UPDATE 12/6/2013: We've met our first stretch goal! Check the rewards section for the new designs we'll release if we meet our next goal.
UPDATE 11/25/2013: Stretch goals have been added to the Rewards section.
Like you, we're tired of shirts that don't fit and brands that don't care. We created ASPECD to give you the quality shirts you deserve:
- Great fit: More precise sizes and free alterations
- Distinctive styles: Shirts that will actually get you excited
- Outstanding service: Above and beyond what you're used to. We'll take care of you and your shirts for life.
We're introducing our first line of men's shirts on Kickstarter and need your support to turn our vision into a reality.
For most of our lives, every shirt we tried on was too long, too baggy, or had so much extra fabric that we looked like flying squirrels. Frustrated with the state of our wardrobes, we left our jobs to create a company that makes the clothes we all deserve.
We wanted to create a brand that solved these problems in a simple way that makes it genuinely easy for all men to look great. We're excited to create ASPECD from the ground up and do things better:
The standard sizing system today forces everyone to fit into just 4 or 5 sizes. This essentially means nobody gets a good fit, and we're all stuck either paying extra for tailoring or with shirts that we'll never wear.
We created a system that is straightforward, convenient, and addresses the areas guys actually care about. Our solution? Shirts in more sizes that come with free alterations:
By offering "in-between" sizes, we give you an easy way to select a more precise fit without having to go through a complicated measuring process.
We also offer free alterations with every product so you don't have to deal with common annoyances like your shirt being too long or too baggy. All of our alterations are sewn in-house at our Brooklyn workshop before being shipped to you, so you always get great fitting shirts right out of the box.
Clothing isn't just functional - it's a part of who we are and lets us express a piece of our personality. That's why we tirelessly pore over every detail to give you a finely crafted garment.
For us, this starts by scouring the globe for premium fabrics, including the finest threads from Italian and Japanese mills, and doesn't end until we're satisfied with every button, stitch, and label. The result: you get superior shirts that you can throw on in the morning without having to think twice about looking great.
We're so confident in the quality of our shirts that if they ever tear, rip, or otherwise break down, send it back and we'll repair it free of charge. We're passionate about you loving our products, so even if it's not our fault and your clothes get damaged or stained, just mail it back; we'll fix it for free and send it back to you.
If you find you've changed sizes, or simply want something new, you can always trade in your old shirts anytime. We'll give you 15% of the purchase price back to help you get some new garments you've had your eye on. Your old clothes will be donated to someone in need so it's a win-win all around. It's the level of service that we all deserve.
In order to produce our first line of shirts, we need to meet steep factory minimums for raw materials like fabric and buttons. We've already purchased the machines and rented the space we need; now, we really need your help to raise the $10,000 to start production on our first line of shirts.
Trying to take a new approach to men's apparel has been challenging, but we're proud to stand up for our customer-first approach. We're so close to making ASPECD a reality. Your donation would give us the final push we need to start production.
Your pledge is the only reason we're able to launch ASPECD, and to thank you for your support, we're letting the Kickstarter community get first dibs on our launch line:
At the conclusion of our Kickstarter, donors will receive an email detailing how they can redeem their reward and select their size/color.
UPDATED 12/06/2013: STRETCH GOALS
Thanks to all our fans for helping us reach our first stretch goal! The new fabrics have been ordered!
At the 25K mark we'll be adding a new premium Italian plaid shirt. I can't legally promise you this shirt will improve your life, increase your muscle mass, make you grow 4 inches taller or help you win the admiration and respect of your peers, but I can promise you that it's an awesome shirt that will fit great and feel like a soft breeze on your skin.
We are tremendously grateful to all our fans for their support, and we’re working hard to make sure your donations go toward even more great clothes.
We are four friends who want to do menswear right. For us, ASPECD embodies the values we’re passionate about: great clothes with amazing service for everyone.
We'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions about our Kickstarter or our products, send us an email: email@example.com
Risks and challenges
We value and respect your donations tremendously and we're confident we can overcome the risks and challenges below:
1) Getting the right supplies: Our team has built a great working relationship with our suppliers. We will be working closely with them to manage order and shipment timing, as well as to make sure their supplies are high quality and produced with the ethical standards we believe in.
2) Shipping and logistics: We use Fedex to track all our customer shipments. Our logistics tracking system is designed to alert us of potential problems and keep you up to date on the status of your package.
3) Zombie outbreak: We live in precarious times and at any moment the situation could make a turn for the worst. In case things get ugly and the undead start to attack, we won’t be able to keep making the great clothing we promised, but our skills in garment manufacturing and repair will still be valuable in the new world order. ASPECD is prepared and ready to be the menswear brand of choice during the zombie apocalypse. Our upcoming line of Defender shirts come with our patented “NoBite” technology that guarantees to stand up to both zombie human, and zombie dog bites*. Further, we promise to divert all remaining funds from this Kickstarter campaign to buy crowbars and katanas if and when the zombies attack.
*Not guaranteed to be effective against zombie cat, zombie parakeet, zombie snake, or zombie raptor. Effectiveness against zombie gerbil attacks pending.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (46 days)