**We still need your help...please don't stop pledging and sharing just because we passed our minimum goal!**
Join the LEGION OF THUNDER and help us finish our new album!
If you're here, you know the drill. The music business is struggling, and the few labels that want true classic ass-kicking metal don't have the money to keep artists recording. Suffice it to say, A SOUND OF THUNDER runs on the faith and support of our amazing fans. We couldn't go on without you, and as long as you're flying the flag, we'll keep making music for you!
This Kickstarter will fund A SOUND OF THUNDER's new album "THE LESSER KEY OF SOLOMON" and an enhanced audio-visual experience to accompany the album! We've poured our hearts and souls into creating what will undoubtedly be our best album yet! This will be a darker, more story driven album with more musical and lyrical depth than ever before. This is not intended to be disposable music. Fans will be able to immerse themselves in extensive artwork, lyrics, and additional content while listening to the album!
Specifically, the $10,000 funding goal will be used for the following:
- Recording, mixing and mastering costs
- Commissioning 10 new pieces of fully painted artwork by artist Dusan Markovic (one painting depicting each song on the album)
- A full color booklet accompanying the CD packaging so that all fans can enjoy the artwork and lyrics along with the music. (Adding a booklet can double the cost of CD manufacturing, which is why we need your help on this one.)
- Creation of a beautiful 12" x 12" hardcover book, featuring the album artwork as it is meant to be seen; in large format, along with lyrics, photos and more!
And we've lined up some exciting extras if we can go over our goal:
- If we hit $12,000, we will record and release a cover of the Manowar classic "Pleasure Slave"! (Because the world needs to know how Nina would run things...)
- If we hit $13,000, we will do a live video stream of our album release show for our fans all over the world!
- If we hit $15,000, we will do a west coast US tour in 2014!
- If we hit $20,000, we will release a covers EP next year! (Including "Pleasure Slave", plus the songs that backers have already pledged for us to cover, and a few choices of our own!)
"THE LESSER KEY OF SOLOMON" will contain 10 new tracks drawing on all the elements that we are known for, and delving into new musical and thematic territory as well. Production will once again be handled by Kevin '131' Gutierrez at Assembly Line Studios; assuring the razor sharp, skull crushing sound you've come to expect from A SOUND OF THUNDER. Fans can expect a darker album, with themes of the supernatural and occult tying the songs together, while maintaining the fun classic metal energy from previous albums.
We've heard you loud and clear and this time all rewards stack! That means that each pledge level includes all the rewards for all lower pledge levels. However, if you want to pick and choose, we have made some rewards available a la carte. *SOME OF THE REWARDS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE A LA CARTE* Read everything below to make sure you don't miss any of the unique rewards! (Did somebody say hockey jersey?)
- Exclusive "Kickstarter Version" Track: Alternate version of new track "Udoroth", the hellfire-powered take-no-prisoners album opener! Kickstarter version features alternate vocals and guitar solo, and will not appear on the album. Delivered immediately at conclusion of Kickstarter campaign so no wait for new music!
- "Legion of Thunder Edition" CD: Only available on Kickstarter and limited to 250 copies! Features alternate Kickstarter-only cover art, foil stamping, and each copy is hand-numbered.
- "Honored Heroes": Back by popular demand! This time not only will your name appear in all versions of the album and book, but your photo will be featured in the fan photo section of the book!
- "Legion of Thunder" T-Shirt: Exclusive design for the new album "The Lesser Key of Solomon", only available on Kickstarter!
- Deluxe Slipcase (including Hardcover Book, Double Vinyl and Poster): This is the main event for this Kickstarter, we hope you will pick this one up! Huge 12" x 12" hardcover book. 10 new pieces of gorgeous painted artwork by Dusan Markovic, depicting each song on the album. Full lyrics, band photos, band essays and more; and your name in the roll of Honored Heroes with your photo in the fan photo spread. (Your name and photo will not be matched; you can opt out of either...your choice!) 12" color double-vinyl pressing of the album! 24" x 36" poster! All contained in a stunning full-color slipcase!
- "Thunder-Choir": Back by popular demand; join us in the studio to add your voice to the background vocals on the album! Strictly chanting, shouting, and grunting...no sniging skills required! This time we've booked the date in advance: Sunday, December 15, 2013 at Assembly Line Studios in Vienna, VA, USA.
- "Executive Producer" Package: You get an Executive Producer credit on all versions of the album! Includes an exclusive ASoT "Executive Producer" T-shirt, and access to the Thunder-Choir session!
- Cover Song: We will cover any song of your choice and provide you with: A) Studio quality recording with acoustic guitar and vocal only (Nina & Josh), or B) Demo quality recording featuring the full band.
- Cover Song Deluxe: We will record a full album-quality cover of a song of your choice at Assembly Line Studios.
A LA CARTE REWARDS:
Most fans wanted all rewards to stack but some of you wanted to pick and choose your rewards. In order to please everyone, we've made all reward levels stack, but provided some "a la carte" choices. To add any of the items below to your rewards, simply add the indicated dollar amounts below to your pledge! Mix and match as you please. (Feel free to add multiples of any a la carte reward, but please note no more than 10 of any one item are allowed per Kickstarter policy.) We will contact all supporters individually to confirm your a la carte rewards after the campaign ends.
(Example 1: If you ONLY want the Legion of Thunder t-shirt, and you live in the US, select the $1 "Thanks" Reward, and add $16 to your pledge.)
(Example 2: If you want the CD, hockey jersey, and pint glass, and live in the US, select the $15 "Limited Compact Disc" reward, and add $113 to your pledge.)
A LA CARTE ITEMS:
- ASOT HOCKEY JERSEY: Band logo and graphics on black and white hockey jersey with white trim. ($95 US / $110 International)
- ASOT PINT GLASS: Laser engraved band logo and "The Lesser Key of Solomon" album symbol on pint glass ($18 US - Sorry No International Due to Shipping Cost and Breakage)
- PRIVATE GUITAR OR BASS LESSON: 1 hour private lesson with Josh or Jesse via Skype. ($50 ANYWHERE - International fans, Skype connections can be iffy, we will refund you if lesson cannot be properly given due to poor audio or video quality)
- PRIVATE CONCERT : ASoT will perform a full length concert for you at your location, and let you choose the setlist. We will provide a small PA and bring all our own gear. You provide the place including all necessary permissions/permits/etc. ($2.00/mile from Vienna, VA, subject to $200 minimum for local shows and $300 minimum for shows requiring overnight travel. Use Google Maps Driving Directions from Vienna, VA to your location to calculate mileage and cost.)
- ORIGINAL ART BY NINA: Nina will create an original full-page ink drawing just for you! ($75 US / $95 International)
- LEGION OF THUNDER T-SHIRT : Kickstarter-only shirt featuring "The Lesser Key of Solomon" graphics! ($16 US - $26 International)
- DELUXE SLIPCASE: Hardcover book, 2 x 12" color vinyl and 24" x 36"poster all housed in a full-color slipcase. Includes "Honored Heroes" pack: your name and photo in the book! ($55 US - $80 International)
- PAPERBACK BOOK: Paperback version of the deluxe book. 12" x 12" on glossy stock. Includes "Honored Heroes" pack: your name and photo in the book! Does not include vinyl, poster, or slipcase. ($20 US / $35 International)
Risks and challenges
There is very little risk of a delay in completing the album recording once the Kickstarter succeeds and funding is available. The songs have all been written and the drums, bass, and rhythm guitar have already been tracked for all songs. The highest potential for delays lies with the large amount of artwork we are commissioning from one artist, and with the large amount of products which will require extensive design & layout work and overseas manufacturing. We have handled similar tasks before with the "Time's Arrow" Kickstarter campaign and rewards, so we are confident that we can deliver all the promised rewards in a timely fashion again!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)