This project will fund the completion of IT WAS METAL, the new full-length album, bonus EP, graphic novel, and animation from A SOUND OF THUNDER.
UPDATE: We've reached our initial goal, but we still need your support! The total budget for all projects associated with this campaign is over $80,000!
IT WAS METAL is our most ambitious project yet!
- FULL-LENGTH ALBUM: Ten original blistering classic metal tracks and we think our best album ever! Featuring guest appearances by Mark Tornillo (Accept) and Tony Carey (Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow)! Platinum awarded producer Kevin '131' Gutierrez (Shinedown, Raven, While Heaven Wept) is back providing the audio glory, and artist-extraordinaire Dusan Markovic is back with our first ever triple-gatefold cover! Available on CD, double-splatter-vinyl, and digital!
- NEW REWARD: PERSONALIZED SOCCER JERSEYS: A brutal black, red and white ASOT soccer jersey with the name and number of your choosing printed on the back. Simply add $75 to your pledge if you're in the USA, or $85 if you're outside the USA. Do not change your pledge selection. Your pledge should be $75 or $85 over the cost of your selected reward. We will see the extra funds and message you after the campaign to get your size, name and number!
- NEW REWARD: ZIPPER HOODIES: These ASoT "It Was Metal" hoodies feature a full-color Udoroth on the back and a large band logo across the front. Show your Legion of Thunder pride and stay warm! These are our first run of hoodies since 2013, so don't miss out! Simply add $50 ($53 for 2XL or 3XL) to your pledge if you're in the USA, or $60 ($63 for 2XL or 3XL) if you're outside the USA. Do not change your pledge selection. Your pledge should exceed your selected reward by the cost of your hoodie. We will see the extra funds and message you after the campaign to get your size, name and number! (Yes, you can have a hoodie and a soccer jersey, just add enough funds for both!)
- BONUS EP: SECOND LIVES, based on Valiant Entertainment's Doctor Mirage. One new original, two classic covers and two early ASOT songs re-recorded in superior versions. DIGITAL COPIES GO OUT TO BACKERS THE DAY THE CAMPAIGN ENDS!
- GRAPHIC NOVEL: Our first ever comics project! A super-sized anthology featuring an original story based on each song on the album. Features great talent from Valiant Entertainment, Marvel Comics and DC Comics! Will also feature full-album lyrics, band commentary, photos, and other bonus features!
- ANIMATION: Udoroth and the Queen of Hell return in animated form! A new animated video with an original story, character dialogue, and a new character that will change everything!
All of our stretch goals have been unlocked! Here's a complete list: Free guitar picks for all physical reward backers and free posters for all vinyl backers; personalized soccer jerseys; zipper hoodies; "Live from the Deadside", an "official bootleg" live concert film; an all-Catalan re-recording of "Els Segadors"; and a full-on documentary and live film in Catalonia this December!
Be sure to check out all the rewards levels to see all the crazy stuff we're offering, but here we'll highlight the key tiers that give you the most bang for your buck!
Risks and challenges
We're old pros at making albums and fulfilling crowd-funding rewards. You are going to get your rewards and they are going to be high quality. The only serious risk is of a delay of weeks or at most a few months if there is a major problem in the production pipeline.
Making comics is a new challenge for us but we are truly lucky and honored to have met a bunch of experienced and talented artists and writers through our "Shadowman: Tales from the Deadside" project in conjunction with Valiant Entertainment. We've got professionals on the job to see our vision through to completion!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (52 days)