UPDATE - OCT. 7, 2016:
"WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?" is now a Kickstarter exclusive album permanently. We will not be distributing the album to the general public, only to Kickstarter backers. No Amazon, no iTunes, no Spotify. This is for backers and fans only!
Album artwork (front cover artwork not yet finalized):
UPDATE - SEP. 23, 2016:
Our break-even point is $36,000. We've added a bunch of exclusives to help us get there!
Only available on Kickstarter:
- Island of Domination(Judas Priest)/Walls(ASOT - New Version) CD (Free to backers at $30 and above!)
- Limited Kickstarter-edition die-cut CD
- Queen of Hell and Udoroth campaign shirts & buttons
- Karaoke/Instrumental mixes of the entire album
- Sing on our next album
- Get animated into our next video
- Bonus surprise goodies for all "Honored Heroes" ($30) and above!
UPDATE - SEP. 8, 2016: The album is funded and will be released! We still need your help to raise Udoroth from the grave and create the most metal animated video of all time. Our break-even point for the project is $36,950. Here's a breakdown of expenses.
UPDATE - TWO SHIRTS TO CHOOSE FROM:
HAIL, LEGION OF THUNDER!
It wouldn't be autumn without a new ASoT album, so we're baaaack!
This Kickstarter campaign will fund the completion of our upcoming covers album "WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?" We put every bit of effort into this full-blown studio album as we do into our original albums, and churned out some Thunderized versions of classics by Alice Cooper, Rainbow, Mercyful Fate, Manowar, Tool, Kansas, Black Sabbath, Wrathchild USA, Dio, Dan Fogelberg, and Deep Purple! Production was once again handled by the platinum awarded Kevin '131' Gutierrez at Assembly Line Studios, so you can expect the same punchy modern production as our previous albums but beefed up with even heavier guitars and some of the best performances we've ever captured.
Recording is complete and was partially funded by "The Lesser Key of Solomon" Kickstarter campaign from 2013. Funds from this new campaign will be used for manufacturing CDs & vinyl, paying the legally required licensing fees for the cover songs, and for new cover art from ASoT painter extraordinaire Dusan Markovic! We expect a late-November or early-December release for this album!
Excess funds will be used on several projects that are currently in the works. The most frequent demand we get from fans is to bring Udoroth back! Well, we've started to do just that! Animation is an expensive process, but we feel we have a video script that will be quite simply one of the most metal videos of all time, and that will hopefully allow us to turn Udoroth and the Queen of Hell into an ongoing series.
The "Udoroth" music video is by far the most popular project we've ever done, with over 300,000 views and gaining about 1,000 views daily even 2 years after its release. We have a killer expanded story revolving around Udoroth and the Queen of Hell that we are dying to share, and are ready to start bringing it to you. But on top of just putting out something cool, the animation helps grow our fanbase which will make it possible for us to tour more and come play for all of you! The current financial reality is that we lose money if we travel any significant distance to play a show. Therefore we can't afford to come to many of the places that you have asked us to play. The expanded Udoroth and Queen of Hell story and universe can be the vehicle to get us out on the road to play for you, and if it happens, we'll promise you'll have some of the most badass, most metal animation every created!
Since we last came to you, we have been in the studio and maxed out our personal funds recording 12 original tracks, 3 covers, and 3 re-recordings of early ASoT songs. After funding of the covers album and the Udoroth animation, any excess funds will go towards completing these recordings and preparing an all new original studio album for 2017 and a companion disc of bonus tracks!
- GET ANIMATED! Yourself or your loved one included in our next animated adventure! Choose your role: march with the Queen of Hell into battle for the glory of metal; get stomped, chewed or burned by Grinder the Dragon; play D&D and then suffer total immolation, or; carry Nina to our volcano-top gig on a palanquin before getting thrown into the fiery cauldron! Or shoot us a message with your own idea and we'll create a reward just for you! (Not for the faint of heart or short on cash! The base cost of our animation is $7,800 per minute; animation feature rewards are priced accordingly.)
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: You receive an Executive Producer on the album package for all the world to see including all future editions; you also receive special access to the covers album 1-2 months before anyone else, an exclusive design ASoT Executive Producer t-shirt, and all the rewards from the lower tiers!
- THUNDER-CHOIR: Your voice on the next ASoT album! Join us at Omega Studios in Maryland to add chants & screams, hails & heys, and possibly even some oh-oh-ohs to our next original album for 2017! No musical or vocal experience required. This has become a Legion of Thunder tradition that we all look forward to and will never forget, so join the choir! (Must travel to Maryland; session is scheduled for Sunday, December 10, 2016 in the early afternoon.) For an example of how your voice might be featured, check out the first Thunder-choir's chants on Queen of Hell!
- UDOROTH: MAKE HELL GREAT AGAIN: Just in time for election season, this Kickstarter-exclusive design is available as a t-shirt and poster. Show the world you support the greatest of all evils and help make hell great again! (Available a la carte: Just add $25.00 in the US or $36.00 worldwide to add extra Udoroth shirts to your order!) (Max 9 extra shirts per Kickstarter rules.)
- T-SHIRT UPDATE: All backers receiving a t-shirt will now have their choice of Udoroth or Queen of Hell t-shirt! You will select your style and size after the campaign. If you want both shirts, just add one a la carte by increasing your pledge by $25.00 in the US or $36.00 worldwide. We will message you directly after the campaign to confirm your order.
- KARAOKE MIXES: Another Kickstarter-exclusive that will not be for sale ever due to licensing issues; we are offering you instrumental mixes of the entire album in high quality digital format, fully mastered to the same standard as the regular vocal edition of the album. (Thanks to Chuck M. for sponsoring this reward!)
- HONORED HEROES: Get your name printed inside the album booklet (including all future editions) among the rolls of the Honored Heroes of the Legion of Thunder! The Honored Heroes are the backbone of our fan funding community, hence the heroic moniker. Honored Heroes also receive extra goodies and special access to music, videos and more!
- VINYL: We need to hear from you - let us know if you want a vinyl edition of this covers album! If so, vinyl will be the first stretch goal we add after you smash the initial goal!
Risks and challenges
We're old pros at this by now so the risks are few! The covers album music is done, so on that front the only risk is a possible delay if the cover art is delivered to us late. The goal we've set is plenty to manufacture and deliver all of the rewards.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)