The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Quite a few items on this update. As the title implies good and bad news. We'll start with the bad and work our way to good.
The Bad. After countless play test sessions and demos we have slightly changed the mechanics of the Poison and Chaos dice to where there is no need to have tokens to use these optional dice. The final version makes use of the Poison and Chaos dice themselves as counters and it works a lot better without adding additional elements to the game. This is really not bad news but we did advertise tokens with the dice. To make up for it, see The Good below.
The Ugly. Well, there was a 50/50 chance we would not make the November/December deadline and its more like 99% sure its not going to happen. We finally nailed down the last of the manufacturers, but at this point we are looking at 3-4 weeks before delivery of the last component. So that puts us at January 2014. I know this may be getting old to some of you who anticipated having the game before the holidays as originally planned. No excuse here, other than its just the nature of the beast. If anyone has ever tried to publish a multi-component product, you would understand.
The Good. The good news is that more components have come in (see photo). A summary of the game components and status is found below. Also, to make up for the Poison and Chaos Tokens John and I are throwing in two more Follower Cards as shown below.
Dungeon Attack! Components
• Monster Dice - In production, ETA: Dec. 2013
• Adventurer Cards - In production, ETA: Dec. 13, 2013
• Cardboard Tokens - In production, ETA: Dec. 18, 2013
• Rules Sheet Insert - In production, ETA: Dec. 13, 2013
• Dungeon Adventure Cards - In production, ETA: Dec. 13, 2013
• Plastic Tokens - On order, ETA: Jan. 14, 2013
• Dice Pouch - Done
• Clam Shell Package - Done
• Trap Dice and Labyrinth Dice - Done
• KoEd Dice Pouch - Done