About this project
"...crowdfunding represents a new, high-tech way of going Galt." - Nick Gillespie, Editor, Reason.tv
Ayn Rand and Kickstarter
Ayn Rand is widely considered one of the most influential and controversial authors of the 20th Century. Rand’s magnum opus, Atlas Shrugged, was published in 1957. Thirty-five years later, a Library of Congress survey reported that Atlas Shrugged was the second most influential book ever written - second only to the Bible.
For decades, her books have inspired millions while at the same time sparking vigorous debate in social, and at times, political circles.
What has made Atlas Shrugged withstand the test of time, and continue to sell hundreds of thousands of books every year, is just how relevant people find the message of the book to what they’re experiencing today. Amazingly, it is incredible word-of-mouth alone that continues to drive sales.
Atlas Shrugged tells the compelling story of a Country whose economic system is on the brink of collapse. As the economy continues to spin out of control, brilliant men and women, from artists to industrialists, continue to mysteriously disappear at the hands of the unknown.
Similar to the history of our own country, Atlas Shrugged tells the story of real heroes amongst men and their entirely unique and inspiring battle for independence and freedom. And, as the story of Atlas Shrugged unfolds, we the readers come to learn the true meaning of integrity.
After its initial publication, Ayn Rand aspired to produce Atlas Shrugged into a motion picture. Whatever the reason, fear of failure or lack of courage, Hollywood wasn’t interested - until 2010 when John Aglialoro and Harmon Kaslow began production on the film trilogy.
Kickstarter gives us a great opportunity to reach out to a whole new audience as well as affording fans of the book a chance to participate and join us in being part of the celebration of Ayn Rand’s ideas.
Atlas Shrugged was written over 50 years ago as a warning to future generations. This movie is being produced to alert those same generations.
Ayn Rand on Johnny Carson in 1967
A message from Producer John Aglialoro
"I purchased the rights to Atlas Shrugged back in 1992 because Atlas Shrugged touched my life - in more ways than I can count. If you too have been touched by Rand's work, if you feel an impact has made on your life as a direct result of reading her works, this is your moment to say 'thank you' and help spread the message of Atlas." - John Aglialoro, Producer
Be part of Atlas Shrugged Histoy
To become one of our backers, just click on the big green button to the right of our video. Kickstarter will ask you for your pledge, which reward you want, and how you want to sign up. Signing up is easy; you can even do it through Facebook.
Galt's Gulch Online
Join us in Galt's Gulch Online to connect with other like-minded individuals. The Producers of the films hang out in the Gulch often.
Risks and challenges
As with any movie production, there are various risks and challenges. We are offsetting those risks with production insurance, contingency plans, and a production team with years and years of experience. Having completed and successfully distributed both Atlas Shrugged Parts 1 & 2, we are confident that Atlas Shrugged Part 3 will be in theaters late 2014.
One of our biggest challenges is scheduling a Fall 2013 shoot. Already being September, we are looking to begin shooting before the end of the year. Distribution is also a major challenge, but we have excellent relationships with the great distributors we've used for Parts 1 & 2 and have signed a deal with 20th Century Fox for USA Home Video Distribution.
With respect to rewards fulfillment, we will be working with a professional fulfillment partner to get all your DVDs, digital downloads, and other goodies delivered safely and on schedule.
We’ll be posting regular updates about our progress to all backers, so you’ll be the first to know what’s going on.
Important Information About Rewards
• Travel, lodging and transportation to events and set visits not included in any reward bundle and are the responsibility of the purchaser.
• Some rewards may require additional paperwork. If you are appearing in the film, you will have to sign a release and be qualified legally and physically to be on a motion picture set (and subject to all the rules governing the production).
• For those of you visiting our set, we anticipate shooting as early as October in Pennsylvania or Georgia. However, there is a good chance this may change. We will keep you updated so you can plan ahead to visit us.
• For those having your names carved into Galt's house, all names subject to approval.
• If you become an extra ($5000 reward) you must be a US citizen or have a US work visa, and not be a member of SAG/AFTRA.
• You must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who will count as your plus one) to attend the premiere or visit the set. Extras must also be over 18 and meet all the production requirements and rules.
• This fundraising campaign is all subject to applicable Kickstarter rules/regulations, movie guild rules and applicable law. if any of this conflicts, we will work with you in good faith to give you a substitute reward.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)