ʌirtual Idol (Virtual Idol) [バーチャル アイドル ] (Canceled)
Do you like UTAU, Vocaloid or any other kind of virtual singer? perfect click the picture!
To see all the features that need to be implemented and the progress, on such please click here
What is virtual idol? Well to put it simply it's a complex puzzle/rhythm based game. That features both UTAUloids and Musical Puzzles.
What is the gameplay like? The final game will feature 3 types of gameplay options and features. We have labeled these in development the following: Zig zag direction gameplay: Pattern direction gameplay: And blockage gameplay. Let’s talk about the most simple form that was implemented in the demo Blockage gameplay.
Blockage gameplay, is essentially what we have now but a bit more dynamic. Currently in virtual idol, you have one direction, in which you hit the notes that they keys happen to fall into. This seems pretty basic so far as seen in this test video.
However there's a reason that theirs block in the name. Basically the more challenging a level the more directions are added to game. Forming a block like pattern, of notes you have to hit that all correlate with the keys assigned to their color.
Next up is zig zag gameplay. Zig zag gameplay will operate similar to games like Ozu (ah-SS) where you have a line of patterns that you have to connect with the keys. If you don’t know what I’m talking about you can check the video in the description.
Lastly is pattern gameplay.
Basically this is when you have a pattern on screen that you have to maneuver through using the proper color coordinated keys. Similar to something like this. I apologize, for all the poorly done mockups, but I have little to no art skill and the budget is just about used up.
UTAU AND THIS GAME:
Now let’s talk about UTAU and where this all factors in. UTAU is a japanese program that let’s you create your own virtual singer using pre-recorded sounds. It’s similar to a text to speech program but with singing and a cool character to go with it. You can literally make your computer sing!
Basically theirs a lot of time and effort that goes into this but to make it short and sweet, all the songs in the game are sung by UTAUloids, and you can get cool features like 3d cutscenes, that you can edit, when you a complete a song for a level.
If this seems like a lot that’s because it is. It’s a whole lot. And that’s why we’re trying to raise a budget. Currently if this kickstarter fails this game will not be made. And all the hard work my team has already put into this game will be for nothing. So please even if it’s only a dollar consider donating, it really helps us out. With kickstarter it’s all or nothing and by its current status we’re at nothing. Thanks so much -Your name
A prototype for the game can be downloaded here
gameplay can be seen here
- 5500 advanced character customization
- choose a different outfit and have the option of choosing a different singer per song
- $8000$ d animation on top of the 3d music videos.
- $11,000 EXTREMELY DIFFICULT version of the game.
- $12,000 An extremely accessible edition of the game meant to be extremely accommodating more so then the general game. Made for disabled and or neurodivergent players.
- Control menu: that lets you turn off songs with certain tempos, beats, languages and certain sounds, advanced screen dim control (control the color of the video and the hue), disables songs that have "Explicit" themes or tones in them, and general parental control settings
What characters will be appearing in the game?
Myuto Amaya/ミュト あまや (サンプル日本語ソング)
Chikka Torreliza/チカトリザア (サンプル日本語ソング)
Aino Erufuアイノ·エル (サンプル日本語ソング)
czloid/チェスワフ (sample song)
Samura Tomi/ 佐村トミ=(サンプル日本語ソング)
(Note: All examples are not necessarily going to be included in the game.)
All together with the Utau characters and the ones in from the kickstarter (see the 300 and 500 $ rewards) there will be many characters to choose from.
NOTE: If you select the $300 or $500 tiers, your character must have a working English and/or Japanese voice bank. Additionally, we'll need permission to use the character in the commercial release.What songs will appear in the game?
(Locked in a game/ゲームでロックされています (not this version/このバージョンではありません)
(Smoke and Mirrors) (not this version/このバージョンではありません)
WHO'S WORKING ON THIS?
Lots and lots of people! We listed everyone here .
Where's the money going?お金の用途
- 100+ for rights.
- 500+ art/models/animation
- We have to raise 4000 for the entire game to be programmed
It should be noted that a huge portion of this game's budget even with the kickstarter funds is coming out of my pocket.
Also kickstarter takes a cut and we have to have at least a little wiggle room in case these prices change in the future which according to our freelancers is very likely.
AqUaTIC and this game :
I'm still working on AqUaTIC hence why I'm hiring other developers to develop this game for me. I am working on Aquatic and am its developer however for this game I am only its creator and producer.
FEATURES 機能 :
The final game will feature
- 3d music videos in a cutscene like manner.
- More complex music puzzles:
- Multiple UTAU loids and covers/original songs
- Let's play friendly graphics: /Do to the fact that most of the songs are copyrighted and we merely licensed them we can't promise you won't get flagged for copyright (on sites like youtube) do to the music (we have no control of whether or not the original creators opt into automatic copyright systems) but the graphics in the game are currently planned to be DRM free, so reviews and levels with our own original songs should be fine to do a lets play or review of/
- Screen brightness control
- Skip a level feature'
- Music that affects the reward section
- Rewards: After each gameplay section a reward menu will pop up, where you can go to a music video that's shot like a cutscene and change things about it, for example the stage or the singers outfit.
- Language option: choose the language that the game and all of its features will be in.
- And lastly songs in Japanese and in English.
Risks and challenges
Controversy: This one is a big one. UTAU is freeware and we're charging for a game based off of the songs created with it. Not against the rules of the software mind you but still. Despite the fact that voicebanks, character licenses, and even ALBUMS are sold already....This is definitely going to be controversial. Even though we have a somewhat decent following and support base already its always a possibility.
Only original songs: We may not get the rights to many covers so what's listed may just be it and the rest be original.
We may only be able to release the english version of the game worst case scenario. The japanese songs will still be there but the game istelf may only be available in English.
No Braincake: lastly if the game becomes to controversial I may be forced to produce it independently separate from Braincake Productions. Braincake Productions is to small of a company to handle a big controversy so I must do what is best for the company in the long haul. However it should be noted that we don't get to keep anything if the kickstarter fails.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)