Perk/Add on Update:
We have added to the "I've Found Adventure in Abika" perk. It will now include not only your adventure, but all of the adventures created from this perk.
We have added a new Add on at $5 you can now add all of the digital adventures from the "I've Found Adventure in Abika" perk to your order. As of now that is 7 bonus adventures and if more come along they will be added to this but the price will remain the same.
Also, if you are looking for more BESB art, check the updates. We have peppered most of them with tasty morsels from the book.
The Story and Stuff:
Big Eyes, Small Brains is the third installment in Attention Span Games’ 2D6 based, Pocket RPG Series. It’s a meaty, standalone RPG that’s linked to other installments by its base mechanics, and is designed to mix and match with the rest of the line.
Through Big Eyes, Small Brains, you’ll be able to get your anime in your hip hop, or your metal in your otaku goodness.
Or, if you’re not feeling that, you can just set out to enjoy the scenic vistas of the all-new realm of Abika as they are.
We at Attention Span Games are excited to be working with Otaku Review’s L.B. Bryant and Anime Herald’s Samantha Ferreira, who brought their combined decades of experience together to create the magnificent realm of Abika. That said, I may have forgotten to rein them in a bit! While we normally aim for a page-count of about 120 for our Pocket RPGs, L.B. and Samantha went above and beyond building this behemoth book that clocks in at more than 300 pages.
And it’s through this Big Eyes, Small Brains boasts:
- 6 amazing classes, which include the always-coiffed Combat Maids and Butlers and the shimmering Idols
- 9 vast regions to explore, from the Ayakashi-filled Yotsuya, to the glimmering streets of Lancastar, and the small-town neighborhoods of Mitakihara
- 32 villains and baddies, that include jack-booted Storm Troopers, steely-eyed Yakuza, and fangirls who will fight literally anything to have senpai notice them.
- Oodles of character traits, mecha, and more to make your character stand out
- Cooking skills! Because what kind of anime doesn’t let you make comments on how the cabbage looks?
- And possibly most important of all, BESB provides a multitude of avenues for you run rampant anime adventures with your friends.
Goals and Rewards
Our funding goal is set at $4,000, which would cover the bare minimum for a print run and shipping.
Our primary rewards include physical copies of Big Eyes, Small Brains. We’ll also be sending digital copies, because at Attention Span Games, we firmly believe that digital copies are a force for good. Nobody wants to have a party of grumpy gamers who have to share a single paper book!
In addition, we’ll also be offering DnDizzle: Dragons in the Hood and Laser Metal, since the idea of the Pocket RPG line is to be able to mix and match your adventures, and you can’t rightly mix or match without another book.
That is… if mixing is your thing.
Additional perks include us designing a custom NPC based off of you or your OC, and even going as far as to design a custom adventure starring your custom characters! (Note: All NPCs ad Adventures will be digital-only)
All book add-ons are priced at $2 off of MSRP. So, with this in mind, we’ll be offering add-ons at the following prices:
- Digital Adventures from the Custom Adventure Perk. $5
- 1 Big Eyes, Small Brains: $14
- 1 DnDizzle: Dragons in the Hood: $10
- 1 Laser Metal: $10
- All physicals copies of any of the books come with PDFs, but you can also add any of the PDFs even if you don't order those physical books for $5 each
- Card Stock prints of the art for each of the 6 classes: $8
- Card Stock Prints of the art for each of the 8 Region Villain lineups: $10
- Custom NPC: You get to name the character, and tell us a bit about their/your personality, skills and/or quirks. We will design a NPC around the information provided. Said character will even have a unique power, ability or trait not listed in the book! $25
- Custom Adventure: Includes the Custom NPC add-on, plus: You also get to give us a premise for an adventure you would like to play. That NPC will be a character in the story. It could be your choice of their role, or you could leave it up to us. In either case, you may work for them, have to save them, or even face off against them and their goons to protect the city from their evil plots! One never can tell what their NPCs are doing when they aren't paying attention. $75
Promotion Calendar: (Still looking for more events to be involved in)
Thurs April 18-21: LB will be at Sakuracon in Seattle
Thurs April 18-21: Samantha will be at Anime Boston
Fri April 19-20: Will will be at Norwescon in Seattle
Wed April 24: Will will have a guest article posted at http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=50528
Fri April 25-28: Will will be at Feast of Fools in Raymond Wa
Mon April 29: LB will have a guest article posted at http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=50568
Fri May 3-5: Will will be at Wagoncon in The Dalles, Oregon
Sat May 4th Noon Pacific Time: Will, LB and Sam will be doing an AMA at https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletop/comments/bkohrv/official_attention_span_games_big_eyes_small/
Fri May 10: Samantha will have a guest article posted at http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=50625
Thurs May 16 5:30 Pacific Time: Will, LB and Sam will be doing a Q&A at https://tinyurl.com/randomworlds-chat
Risks and challenges
At this point, the book is fully written, the art is mostly done, and we are aiming to complete the last pieces by the end of the campaign. We have a printer and an importer already lined up (both of which we have worked with in the past), so we don’t anticipate any major challenges to arise on that end.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)