"Indian Teachers in Miniature" Solidary Project
"Indian Teachers in Miniature" Solidary Project
Solidary project “ INDIAN TEACHERS IN MINIATURE”, the philosophy of the new liable hobby modeling.”
Solidary project “ INDIAN TEACHERS IN MINIATURE”, the philosophy of the new liable hobby modeling.” Read more
Puedes acceder a este mismo texto y contenido en Español HACIENDO CLICK AQUI.
The objective of this campaign is collecting sufficient money to bring three children from an Indian orphanage in Hyderabad to Spain, to give them the possibility during the hobby modeling workshops in a school in Granada (Spain). At the same time they will receive lessons in order to increase their knowledge to share it with their friends ones back in India, as well as their experience in western country.
Those are the three most interested kids in the last “Asgrataris” project, in which we spent three months in India by teaching values as the respect of the environment using hobby modeling as a means (to more information click here).
The three kids will spent a month in Spain, during this time one workshop will be realized in Warlotus shop. With this project we do not only aim to exchange of knowledge between cultures, but also an active learning of English language an the introduction to hobby modeling and all its artistic aspects to others kids who ignore this world.
The money collected in this crowdfunding will be used to pay the fly tickets, passports and maintenance of the three children during their stay in Spain. They will stay at Ruben’s home, the president of Asgrataris association, so there is no accommodation cost. We want to be totally transparent on this aspect, that is why we are going to make a list with all the expenses we are going to face to carry out the project. You can always check out the Asgrataris bank account on our website.
Moreover this campaign has got a second aim which is extend the range of miniatures with a new brand called Asgratris Dream Miniatures. It consists of a brand recently created which will be used as a financial support for the association, considering that the benefits of this project will be designated to this program as well as the saharan children.
The project that we want to realize is expensive, since it includes three fly tickets with the drawback that the kids need an adult carer, which means en extra fly ticket. We believe that this is the best way to proceed in this moments.
Considering that supplying, to the modeling community and wargamers, excellent pieces and scenographic elements, we obtain the possibility to carry out an enriching project for the children from the orphanage as for the assistants from the War Lotus’s workshop.
This project has got three months of hard work behind it, together with four people who believe that a world, free from the aggressive capitalism which summit us every day its’ existence. We believe that it is possible to live happily by doing what we like and helping others. Are we a dreamers? We don’t know. Are we crazy? Maybe. But one thing we realize through our short life is that happiness costs very less.
We want to thanks for all the help you can offer us. Not only with money you can contribute to the project, you can also give your bit sharing this crowdfunding with your friends and acquaintances. Don’t forget our other platforms: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. As well as our website ( www.asgrataris.com).
To participate in the campaign, choose one of the products of the "Pledges" that you like (in the column on the right). If you want an available add-on, or any of the other products available, add the price of those extra figures to the total amount you are going to contribute to the campaign. Remember that before the campaign is finished, you can change the amount you want to contribute, in case there is an add-on that is unblocked at the last minute. Once this is finished, we will send you a questionnaire to ask for your shipping information, and to tell us why add-ons have paid in addition to the product.
You can contact us through Kickstarter or sending us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At last we want to thank you in advance for your time and interest. We hope that the product we are offering will meet your expectations and we hope that all together we will carry out a project which will go beyond cultures, races and borders.
Thank you friends, and have a good course beginning!
To finance the travel of the children’s travelling to Granada, we realized several pieces trying to cover different sections of the hobby, with the aim of reaching different sponsors, painters, players or collectionists. The showed products will be used after enriching our catalogue.
According to the operation of Kickstarter only you can select a "Pledge" to contribute in the campaign. You can add the products that you want when making your contribution. Simply add the price to the amount you´re going to contribute. At the end of the campaign we will ask you what extra figures and add-ons you have paid for.
You can see better pictures all the products CLICKING HERE.
THE MADNESS DOORS Video:
"WELCOME TO THE HORDE" Video:
VIKING WARRIOR Video:
PAINTING AND SCULPTING PLEDGES Video:
To unlock the add-ons the campaign need to reach a certain number of sponsors. Some add-ons will only unlock in the case of reaching a specific number of sponsors in his relative pledge. All the add-ons in digital format are free for all the sponsors.
We also offer the figures which we already are in sell in Asgrataris Dream Miniatures, with a little discount, as a beginner add-ons, because the objective of this campaign is collect money needed for the children fly tickets and we want to use all our resources we have.
If you want an add-on of those available and unlocked, you can add the ones you want when you make your contribution. Simply add the price to the amount you´re going to contribute. At the end of the campaign we will ask you what extra figures and add-ons you have paid for. Remember that you can change the amount you bring in the campaign at any time before finishing this campaign. That way you can add the add-ons you want and have been unlocked.
You can see better pictures all the products CLICKING HERE.
The rewards will unlock in accordance with the money reached.
All of those are free for the sponsors, and some exclusive for this campaign.
We are concious because it is t our first campaign and we do not know what kind of consequence will have. However, in case of unlocking and overcoming the last reward, we will follow working to offer you more gifts, so pay attention!
We want to explain you how you can contribute to our project,
1. Create a Kickstarter account
2. Follow the Campaign and select, one right column , the contribution or Pledge that you want to realize (By its way of working, Kickstarter only allows to select one contribution or "Pledge" by each person). You will find all the information in the corresponding box. If you want other figures in addition to the one you have selected and add Add-ons to your purchase, add the price of all to the amount indicated in the "Pledge" you have selected. When the campaign is over, we'll ask you what products and Add-ons you've paid for.
3. During the time of the campaign, keep you up to date about its situation in the section updates, in order to know which rewards and add-ons are unlocking and modify your contribution to the project (if you want some).
4. When we will complete the campaign, we will send you a form that you have to fill up with your shipping details and email, moreover some last-minute Add-on or product that you have forgotten and want to purchase.
5. We will calculate the shipping cost (after adding the Add-ons) depending on the weight and place we request to send the pieces. But calmly, the amount you have already paid for the shipment when selecting your contribution or "Pledge" will be deducted.
6. Pay for your additional support and the extra delivery (through PayPal).
7. Again, pay attention to the Updates to know how the production is going on.
8. Receive your order en enjoy your reward fruit of your help.
As we already have said we need money basically for the children’s maintenance and transport. Even if it doesn’t seem a big amount, when it will be collected through Kickstarter, the amount of money needed to reach our goal, will increase considerably counting the other derivated campaign costs. We also want to say that we calculate everything at the worst cases, that is for example, we consider that we are going to have too many orders from different places. Which means that it can be less money needed then projected.
In this case those money will be designated to cover the extra cost of the project which you can check out in the post-it below.
- Production expenses: To complete your orders, which are physical products, we need to invest money for the production and the packaging of our pieces. That means extra money to add to our goal. Using part of money from the association Asgrataris, and another part from our pocket we could make the first finished products to show you how they look like, considering that we are going to recover this money as soon as we get over our money objective.
- Shipping expenses: Following the guidelines of this platform, we have to consider that the shipping cost that the contributors pay, will be counted has a profit for the campaign. We are conscious that in many project the shipping costs are included in the price of the products. We are a little association and we don’t have a lot of means, moreover we believe that it is right that everyone pay corresponding on the weigh of the piece they want and depending a place to where they need to be sent. We prepared several rewards for those who support our campaign to balance in some way those costs, besides free gift for all those who have trust in Asgrataris.
- Platform taxes: We have to consider also the taxes taken from the platform for it’s use. It’s about a total of 5% (Kickstarter+ Amazon). This need to be added to the total amount we need for the transport and maintenance of the children.
- Adult carer expenses: As we have commented before, the kids need a carer since they can’t travel alone cause they are minors. The orphanage director propose himself to cover this role. The agreement is that he is going to pay his own fly ticket and his maintenance. However, it is better for us to buy all the tickets from Spain. For that reason we need an extra money to cover this expense too. Once in Spain, the director of the Indian orphanage will refund us the cost of his flight ticket and this money will be used for the children maintenance, in case we just achieve the basic money objective. Where we overcome the money objective, we will be able to pay the children maintenance using the money collected in the campaign, therefore, we can use this money to cover the costs related to the the crowdfunding campaign.
In Case we reach our objective and we overcome it, the additional incomings will be given in this order:
- Defray the expenses faced from the people who decided to help us to whom we promise to pay the effort in case of reaching the money goal, as we said to recover the first investment we made in order to use it for Asgrataris association (online web site and marketing materials for the events).
- Salary for the project participants. Asgrataris is an hobby modeling association not an ONG, even if we are doing this for the love we have for the hobby modeling and for the social compromise, we would like to have something in exchange for our efforts we have been doing during this there months, for the writing, translation, paint, sculpture and logistics. As as the “Asgrataris modelismo solidario” statutes said, the project participants can earn only the minimum wage (707€) por project. - Necessary materials for the children’s workshop during their stay in Spain.
- Travel expenses of project participants (considering that some of us live outside of Granada).
- Help for the children in Wilaya de Shmara (Sahara) through the Karma “Vacaciones en Paz”.
This campaign will realize shipments all around the world.
We will start to send our pieces one moth after the end of the crowdfunding.
Down here you can find a timeline that we will try to follow as much as we can. We hope that at Christmas each of you have the products at your home. Because we can’t calculate exactly the shipping cost of the ending campaign rewards, they will be add in a second time in the Pledge manager survey. Anyway we leave here an approximately price which can vary depending on the weigh of the box.
Spain: from 6 to 15€
Europe: from 10 to 22€
Rest of the world: from 15 to 40€
In the survey that sent by us, we will give an option to give you the rewards personally which for sure will be in Granada and Zamora.
Ruben Molina (Painting, scenography, audio and video content)
Elisa Greco (Editing, audio and video content, translation)
Pablo Ronda ( Sculpture, casting, audio and video content)
Jennifer Estebanez (Editing, audio and video content, painting)
Thanks a lot tho whom had collaborated directly to the crowdfunding with your art:
- Celia Ronda (Video edition)
- La Mare (music of the Asgrataris video)
- Jesus Mª Ronda (Ambient music and video products music)
- Antonio Amoros “Es3prods” (picture of him painting the ArtToy)
- Green Stuff World (Tools, putty an accesories)
- Carlos Soto (música del vídeo Cómo se hizo el Art Toy)
- Quim Sánchez (Donkey sculpture and the girls from the scene “Nitocris Mirror”)
- Jorge Ayora (Painting of the scene “Shoggoth Attack”
Risks and challenges
This is our first campaign, not only on this platform, but the first indeed. Even though we touched other campaigns, we collect many information about the mistakes we can make and how to solve it. We know the problems we are going to face considering the time available and the managing of the shipments.
1) Production: If the campaign will succeed we are already in contact with some companies that are ready to work with us at the necessary moment. In this way the pieces will arrive before on our hands, and then on yours.
2) Logistics: We know that managing many orders is complicated, but we already had this kind of experience. Our plan is sending products as soon as we complete them, without waiting to stock up all the orders. In this way is more easy for us to organize the shipments, since we are not going to benefit from any courier company. We are going to give the priority to the Spanish orders, as they are more easy to manage.
3) Shipments: We planned to start sending the orders around the middle of November. Even though, there is the possibility to have some delay , above all about the international shipments. Moreover we know that, having shipments with an extra cost for the customers may be a limit, that is why in two different rewards we prepared discounts which we will cover, in order to cut down on the shipments costs.
4) Contacts with the contributors: Some of the products, rewards and add-ons of this campaign have been already created on these last three months. Some are in progress, and some, as the highest rewards, will be realized once the money aim is reached. We will carry out an exhaustive following of the campaign through the Up-To-Dates, informing about the budgets, expenses and rewards process. Even if we have calculated production and shipments costs, we will tell you the definitely costs about the project and the campaign.
Despite of the problems we can face, please consider that we are doing this in order to realize a social project. All that we are participating in this campaign and in the crowdfunding, we are working hard and we hope to collect enough money to realize it. We hope that everything goes all right.
Thank you again for your confidence.
Asgrataris teamLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)