Hello! We're the Atéa Quintet, a wind quintet formed of 5 friends who are so lucky to get to regularly play fantastic chamber music together professionally. We are super thrilled to announce that we've been invited by the brilliant record label Coviello Classics to record our debut CD.
Right from the get go, our music making has been both a joy for us to be a part of but also seems to have been thoroughly loved by audiences around the world. We have been incredibly fortunate to have had some absolutely amazing adventures together including:
- A packed recital at the Wigmore Hall
- Several tours both in and out of the UK
- Successes in competition at an international level including becoming double prize winners at the 2015 Carl Nielsen International Chamber Music Competition
- Places on the Live Music Now, Kirckman Concert Society and Tunnell Trust schemes
- Helping to foster new generations of chamber musicians with our work as the Associate Ensemble in Residence at the Birmingham Conservatoire and Quintet in Residence at The Purcell School
- Performances at major festivals and residencies on the Isle of Coll (twice!) and at the Two Moors Festival
We've now reached a point on our journey where this new project that we've been planning for years is almost ready, now we just need your help...
Our debut CD! The internationally acclaimed Coviello Classics are joining us in crafting an album of absolute classics of the wind quintet that we have honed in years of performance to audiences throughout the globe.
Including music from some our absolute favourite composers and several contrasting styles, it sounds cheesy but there actually will be something for everybody.
Making a CD isn't cheap, there's an awful lot that happens behind the scenes that all adds up. We've saved and raised a lot of money but we still have a little way to go, that's where you come in! By choosing one of our exciting hand-crafted rewards you can join us in helping to bring this album into being. As well as this, you can also get insider updates on the recording process and loads of exclusive content.
London, well, more specifically a very quiet location in Surrey to help with cutting down on ambient background noise such as sirens, motorbikes and crying babies!
The recording is scheduled to happen in October, with mastering and editing taking place at the end of the year with the finished product hopefully ready to ship before New Year! We are planning a super dooper launch event in central London in January which we would LOVE if you could join us at.
So many reasons, all equally important. In no particular order:
- People keep wanting to buy CDs from us!
- We are really passionate about making this project come to life
- The team at Coviello Classics and us are super excited to work together
- Because you felt strongly enough to read all of this text
Risks and challenges
As ever, the best laid plans of Mice and Men... We believe we have thoroughly prepared for all eventualities and have left room to manoeuvre in terms of time and budget, with all the music having been prepared well in advance, the project planning all being completely under control and the actual execution of the recording being handled with German levels of precision and rigour.
Our biggest concern is that the the CD does not end up being funded, so please do join us in creating this album, any help will be gratefully received.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)