Versatile is an album of experimental love songs to the lands and communities which restore us through turmoils again and again. Recorded in remote forested hideouts, off-kilter compositions of harp, layered strings, pump organ, found sounds, and crystal glass explore the versatility of queer love and survival.
Written during songwriter Elliott Miskovicz’s passage to living in the woods due to neurological conditions after a lifetime in the Philadelphia area, these 11 songs follow the journey of the sacrifices we make in the name of solace. Although rural life was not always easy as a trans fag, his songwriting there evolved from a tool for coping with chaos into an expression of reverence for the enduring ecosystems surrounding him.
Mixed by Candlewolfe sound and currently being mastered by Kris Force, Versatile's physical release will include 11 handmade drawings of plants corresponding to each song by herbalist Miranda Resnick, and an evocative cover poster by queer metal artist Stephen Wilson.
Funds from this pre-order will go towards costsof:
- Recording, mixing, and mastering
- Visual art and printing of 11x11" song illustrations
- Tape production
- Creation of customized safer sex supplies
- Shipping and packaging
Elliott Miskovicz: Vocals, Composition, Pump Organ, Piano, Marimba, Kalimba, Classical Guitar, Wood Flute, Percussive Branches, Bass Drum, Found Sound Excavation, Home Recording, Production
Maria Boyer: Viola
Stelleaux Peach: Violin, Cello
Myles Donovan: Viola, Lever Harp, Crystal Glass
Sei Harris: Cello
Darian Scatton: Pedal Harp, Harp Recording
David Fylstra: Mixing, Noise Manipulation, Percussion, Percussion Recording
Kris Force: Mastering
1. Husband of Wind - Vocals, Pump Organ: Elliott Miskovicz. Viola: Maria Boyer. Violin: Stelleaux Peach. Percussion: David Fylstra.
2. Horsetail - Vocals, Branches, Bass Drum: Elliott Miskovicz. Viola: Maria Boyer. Violin: Stelleaux Peach.
3. Monster Men - Vocals, Piano, Organ: Elliott Miskovicz. Viola 1: Myles Donovan. Viola 2: Maria Boyer. Cello 1: Stelleaux Peach. Cello 2: Sei Harris. Noise Manipulation: Elliott & David Fylstra.
4. Hunter - Vocals, Classical Guitar: Elliott Miskovicz. Cello: Sei Harris. Noise Manipulation: Elliott & David Fylstra.
5. Meridians - Vocals, Kalimba, Organ: Elliott Miskovicz. Noise Manipulation: Elliott & David Fylstra.
6. Timelapse - Vocals, Marimba: Elliott Miskovicz. Cello: Sei Harris.
7. Languages Unspoken - Vocals, Wood Flute: Elliott Miskovicz. Pedal Harp: Darian Scatton.
8. Oslo in Snow - Vocals, Classical Guitar: Elliott Miskovicz. Noise Manipulation: Elliott & David Fylstra.
9. Heart of a Whale - Vocals: Elliott Miskovicz. Lever Harp: Myles Donovan. Noise Manipulation: Elliott & David Fylstra.
10. Sullivan - Vocals, Classical Guitar, Bass Drum: Elliott Miskovicz. Violin: Stelleaux Peach. Viola: Maria Boyer.
11. Homewrecker - Vocals: Elliott Miskovicz. Lever Harp, Crystal Glasses: Myles Donovan. Cello: Stelleaux Peach.
Risks and challenges
Timelines for rewards depends on some factors out of our control, such as the printing companies and project collaborators.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)