Update: Thank you to everyone who made this campaign a huge success!!!
You can follow the game's progress at: www.AspenLeafGames.com
Over the next couple months our illustrator, graphic designer, and 3D modeler will be working hard to complete the remaining artwork and miniatures. We will launch a 2nd Kickstarter campaign in early 2020 for manufacturing. We can't wait until you can play our game!
Aspen Leaf Games is a new company that is family owned and operated.
We are super excited about our very first game: Time Editors!
This sci-fi themed game involves space/time travel and is a blend of:
- resource management
- a unique worker placement system (which takes place in the present and past!)
We've done 6 long months of game design, 6 months of play testing, and built a prototype.
We've selected a manufacturer and have begun laying the groundwork for production.
We've completed some of the game's artwork and miniatures.
Original music was composed and recorded for our Kickstarter backers!
Here's a sneak peek at the MP3 "Through the Wormhole" that you will receive when you contribute $5 or more to our campaign.
And we've done a million other things that go into making a game (which are too long to list here)!
As a new startup company we have a very small budget. We wanted to have all of the artwork and miniatures done ahead of time and do a single campaign for manufacturing but we decided to do two Kickstarter campaigns: one for the artwork and miniatures and a second campaign for manufacturing (in early 2020). We have budgeted $2,000 for artwork and miniatures but need another $4,918 to finish.
Here is a breakdown of our budget.
Any amount raised above and beyond our goal will be put towards manufacturing costs (after taxes).
Below is the game’s backstory and a “How to Play” video. If you want a quick overview of the game the “Cliff Notes” are posted further down, otherwise please watch the “How to Play” video for more detailed rules. (The official rule book will be posted on our web site when the artwork is complete.)
HOW TO PLAY VIDEO:
(You can skip the "game setup" portion of the video by starting at 2:45)
"Cliff Notes" for Time Editors:
1. To win the game you must prevent 4 disastrous events in the past from happening (or 3 for a shorter game).
2. Players explore planets, build mining colonies, mine resources and transport them to Earth.
3. Resources are used to buy items, buy cards, open wormholes in space for faster travel, open wormholes in time to change the past, and pay time editing specialists.
4. Each player has 4 types of time editing specialists. Each specialist has a unique ability. When they travel back in time they can act to change the past but you lose their abilities in the present. You can choose to send 1 to 4 specialists back in time if you have the necessary resources. Any resources that you take to the past can only be used in the past. Any resources you choose to leave in the present can only be used in the present. Time travel is once per turn, at the end of your turn.
5. Each player has unique disasters to prevent. In order to change the time line and prevent a disaster, you must change the events leading up to the disaster. Certain specialists are needed to change specific events, but you do not know which event will cause a ripple through time and prevent the disaster. Attempts at changing the time line involve storytelling and pulling time ripple tiles.
6. There are 14 types of actions cards for purchase. These will either help you, hurt another player, or do both. You can also hire a statistician to give you the probability of a time ripple.
For more detailed rules please watch our “How to Play” video above.
Here are some pictures of the design progress throughout 2019.
Risks and challenges
All of the digital rewards (music and image) are completed and are ready to be sent via e-mail attachments. Once we have backers' e-mail addresses and the funds are received from Kickstarter we can send these rewards out immediately.
This is a campaign to fund the game's artwork and miniatures. Our second campaign for manufacturing will begin in early 2020. Although there is a possibility that the second campaign is unsuccessful, all backers from this campaign will receive the rewards for this campaign. We are really excited about our game and are confident that both campaigns will be a success!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)