf-upgrade-offer%20 to let us know that you've increased your pledge specifically to get one of the ACKS rewards; you'll then get a coupon to download the PDF, and will be shipped the ACKS hardback as soon as it's available. (We'll contact you by email if additional shipping charges apply.)
Here is the URL to use to fill out that form: http://shop.gamesalute.com/pages/adventurer-conqueror-king-free-pdf-upgrade-offer. ** Filling out this form generates a coupon which you can use to get the PDF for free, but you have to go through the checkout process and use that coupon. Follow the link once you complete the form! **
Note that the "Two Sought Adventure" and "Pair of Kings" rewards already include the Adventurer Conqueror King and Player's Companion combinations. Adding $10 or $40 to these rewards would get you additional copies of the PDF or hardback+PDF.
Support this project
- (37 days)