That's a great question. If you're thinking $40,000 is a lot of money, you’re right. It is a lot of money and that's why we’re here asking for your help.
First of all, we want to come right out and say that we do not intend to profit from this project.
In setting our funding goal, we can’t ask for anything less than it would take to complete this project because once we reach our goal, we’re not only committed, but also obligated to deliver everything we’ve promised.
So here’s an idea as to what it’s going to take to complete this project:
- Print production and distribution costs as it relates to both physical versions of the book
- First-hand research and expenses related to the investigation, including international travel
- Scientific analysis and forensic musicology
- Licensing fees as it relates to exclusive and relevant photography to be published in the book
- Legal fees as it relates to not only the elevated risks associated with investigative works, but also the legalities associated with a crowd-funded campaign of this nature
- Kickstarter and Amazon Payments commission obligations
There’s a lot to it and the reality is that without your support, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to complete this project. Every little bit helps and even if you’re not able to pledge today, we’d appreciate your likes, tweets, and shares just the same!