About this project
WE MADE IT! OUR CAMPAIGN HAS REACHED OVER 100% OF ITS GOAL THANKS TO YOU!!! IF YOU MISS OUR DEADLINE BUT WOULD STILL LIKE TO JOIN US, YOU CAN ALWAYS MAKE A CONTRIBUTION HERE (ALL DONORS WHO PLEDGE VIA PAYPAL WILL GET THE MOJITO PACKAGE.) YOU CAN ALSO FIND US HERE FOR OUR LATEST NEWS: OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE, FACEBOOK + TWITTER. THANK YOU!!! GO INDIE CINEMA!!!
LATEST VIDEO UPDATE - A DIRECTOR'S JOURNEY
OUR VIDEO - IN SPANISH! SI SE PUEDE. :)
Check out our latest SUMMER MIX made just for you! And our latest blog series, "My First Time," where we interview prolific directors on their first feature films, and the advice they share to first-time filmmakers. For more information on "After the Wedding" including our blog, press, gallery, and more please feel free to visit us at: www.aftertheweddingmiami.com. You may also find us on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
AFTER THE WEDDING is a dramedy that follows newlywed Diego Diaz (Nick Puga) as he heads down to Miami Beach for a few weeks to finish his latest novel, but when he becomes emotionally intimate with a sexy bartender, he and his wife are left to examine the true state of their young marriage.
Funny, romantic, and honest, AFTER THE WEDDING is an intimate portrait of a young couple navigating their new roles as husband and wife, and contemplates traditional love in a modern age.
A Pink Forest Films Production. Starring Nick Puga, Edy Ganem and Krizia Bajos. Also featuring Carol Coronado Crisafi, David-Nicholas Wichner and Nicholas Machado. Written and Directed by Claudia Cifuentes. Produced by Lisa Cifuentes and Karina Cifuentes.
Starring: Nick Puga (Diego), Natasha Dominguez (The Girl). Credits: Claudia Cifuentes (Director), Lisa Cifuentes (Producer), Karina Cifuentes (Producer), Juan Barriga (Cinematography), Tim Quackenbush (Editor), The Electric Pickle and the City of Miami (Special Thanks)
Please note: "After the Wedding" has not yet been filmed! This teaser is just to give our potential backers a visual idea of what the film will look like. For more visual #ATWFilm imagery, feel free to visit us on Pinterest.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
We are trying to raise enough money to begin production on our film AFTER THE WEDDING this upcoming summer in Miami. Our minimum goal to begin principal photography is $30,000, but we are hoping to surpass our goal because the more money we raise, the better movie we can make!
We have a great cast and crew ready to head down to Miami Beach to make this movie. Now we just need YOUR support to get us to the finish line! We truly hope you will join us on our filmmaking journey! It's gonna be a fun one!
See more testimonials here.
PRESS FOR #ATWFILM
The Cultist, Miami New Times' Culture Blog - http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/cultist/2012/05/miami_indie_film_after_the_wed.php
See all press here.
SECRETS TO OUR HAPPY MARRIAGE SERIES
Read all interviews here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
1) How does Kickstarter work? Kickstarter is an ALL-OR-NOTHING fundraising platform meaning if we don't reach our fundraising goal in time, then no money is exchanged and no movie is made! We know this is incredibly RISKY but we have FAITH in our community (that means you! :) to help us reach our goal in time so we may begin shooting this August.
2) Where can I learn more about your project? You may visit our official website at www.aftertheweddingmiami.com. There you can learn more about the story, read crew bios, cast diaries (juicy!), and even check out our cool blog series called "Our Secrets to a Happy Marriage" where we've interviewed cute couples on their secrets, including our parents, Otto and Miriam Cifuentes, who recently celebrated their 36th year of marriage!
3) Is my contribution amount publicly displayed? No. Only you and our producers will be able to see your contribution amount.
4) If I donate, when can I redeem the incentive? All incentives, big and small, will happen after our goal is met. Once we meet our goal, the fulfillment of the incentive will depend on various factors. The easiest way to tell is to check out the "Estimated Delivery" under each incentive. For DVD, screenings and the premiere parties, you will be contacted after we complete the film (September 2013). But if you would like to check the status of your incentive at any time, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with INCENTIVE STATUS in the subject line.
5) What if I just want to support without the incentive? No problem! You will have the option to opt out when you make your pledge.
6) Can we exceed the goal? YES PLEASE! The goal we have set of $30,000 is the absolute bare-bones amount required to begin this project. A lot goes into making a movie so exceeding our goal would only allow us to make a better movie (and not have to solely rely on interns and relatives for crew!).
7) Can I increase my contribution once it’s been made or change my reward to a different one? Absolutely! Once you make your contribution to our campaign, you may want to change your incentive reward to a different one, or increase your contribution amount. To do so, log unto our page and click on MANAGE MY PLEDGE. From there you will see the various options.
8) Can I Gift an incentive? Yes! Some of our incentives make terrific gifts! Simply make your contribution as usual, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line GIFT INCENTIVE, and the recipient’s name in the body of the email. We will then email you a lovely gift certificate (PDF) so you may present to the person receiving the reward.
9) Who does the money go to? Every penny (minus the fees for Kickstarter) will go directly to AFTER THE WEDDING, LLC for the making of this production.
10) I’m not in the U.S. Can I still contribute to your film? Yes! You may contribute from any part of the world.
11) Have any other questions or want to say hello? We’d love to hear from you! Our email is email@example.com.
Thanks for checking out our Kickstarter!
Project location: New York, NY
Special Thanks & Credits: Maria Builes, TigerMilk Films (Camera Operator & Editor), Ben McIntire (Camera), Tim Quackenbush (Editor), Romance Photos by Max Wanger, Original Poster by Ryan Adair
Support this project
- (20 days)